How to Fix Creases in Shoes: 2023 Step by Step Guide!
Either we wear shoes daily or occasionally, a smooth and creases free look matters. Whether you prefer sneakers or dress shoes, wrinkles or creases urge you to throw your shoes out after just wearing them for some time.
Because creases do not only look ugly or worn out but also cause wounds on your feet. How costly the shoes were, while thinking about it you definitely want to know some solution to this problem. A lot of effort is required in bringing such a thrashed pair of shoes back to life.
Reasons Behind Creases
In case your shoes are made of leather, you must deal with them with great care. For that purpose, first of all, look into some reasons behind the causes of creases:
- The quality of the leather matters a lot in causing creases or no creases. High-quality leather ends up with less creases over time as compared to low-quality leather.
- Fitting of the shoes is of great concern while purchasing new leather shoes as unfit shoes will get disfigured easily.
- Foot shape is another factor causing creases that cannot be avoided. As you will flex your feet, that portion of the shoes will get creased.
- Creases also appeared more often in flat toe shaped shoes. So full or semi cap toe shape is the most preferred one for long-lasting good looks.
Let’s look into some precautionary measures as well:
- Use sneakers shield available in the market that can fit properly inside the sneakers.
- Use shoe trees that can well fit inside the shoes and increase the lifetime of your leather shoes.
- Use shoe hooks to properly wear off your shoes otherwise, creases will get appeared in poorly worn off shoes.
Some Proven Methods
So here we are going to give you a very informative guide with proven methods to get rid of your shoes’ creases.
Method 1: Use of Cloth Iron
A clothes iron is the best choice for sneakers and trainers shoes.
- Arrange a medium heated unplugged iron, some old clothes or tissue papers, and a wet towel.
- Stuff your shoes with old clothes or tissue papers, so you could not see creases in the shoe. Tap on the top with your hand, if it is suffocated well, you will hear a tapping sound. If you will press the shoe with your thumb, it will not go inside.
- Take a towel, wet it with hot water and squeeze it out for extra water, so it gets damp. Now, fold it and cover the shoe toe with the wet towel properly.
- Iron the toweled shoe till the time the creases go away. The leather will get stretched on ironing but will take its original shape once cooled. Pro Tip: Hard creases will take more ironing, so please be patient and spend more time to wash away all the creases. Warning: During ironing, keep on checking the shoe by removing the towel away to make sure the shoe has not burnt.
- Take off the towel and stuffing. Finally, you will find a brand new pair of shoes in front of you. Pro tip: Let the shoe cool down for some time before removing the towel and clothes.
Method 2: Use of Cloth Steamer
Clothes’ steamer is the best option for suede and nubuck leather shoes. Please be aware of not using too much moisture on these types of leather shoes.
- Collect a shoe tree, some old clothes or tissue papers, damp cloth and cloth streamer.
- Suffocate your shoes with old clothes or tissue paper to make the toe box.
- Cover the shoe with a damp cloth from the toes towards the side. Pro Tip: Cover the shoes with damp cloth properly, so that streamer can be applied to all the places where creases are sighted.
- Move the steamer on the wet cloth gently without leaving it in-touch for a longer time. Warning: Do not apply too much heat or moisture on a single portion of the shoe as it will destroy the texture of the shoe.
- Remove the stuffing and put the shoe tree inside your shoes, so that the suede and nubuck leather get stretched until the next use.
Method 3: Use of Shoe Polish, Oil or Conditioner
Leather shoe polish, oils and conditioners are the best choices for less or newly creased fancy dress shoes to fix them.
- Bring together a soft dry cloth and leather shoe polish, oil or conditioner. If you want to find out the most suitable shoe polish for your leather boots, go through our latest review for 2023 here.
- Put some drops of oil or apply wax cream on the creases and massage gently with the soft dry cloth until its absorption. Pro Tip: While applying polish or oil and doing massage, stretch the surface of the shoes to remove the crease.
- Take a shoe tree and put it inside the shoes to keep them stretched till the next use.
Method 4: Use of Heat Gun or Blow Dryer
You might be in a hurry for some occasion and want your shoes to free from ugly creases in less time. Then you can take a decent look just by treating your creases by using a handy blow dryer.
- Fill some newspaper, old clothes or tissue paper into your shoe. A shoe tree can also be used to provide a tough toe surface for treating creases.
- Turn on the heat gun or blow dryer by setting on medium heat and throw the air on the creases at a distance of 3 inches. Massage the creases by a continuous movement of hands with a soft dry cloth. Pro Tip: Move the heat gun or blow dryer constantly to avoid constant heat exposure at one spot, which can burn the shoe.
- Stop when there are no more creases sighted on the shoe. Let it cool and message the best leather conditioner for better results.
Method 5: Use of Alcohol
Alcohol makes the leather moist and relaxed which helps to reshape leather and wash away creases.
- Take an empty spray bottle and make a solution with equal amounts of water and rubbing alcohol.
- Spray the mixture onto the creases and massage it gently till its full absorption. Pro Tip: Do not spray an excessive amount of rubbing alcohol mixture as it will dry the leather.
- Let the spray dry and treat the shoe with some oil or conditioner to get good results.
- Put the shoe on a shoe tree to get the leather stretch to its original shape.
When we have a range of shoe types, fixing creases is a big challenge. Oils and conditioners are there for treating light creases but they do not treat hard creases well. A mixture of rubbing alcohol with water is the perfect solution for new to moderately old creases, but excessive use can dry the leather and cause more creases in the future.
The blow-dry method is the best approach for dress shoes, but too much heat can darken the leather. Ironing leather shoes is not the best method to adopt all the time. As with more ironing leather will lose its shape. So, you must try the alternative methods described above in certain situations.
These products also can help you fix creases in your shoes:
- Foam Crease Preventers fit inside the toe box of sneakers to prevent creasing and the appearance of wear
- Patented design protects the look of sneakers by helping to hold their shape
- Soft foam keeps sneakers comfortable during wear while protecting their shape
- Adhesive helps keep them in place for all day protection
- Fits Men's size 11.5 and up
- SHOES CREASE PROTECTOR. This is a tool to improve the toe crease of sneaker. It is not only can keep your brand new sneakers looking new, but also restore and improve your old looking kicks.
- MULTIPLE SIZES. We supply 3 size for men, women, youth, kids to choose. Large(L), medium(M) and small(S) sizes are fitted to the US shoe size range of 9-15(L), 6-10(M), 3-7(S). All the shoe shield are suitable for all dunks low/high, like Air Force Series, Air Jordan Series, Air Flight Series, and other brand sneakers.
- CUTTING GUIDE LINES. Easy to cut auxiliary lines on the inside for easy cutting of the right size according to the size of the shoe. The upper is designed with ventilation holes to keep the shoe dry and extend the life of your valuable sneakers.
- COMFORTABLE. Made of soft TPE material, the thickness is less than 1mm (0.04 inches). It can fits perfectly in most sneakers. Fits easily inside the toe and holds securely, perfectly fitting your shoes so you hardly notice they are there.
- COST-EFFECTIVE. Each package includes 6 pairs of durable men’s size 7.5-13 sneaker creases protector. white color * 3 pairs, black color * 3 pairs.
- PREVENT SNEAKERS FROM CREASING - Arm yourself against sneaker creases with the Ultimate Sneaker Guards. Keep your kicks crease-free whilst delivering supreme comfort.
- WITH ADDED COMFORT - Exclusive gel-tech cushioning provides superior comfort while the sneaker crease protector works its magic
- REUSABLE WITH FRESH SCENT - Sneaker guards can be reused as many times as necessary to help maintain perfect shape - with fresh tropical fragrance built in
- HOW TO USE - Press the ends of the sneaker guard before inserting and insert into the end of the shoe, cutting to size if necessary. Keep the guards in your Sneaker while you wear them.
- CREP PROTECT - Crep Protect has become the world’s fastest growing sneaker care brand, constantly bringing the most innovative products to the market. WEARESNEAKERS and know absolutely how to protect and care for them.
- ❤ Kids Shoes Stretchers -It is a great gifts for teen girls,teen boys,kids,son,daughter,niece,nephew,children, best christmas gifts for kids, Holiday Gifts, Birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year,Back to School Supplies back to school supplies kindergarten back to school supplies kindergarten girls back to school supplies kindergarten boysback to school supplies for girls back to school supplies for girls cute etc.
- ❤ Shoe stretchers for wide length feet suitable for 7-15 years old children，pink design high heel shoe stretcher is made of tough polyurethane plastic & premium steel shaft.
- ❤Just insert the shoe stretchers into the shoes, and then turn the knob clockwise to begin stretching the shoe. Leave the shoe stretchers in overnight, or for 24-48 hours. The longer the shoe stretcher is inside, the more your shoes will stretch.
- ❤Shoe stretcher width can slove shoes too small, squeeze feet, grinding feet and other .Protect child's feet from hurt.
- ❤The professional shoe stretcher men fit sandals,flats,casual shoes,canvas shoes,sports shoes and peep shoes.
- Quantity: 12 pairs of shoes creases protectors of black, white, gray, and yellow, 3 pairs for each, and it is very sufficient to serve your daily use for a very long time
- How to use: take out your shoe inserts first, and put our shoe creases protectors in the front of your sneakers so as to flat the previous creases, and they could maintain the flatness of shoe surfaces in order to maintain the shoes' service life
- Designs: with reserved air holes to keep your shoes dry, and reserved anti-slip points make your walking steadily, and the grooves left is for you to trim and make them fit the size of your shoes, our shoe creases protectors are well-designed, durable, washable and reusable
- Material and size: made of environmentally-friendly TPE, our shoe creases protectors are soft and light and durable; each one with a thickness of about 1.5 mm and a length of about 14.5 cm/5.7 inches, suitable for most sneakers
- Application: our black and gray shoes creases protectors are suitable for men's shoes with the size from 7 to 12, and the white and yellow ones fit for women's shoes with the size from 5 to 8
- ··★LASTING COMFORT - arch support improves foot and leg alignment, enhances comfort, and helps ease stress and uncomfortable caused by flat feet (Pronation), bunions, arthritis,good for Plantar Fasciitis (heel pain & heel spurs), Achilles Tendonitis
- ··★DEEP HEEL CUP- to maintain correct foot positioning.protects your heel during the heavy impact of landing during walking or running and stabilizes the foot.
- ··★PREMIUM EVA MATERIAL - It is excellent for shock absorption and foot fatigue,The fabric also helps keep your feel cool
- ··★DESIGNED FOR EVERYDAY USE - Provides moderate control and support in walking or casual hiking shoes, work shoes and boots.Comfort and cushioning for all types of leisure or everyday footwear
- ··★RISK FREE - IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH OUR INSOLES ,PLEASE BE SURE TO CONTACT WALKHERO CUSTOMER SERVICE WITH YOUR ORDER NUMBER BEFORE YOU COMPLAIN OUR RETURN POLICY ,WE WILL OFFER A REASONABLE AND ACCEPTABLE SOLUTION TO MAKE IT UP FOR YOU FRIENDLY REMINDER: WalkHero insoles are packed in resealable ziplock bag, Free to open and seal, please kindly keep the package intact before return. To avoid Amazon refuse your return request due to packaging damage, Please DO NOT use scissors to open it
- PREVENT SHOES CREASE- Anyone looking to prevent creases in their shoes will love these crease preventing soft material shoe crease protector. Simply place in shoe and enjoy the new look of your shoes. Shoe crease protector will extend the lifespan and improve the appearance of your sneakers.
- Made of durable EVA material, washable, breathable and shock proof. Soft foam material fits in the toe box of shoes.
- Each crease protectors includes two adhesive strips on top for easy placement in the toe box, and they are designed to stay in place during movement.
- Easy to Use- Compatible with most shoes, can be tailored, compatible with Jordans, Air Force 1's, Dunks, and more. The true foot size for the best fit. If some shoes are not completely suitable, you can also adjust them according to your needs.
- Do not use it during exercise. If your shoes are tight and not loose, it is not recommended to use it in this way.
- ANTI-WRINKLE DESIGN: Comfowner shoe crease protectors are made from durable EVA, which will provide great support protection to toe box and make shoe in good shape.
- BREATHABLE: 21 venting holes design to keep your shoes breathable and dry, not stuffy when wearing.
- ANTI-SLIP DESIGN: There have 4 pieces double-sided adhesives come with the package ( each piece have 4 stripes). you can put two stripes double-sided adhesives on each crease protector before you put them into your shoes to make it stuck to the top of shoe firmly.
- TRIM PER YOUR NEED: As the crease protectors are EVA material which can be trimmed, you can trim it per you need to make it more suitable to your shoe/foot size.
- WIDE APPLICATION: You can not only use it on your brand new shoes, but also can use it on your old shoes which have creases to give them new life, make them seems bright and good appearance.