People use various different types of remedies for cleaning their dirty shoes. One of the most commonly used remedies is to wash your shoes in a washing machine. However, many of us wonder if it is okay to wash the shoe insoles in a washing machine too or not. The reason behind this thinking is that shoe insoles are a relatively delicate part of your shoes so people get afraid of experimenting around with them. Moreover, shoe insoles are supposed to give you comfort when you wear your shoes for all day long. Therefore, you do not want them to hurt your feet when they are not treated well.
This is exactly why this question echoes in our minds whenever we think of washing our shoes in a washing machine that whether we should wash the shoe insoles too in the same manner or not. But now you do not need to worry about this confusion anymore because in this article, we are going to have a detailed discussion on this topic.
The answer to this very common question is both Yes and No and now we are going to explain why is it so.
Look for the Cleaning Instructions of your Shoes
All types of shoes are not designed to be washed in washing machines. And if you try to wash shoes that cannot bear the toughness of a washing machine, then you may end up damaging your shoes. Therefore, the first thing you need to do is to read the cleaning instructions of your shoes. The manufacturers explicitly mention which types of shoe insoles are to be washed in a washing machine and which are not. If your insoles can be washed in a washing machine, then there is no harm in washing them along with your clothes in a washing machine.
Once you have washed your insoles in a washing machine, put them in a dryer to remove the excessively absorbed water. Finally, let them dry in the sunlight after which they will be all set to be put back into your shoes. In case your insoles are harmed during the process, you can look out for the new ones in our review here. To avoid any harm, always check if the instructions forbid you to wash your shoe insoles in a washing machine. If yes, then you need to look for some other workaround.
What other Methods are Available for Cleaning Shoe Insoles?
Even if your shoe insoles cannot be washed in a washing machine, there still are multiple different tips available that can be used for cleaning your shoe insoles. These tips are discussed below:
Tip 1. Make Use of Soap Solution
First of all, you need to remove the shoe insoles from your shoes. Now mix some liquid soap in warm water. After that, dip a brush into this soap solution and start scrubbing your shoe insoles with it. You can dip the brush in this solution for as many times as you need and keep scrubbing the shoe insoles until you get rid of all the stains. Finally, let your shoe insoles to dry up completely in sunlight.
Tip 2. Take Help from Baking Soda
This method is particularly used to remove the bad odor of the shoe insoles. All you have to do is to take a zip lock bag and fill it up with some baking soda. Now put your insoles into that bag and leave them as it is for overnight. In the morning, take out your insoles from that bag and dust away all the excess baking soda and you will notice that all the unpleasant odor is gone.
Tip 3. Use a Mixture of Vinegar and Water
Mix equal parts of vinegar and water in a bowl and submerge your shoe insoles into this mixture. Let them stay in this mixture for a few hours. After that rinse your shoe insoles nicely with cold water. Finally, let your shoe insoles to dry in sunlight after which you can conveniently put them back into your shoes.
Tip 4. Use a Mixture of Alcohol and Water
This method is also used for disinfecting your shoe insoles and getting rid of all the bad odor. Mix equal parts of alcohol and water and pour this mixture into a spray bottle. Shake it well to give it a good mix. Now spray this mixture directly on to your insoles. After doing that, let your insoles to dry in sunlight. Once they have dried well, you can simply put them back into your shoes.
Washing the shoe insoles in a washing machine is not the only solution for cleaning your shoe insoles. There are multiple other ways too with which you can make your insoles look nice and pleasant. However, you should always take good care in the first place so that you need not to clean your insoles that often. You should always dry up your feet well before putting your shoes on. Moreover, you can also dust some talcum powder into your shoes before wearing them. This will prevent your feet from sweating and stinging and hence will also enable your insoles to stay clean and fresh.
- Designed for people who work on hard surfaces all day and experience discomfort and fatigue in their feet and legs
- Built with massaging gel technology and extra cushioning to provide all-day shock absorption, they help you stay energized while you work
- Great arch-support - Firm columns provide contoured support to overworked arch area
- Fits work boots/shoes, casual shoes and sneakers. Trim to fit shoe size
- 【HIGH ARCH SUPPORT INSOLES】premium podiatrist-recommended sole shoe inserts for men and women minimize arch pain and offer excellent comfort. EASYFEET shoe insoles provide plantar fasciitis - high arch - flat feet - pronation - back - ankle - knee - neck - lower back - joint - posture - heel spurs - metatarsalgia - shin splints - bunions - Morton's neuroma support and pain relief
- 【ANY AGE / FOOTWEAR/ ACTIVITY】orthotic inserts for men and women fit all orthopedic - athletic - casual - workout - sports - hiking - basketball - tennis - snowboard - ski - golf - gym - walking shoes or work boots. Best insoles for walking - running - standing - cross-training. WARNING: you may feel foot pressure while 3-7 days of wearing. It's normal because your feet are not used to arch support. We strongly recommend starting from 2-3 hours a day and increase the time each day gradually
- 【FOOT PAIN RELIEF】EASYFEET insoles offer a superb level of arch support. Plantar Fasciitis Insoles provide a shock-absorbing effect because gel forefoot and air capsules enhance cushioning. Deep heel cradle with built-in heel support keeps foot bone vertical and balance to provide stability
- 【PREMIUM QUALITY】orthotics offer strong arch support made of hard TPU and cushioning layer with PU memory foam base. Heat and friction reducing velvety breathable cover provide a top-notch feet comfort. Adjustable size: insoles can be easily trimmed and adapted
- ▶【100% RISK-FREE PURCHASE】We guarantee customer satisfaction by ensuring the high-quality of our products, 1-year warranty and 90-day full refund (or replacement). We will take the insoles back even if they have already been trimmed! If you received a damaged item, please don't file a complaint, message us and we'll solve the problem! Click ‘Add to Cart’ for the best foot care now!
- ★LASTING COMFORT - arch support improves foot and leg alignment, enhances comfort, and helps ease stress and pain caused by flat feet (Pronation), bunions, arthritis, and diabetes.provides relief from Plantar Fasciitis (heel pain & heel spurs), Achilles Tendonitis and also Ball of Foot pain
- ★DEEP HEEL CUP- to maintain correct foot positioning.protects your heel during the heavy impact of landing during walking or running and stabilizes the foot.
- ★PREMIUM EVA MATERIAL - It is excellent for shock absorption and pain relief. The fabric also helps keep your feel cool
- ★DESIGNED FOR EVERYDAY USE - Provides moderate control and support in walking or casual hiking shoes, work shoes and boots.Comfort and cushioning for all types of leisure or everyday footwear
- ★RISK FREE - IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH OUR INSOLES ,PLEASE BE SURE TO CONTACT WALKHERO CUSTOMER SERVICE WITH YOUR ORDER NUMBER BEFORE YOU COMPLAIN OUR RETURN POLICY ,WE WILL OFFER A REASONABLE AND ACCEPTABLE SOLUTION TO MAKE IT UP FOR YOU ▶FRIENDLY REMINDER: WalkHero insoles are packed in resealable ziplock bag, Free to open and seal, please kindly keep the package intact before return. To avoid Amazon refuse your return request due to packaging damage, Please DO NOT use scissors to open it◀
- Full-Length Fit: High-profile, high-volume Superfeet insoles are designed to fill the length and width of your shoe for maximum support, simply trim the arch-support inserts to fit your shoes
- Stabilizer Cap: Our specialized insoles for men and women feature a base-layer stabilizer cap designed to support the rearfoot and provide additional structure and stability to the foam layer
- Deep Heel Cup: Equipped with the widest, deepest of heel cups for heel pain, these high-arch insoles for men and women offer maximum support and assist with natural shock absorption
- Superfeet Shape: The high-profile, special orthotic shape of our arch-support shoe inserts helps stabilize and support the foot, which can help reduce stress on the feet, ankles, and knees
- High Density Foam: The closed-cell foam layer in these arch-support insoles for women and men supports and cushions the foot for durable, long-lasting comfort.
- Sof Sole insoles with Skydex air bubbles in the heel and arch to help absorb impact
- Gel in forefoot provides maximum cushioning
- COOLMAX fabric top cover wicks away moisture so feet feel cool and dry
- Perfect for athletic shoes
- Ideal for running, cross training, walking
- Color: Mainly black. Material: Durable and soft rubber.
- Featured air cushion function, makes them comfortable to wear.
- Can effectively prevent your foot soles slipping inside your shoes.
- Tailorable, Can be cropped to fit the size of your feet.
- One siez fit on U.S Men and women's size 4-9.5.