People use various different types of remedies for cleaning their dirty shoes. One of the most commonly used remedies is to wash your shoes in a washing machine.
However, many of us wonder if it is okay to wash the shoe insoles in a washing machine too or not. The reason behind this thinking is that shoe insoles are a relatively delicate part of your shoes so people get afraid of experimenting around with them.
Moreover, shoe insoles are supposed to give you comfort when you wear your shoes all day long. Therefore, you do not want them to hurt your feet when they are not treated well.
This is exactly why this question echoes in our minds whenever we think of washing our shoes in a washing machine and whether we should wash the shoe insoles too in the same manner or not. But now you do not need to worry about this confusion anymore because, in this article, we are going to have a detailed discussion on this topic.
The answer to this very common question is both Yes and No and now we are going to explain why is it so.
Look for the Cleaning Instructions of your Shoes
All types of shoes are not designed to be washed in washing machines. And if you try to wash shoes that cannot bear the toughness of a washing machine, then you may end up damaging your shoes. Therefore, the first thing you need to do is to read the cleaning instructions of your shoes.
The manufacturers explicitly mention which types of shoe insoles are to be washed in a washing machine and which are not. If your insoles can be washed in a washing machine, then there is no harm in washing them along with your clothes in a washing machine.
Once you have washed your insoles in a washing machine, put them in a dryer to remove the excessively absorbed water. Finally, let them dry in the sunlight after which they will be all set to be put back into your shoes.
In case your insoles are harmed during the process, you can look out for the new ones in our review here. To avoid any harm, always check if the instructions forbid you to wash your shoe insoles in a washing machine. If yes, then you need to look for some other workaround.
What other Methods are Available for Cleaning Shoe Insoles?
Even if your shoe insoles cannot be washed in a washing machine, there still are multiple different tips available that can be used for cleaning your shoe insoles. These tips are discussed below:
Tip 1. Make Use of Soap Solution
First of all, you need to remove the shoe insoles from your shoes. Now mix some liquid soap in warm water. After that, dip a brush into this soap solution and start scrubbing your shoe insoles with it.
You can dip the brush in this solution for as many times as you need and keep scrubbing the shoe insoles until you get rid of all the stains. Finally, let your shoe insoles to dry up completely in sunlight.
Tip 2. Take Help from Baking Soda
This method is particularly used to remove the bad odor of the shoe insoles. All you have to do is to take a zip lock bag and fill it up with some baking soda. Now put your insoles into that bag and leave them as it is for overnight.
In the morning, take out your insoles from that bag and dust away all the excess baking soda and you will notice that all the unpleasant odor is gone.
Tip 3. Use a Mixture of Vinegar and Water
Mix equal parts of vinegar and water in a bowl and submerge your shoe insoles into this mixture. Let them stay in this mixture for a few hours. After that rinse your shoe insoles nicely with cold water.
Finally, let your shoe insoles to dry in sunlight after which you can conveniently put them back into your shoes.
Tip 4. Use a Mixture of Alcohol and Water
This method is also used for disinfecting your shoe insoles and getting rid of all the bad odor. Mix equal parts of alcohol and water and pour this mixture into a spray bottle.
Shake it well to give it a good mix. Now spray this mixture directly onto your insoles. After doing that, let your insoles to dry in the sunlight. Once they have dried well, you can simply put them back into your shoes.
Washing the shoe insoles in a washing machine is not the only solution for cleaning your shoe insoles. There are multiple other ways too with which you can make your insoles look nice and pleasant. However, you should always take good care in the first place so that you do need not to clean your insoles that often.
You should always dry up your feet well before putting your shoes on. Moreover, you can also dust some talcum powder into your shoes before wearing them. This will prevent your feet from sweating and stinging and hence will also enable your insoles to stay clean and fresh.
- Clinically proven to provide all-day superior comfort. Specially designed for men and women with hard-working feet
- Eliminates tired achy feet & legs, which can occur from working or standing on your feet all day, so that you can stay energized. Distributes foot pressure when you're on your feet all day to reduce stress and strain on muscles and joints
- Using our patented best gel wave technology with the only extended massaging gel cushioning to reduce impacts & shock to muscles & joints that occurs when working on hard surfaces
- Adaptive and responsive cushioning provides energy return to keep you productive and comfortable
- Provides odor control & keeps you feeling fresh. Use as a replacement for your original shoe insoles, or an added layer of comfort & cushioning. Customize comfortable and lightweight insole to your desired size and shape by triming guidelines easily
- PLANTAR FASCIITIS INSOLES: EASYFEET Black is the premium model of arch support orthotic shoe insoles. Designed for men and women with arch and heel pain to make their daily activity more comfortable. Special anatomy shape of the insoles enables proper arch support and distributes weight evenly. Feel the lightness at each step and simply allow you to stay on your feet longer
- OVER 46% OF SHOCK ABSORPTION RATIO: Our plantar fasciitis insoles for men and women are made from combination of strong arch and the forefoot and heel shock absorption pads for more strength to make more comfort during daily activities. The deep heel cup is accompanying more foot fixation and stabilisation to made a proper alignment of feet
- MULTI-PURPOSE ARCH SUPPORT INSOLES: Our insoles offer a number of benefits, including better shock absorption, increased comfort, improved heel fixation and stability. Anyone who experiences foot pain from plantar fasciitis could find a solution in EASYFEET Black insoles. This includes people in any age or professions, athletes, hikers, and anyone who stands or walks for long periods of time throughout the day
- GET MORE COMFORT IN DAILY ACTIVITY: Our plantar fasciitis insoles for men and women fit all sports, casual shoes or work boots. The breathable materials for air circulation and quick moisture absorbing keeps your foot dry and fresh to make the outdoor activities more comfortable. Black model with more than 62% of energy return ratio is a comfortable solution for people with an active lifestyle and professions that require standing all-day
- PLEASE CAREFULLY CHECK THE SIZE DETAILS BEFORE YOU PROCEED TO PAYMENT: Customer needs are the highest priority for us. We ensure the high quality of our products. We will take the insoles back even if they have already been trimmed! If you’ve received a damaged item, please message us and we'll solve the problem! Click “Add to Cart” for the best foot care now
- Trim to Fit: Superfeet insoles are made to be trimmed to fit your shoes and boots; follow cutting instructions before use, and if you're between sizes, size up and trim down to fit.
- High Arch Support Insoles for Women & Men: Deep heel cup works with your body's natural cushioning for maximum support.
- Premium Arch Support Insoles: Sculpted heel cup cradles the heel to maximize natural shock absorption; designed for roomy footwear.
- Superfeet Insoles for Odor Control: Moisturewick top cover helps reduce odors and keeps feet fresh; high density closed-cell foam supports the whole foot.
- Formerly Known as Superfeet GREEN: All-Purpose Support High Arch (Green) insoles are the same great arch support insoles you love, now with a new name.
- Sof Sole insoles with Skydex air bubbles in the heel and arch to help absorb impact
- Gel in forefoot provides maximum cushioning
- COOLMAX fabric top cover wicks away moisture so feet feel cool and dry
- Perfect for athletic shoes
- Ideal for running, cross training, walking
- Color: Mainly black. Material: Durable and soft PVC.
- Featured air cushion function, makes them comfortable to wear.
- Can effectively prevent your foot soles slipping inside your shoes.
- Tailorable, can be cropped to fit the size of your feet.
- One size fit on U.S Men and women's size 4-9.5.