Top 12 Best Spray Paints for Shoes 2023 – Restore The Color of Your Shoes
Aren’t you exhausted with the color of your shoes? Perhaps you have an occasion to join in and unable to find the ideal shade to go with your outfit?
You can change the appearance of your shoes by figuring out how to spray paint them. It’s an extraordinary method to restore an old pair of shoes or get your ideal shading match.
Let’s face it – shoemakers simply don’t make the shade you need. Be that as it may, it is essential to use the right tools for this activity. There are various paints for various sorts of fabric.
Contingent upon the texture of your shoe, you’ll need to pick the spray paint. Picking an inappropriate kind of paint can fail to adhere, or breaking and stripping when dried. Canvas shoes can be spray painted yet acrylics with gesso are preferred.
Numerous paints appropriate for leather, vinyl, and plastic comes in a pressurized canned for simple application.
With spray paint, it is recommended to apply a few slight covers and ensure each coat dries between applications so it remains on for a more drawn out period.
You can utilize a sealant to secure your work. There is certifiably not a predetermined time to what extent will it remain however there are approaches to make it last longer as talked about above.
As we now know the basics, let us talk about the best spray paints.
Our Top Picks
1. Moneysworth & Best Brillo Color Spray – Best Spray Paint for Shoes
This spray paint is a decent decision. Its Brillo color spray is intended for use on leather, vinyl, and plastics. This settles on it a perfect decision for shoes, sandals, or boots produced using those materials. Name a color you need, and they have it.
With 51 colors to browse you can unleash your inner artist. There are metallic hues like gold, champagne, and silver; from neutral shades to energetic hues there’s certain to be one to suit. The pigment in the color should give great coverage and be adaptable, forestalling stripping, and chipping.
It’s likewise toluene-free. Brillo Color Sprays meet California VOC prerequisites.
On the disadvantage, a few people may complain that the item is less and you may need to buy more than one can.
Additionally, the shade is pigmented yet on the off chance that you need to totally change the shade of your shoe, you may require additional coats.
Definitively, the huge shading range makes everybody try these spray paints once.
- Prevent stains
- Easy to use
- Water repellant
- Less quantity
- Multiple coats
2. U.S. Art Supply – Best Spray Paint for Leather Shoes
These paints require some work to do. This set of acrylic airbrush paints for leather shoes not only includes a bottle of paint but also a container of airbrush cleaner and a thinner.
There’s additionally a helpful shading blending wheel so you can make a one of a kind look for your shoes. The paint comes in 12 primary and 12 secondary colors. All the hues originate from high-quality pigments for better coverage.
The paints are non-toxic and prepared to spray straight out of the container without being thinned down. Now you will think where the thinner comes to play?
Well, the paint is sufficiently thin to use out of the case yet a few people might need to thin somewhat more for the airbrush impact. They can blend in the thinner.
On the downside, you truly need to have the information about shading blending, how much more thinner to be included, etc.
Besides, purchasing these paints isn’t sufficient. You need to purchase a spray gun to spray paint these shades onto your shoes.
In short, aside from some work, these paints come in a set of 24 hues that you can blend and match to your longing.
- Highly pigment
- Customise color
- Know-how about color mixing
- Have to buy a spray gun
3. Angelus Leather Paint Set
This set of 12 hues are for use on leather shoes. Each container contains one ounce of acrylic paint in vibrant or neutral shades.
You can select from dark, brown, white or red, or switch things up with lilac, turquoise, orange, pink or yellow. They have pearlescent and neon hues also.
The paint is adaptable, so once applied, it shouldn’t strip, blur, break, or rubbed off. It’s a water-based acrylic making it simple to tidy up and use.
You can apply this paint with brushes, wipes, spray painting, and airbrush techniques. You can utilize it to cover scrapes and scratches on joggers, shoes, and boots, or use it to change the shading totally.
This set is likewise a decent decision for altering any shoes.
In the event that you are spray painting, make sure to clean the surface, apply masking tape at the edges, and expel the laces for a perfect result.
On the drawback, you must be prepared to apply a few layers of this paint as it shows up it’s a little on the thin side.
It could take a day or so to dry and get great coverage when covering all up a couple of shoes or boots. Convincingly, You can be as inventive as you need, designing and applying shading to get a one of a kind look.
- Won’t strip
- Wide range of colors
- Flexible paint
- A little thin
4. TRG Super Colour Spray – Best Universal Colour Spray
TRG Super color spray has improved formula and is appropriate for vinyl, plastic, leather. This makes this item so flexible and ideal for actually everything… the list is unending.
Uniquely figured color spray used to upgrade or change the shade of leather/vinyl upholstery and extras. It gives another life to all things which have suffered from use or have gotten unfashionable in color.
It is prescribed to clean the leather surface completely to guarantee great adhesion of the colorant. Permit to dry.
Shower a light layer of Spray Dye (maintain a strategic distance from over-spraying) in short blasts – a good ways off of 40cm. This will guarantee even coverage. Permit spray to dry, at that point shower a subsequent light coat for an ideal completion.
Continuously allow it to dry totally before utilizing the painted shoe. On sensitive leathers, consistently spray first on an area, to ensure the outcome is agreeable.
On the downside, it sets aside a great deal of effort to dry. Furthermore, in the event that you apply such a large number of coats, it gets tacky at last and pulls in dust, etc.
In short, once you have build up the coats in the right way, the outcomes will be satisfactory.
- Good coverage
- Easy to use
- Improved formula
- Takes time to dry
- Gets tacky
5. Crafts 4 All Fabric Paints – Safe To Use
Crafts4 All presents to us a set of 24 shades of 3D texture paint for shoes. You can choose between shades of blue, yellow, orange, pink, black, and others.
You can likewise utilize the paint as you would any acrylic paint for a 2D impact utilizing brushes or by spray painting. The paints can likewise be mixed, empowering you to make your one of a kind hues.
The conclusive outcome will be durable and won’t split or strip.
All the paints are scentless and non-toxic, so you don’t get any of the frightful impacts of this colorless, odorous fluid that is frequently added to spray paint making them a sheltered choice for everyone. Even kids can play around.
On the drawback, these paints probably won’t be reasonable for a bigger paint venture like boots. It appears the bottles are very little.
The paints additionally evaporate rapidly once opened, so make certain to screw the container top back on firmly after use.
- 3D painting effect
- Little bottles
- Paints evaporate fast
Definitively, With a decision of 24 hues, you have all you need to begin customizing your shoes right now.
- What kind of paint can you use on shoes?
- What do you spray on shoes after painting them?
- How do you keep acrylic paint from cracking on shoes?
- Can I paint leather shoes with acrylic paint?
- How do I protect my shoes after painting?
Take a look at some other interesting choices available on today’s market:
- Use on Leather, Plastic, & Vinyl.
- Perfect for Handbags, Shoes, Belts, & Luggage!
- Extremely Easy DIY Application!
- Made in USA!
- Net Wt. 4.5oz.
- Leather, Vinyl and Plastic paint for auto interiors
- Preserves the supple feel you want when you paint vinyl
- Creates a molecular bond to seal in color
- Won’t flake, crack or peel
- Bonds in 10 minutes; OEM specified
- Krylon COLORmaxx METALLIC GOLD
- Ideal for use on car seats, car door panels, vinyl car tops, dashboards, floor mats and more
- Provides excellent adhesion that won't rub off, crack or peel
- Dries to the touch in as little as 10 minutes and covers up to 12 sq ft
- Any-angle spray technology with comfort tip for easy project completion
- Restores color on vinyl, simulated leather and some fabrics with a flat sheen
- Krylon Crystal Clear Coatings Graphic Arts Matte Finish
- 18 METALLIC COLORS WITH STENCILS: Shuttle Art fabric paint set contains 18 metallic colors soft fabric paint in bottles (60ml/2oz), 3 brushes, 1 palette and 18 patterns sticker stencils, perfect for various textile paintings and art crafts.
- PERMANENT & WASHER SAFE: Easy to blend and cover, stay permanent and won’t crack or peel, durable enough to hold up extensive wear and repeated washes in the washing machine and dryer. Shuttle Art clothing paints are also ready to use, do not need extra textile medium or heating.
- MULTIPLE PURPOSES: Premium textile paint with bright colors performs well on both light and deep color fabrics, applicable for both synthetic and natural fibers, ideal for T-shirts, jeans, bags, shoes, caps, pillowcases and other DIY projects and crafting.
- NON-TOXIC & CERTIFICATED: Conforms to U.S. ASTM D-4236 & EN71-3, non-toxic and acid-free, safe and suitable for all ages.
- SERVICE GUARANTEE: Your satisfaction is our top priority, please rest assured to purchase our products. If you are not satisfied with our products or have any questions, please feel free to contact us at any time.
- Color: Earth Brown
- Provides camouflage with any nature background
- Inhibits rust when applied for enhanced durablity and long-lasting finish
- Water-resistant finish forms tough bond that withstands harsh weather environments
- Protects wood and metal from the elements
- Due to the advanced formula, it is suitable for vinyl and plastic. Thus making this product so versatile and perfect for car interiors, plastic panels, door cards, door handles, trims, dashboards, gaitors, hand brakes... the list is endless
- Specially formulated dye spray used to enhance or change the colour of leather/vinyl upholstery and accessories. Gives a new life to all leather/vinyl based items which have suffered from use or have become unfashionable in colour. Comes in many colors - choose best match using the colour pallete
- Clean the leather surface thoroughly with leather cleaner in order to ensure good adhesion of the colorant. Allow to dry. Spray a light coat of dye (avoid over-spraying) in short bursts - at a distance of 40cm. This will ensure even coverage
- Allow spray to dry, then spray a second light coat for a perfect finish.From time to time, a light coat of colour will maintain a perfect finish. Always allow to dry completely before using the sprayed article
- Firstly, clean leather with leaether leaner. Spray a light even coat of the matching.Avoid overspraying. Allow to dry and spray a second light and even coat if necessary. On large surfaces of leather: sofas, armchairs, etc ... spray in vertical and horizontal stripes, to ensure an even finish. On delicate leathers, always spray first on an inconspicuous area, to make sure the result is satisfactory
- Kit Contains: 1 oz. Bottles of 12 Primary Opaque Colors, 12 Secondary Opaque Colors, 1 Bottle of Airbrush Cleaner, 1 Bottle of Airbrush Reducer and Extender Base plus a Color Mixing Wheel
- Colors are ready to spray out of the bottle and have outstanding airbrush flow characteristics. Thinning is not required, but optional airbrush reducer is available.
- All colors are made with high quality light-fast pigments. Colors are non-toxic and meet ASTM D-4236 standards
- Our vibrant acrylic airbrush colors are designed for permanent results on most mixed-media & textile surfaces. Achieve beautiful results on paper, canvas, wood, fabric, leather, plastics, metals, ceramic and much more.
- U.S. Art Supply Airbrush Colors are ready to spray professional grade water-based acrylic airbrush colors that are available in opaque, transparent, pearlized and fluorescent color types
- Will not rub off.
- Repels water, soil and stains.
- New and improved formulation!
- The color should be spot tested in a small inconspicuous area before use.
- Brillo Color Sprays meet California VOC requirements.
Find out how to dye suede shoes in our quick guide. Also don’t miss our review of the best Rainbow sandals in 2023.