Many times you must have witnessed that the shoes that you wear most often or you use most roughly tend to get some toe holes in them. This makes your shoes look very old and you simply cannot wear them outside anymore. Mostly the runners experience this situation a lot. It happens due to several different reasons which are stated below:
- Your toes are slightly bigger than the normal ones.
- The friction between your toes and the toe box of your shoes causes holes to appear in your shoes.
- Your shoes have been used in extremely tough conditions or you have been using them for quite a long time now.
- The material of your shoes is not that durable or long-lasting.
- Your toenails are unreasonably longer.
Whatever is the reason behind these toe holes, the fact is that such toe holes make your shoes look tattered and ragged. Moreover, they also provide an additional room for dust, dirt, air, and water to pass through them hence making your shoes look even uglier. These toe holes might apparently seem irreparable but fortunately, there are some ways with the help of which you can fix these toe holes as well as you can also prevent them from appearing again in the future. Therefore, in this article, we are going to share with you some amazing tips for preventing toe holes in shoes.
In order to guard your shoes against toe holes, you can follow the tips mentioned below:
Tip1: Prefer the Shoes with Toe Whole Prevention Inserts
Try to buy shoes with toe hole prevention inserts. Moreover, if your shoes do not come with these inserts by default, then you can even take your shoes to a cobbler. He can simply apply patches inside your shoes to prevent them from toe holes.
Tip 2: Make use of Good Quality Shoe Conditioners
Use good quality shoe conditioners and apply them at least once a month to your shoes. This will strengthen the outer surface of your shoes and hence will increase their durability while preventing them against toe holes.
Tip 3: Look for Shoes with a Deeper Toe Box
Choose such shoes that have a deeper toe box especially if you have got bigger toes. This will allow more room for your toes to settle in your shoes. In this way, there will be lesser contact between your toes and the toe box of your shoes. That is how you will save your shoes from getting toe holes.
Tip 4: Keep your Toe Nails Trimmed
Trim your toenails regularly so that they cannot cause any harm to your shoes.
Tip 5: Use Good Quality Running Socks
Wear good quality running socks with such shoes so that they can act as a barrier between your toes and your shoes. Doing this will not only provide you with a great level of comfort while running but it will also make your shoes more long-lasting. To have a look at some of the best picks of heavy-duty socks, you may visit our article on the best 5 work socks. That will certainly be useful while purchasing!
Tip 6: Make Use of Toe Pads
Use toe pads for your bigger toes to avoid their contact with the toe box of your shoes. This will also save your toes from getting injured.
Tip 7: Get a Properly Fitted Shoe
Last but not least, make sure that your shoes fit in your feet perfectly. Getting a perfect sized shoe in itself is something very tricky. However, if you manage to achieve this goal, then you can surely prevent toe holes in your shoes even if you have got slightly bigger toes.
By taking care of all the precautionary measures described in this article, you can easily prevent toe holes in your shoes that make your shoes appear ugly. In this way, you will not only be satisfied and comfortable but will also be able to keep your shoes in a good condition for a longer period of time.
Check out these interesting products that can help you avoid toe holes on your shoes:
- Durable-Made of rugged Cordura fabric to help your shoes stand up to long-term wear and tear so that they don't have to.
- Made in Korea using high quality materials
- Easy to use- Just peel, insert, and stick.
- Suitable to be used in any part of the toebox where your blowouts occur most often.
- For use in sneakers or any soft front shoes.
- Real Pain Relief – Relieve painful corns, calluses, rubbing and chafing with foot callus cushions that help make it easier to walk, jog, move and stay on the go.
- Premium, Breathable Comfort – Made with a premium foam, these soft foot callus cushions cover hard skin to reduce shoe pressure and friction. These callus pads are approximately 1.4" x 1.4" with an interior hole measuring 0.625".
- Self-Stick Adhesive – Great for all day comfort and support, the self-sticking, waterproof adhesive keeps your callus cushions in place all day long.
- Ultra-Thin Fabric –Each callus cushion pad is made with soft foam that won’t keep you from wearing socks or your favorite pair of shoes.
- Multipurpose Foot Support – These foam callus cushions can be used daily for work, running errands, standing on your feet at home, or even fitness.
- Prevents holes in shoes
- Made from Ballistic Fabric used to make Body Armor
- Made for running shoes & athletic shoes to prevent the 2 most common types of holes
- Soft & Flexible
- Cushioned with durable cotton
- Reinforced toe for durability
- Spandex for a perfect fit
- 74% Cotton, 22% Polyester, 3% Nylon, 1% Spandex Exclusive of Ornamentation
- Soft, breathable sock that absorbs sweat
- Fits shoe sizes: 6-12.5
- Made with super soft cotton
- Full cushioned Foot
- AquaFX Moisture Control keeps feet dry and comfortable
- Smooth comfort toe seam and long lasting reinforced toe
- Locks in lotion, cream, and ointment; Helps facilitate the absorption of moisture into your skin for healthier feet; Includes 4 socks
- One size fits most; Added spandex ensures a comfortable and breathable fit for all foot sizes
- Helps heal your feet effortlessly; Promotes soft and smooth skin by absorbing lotion and cream into the foot
- Prevents lotion from staining your bedsheets; Helps repair dry, flaky and damaged feet by locking in the moisture
- Machine washable, durable and reusable; Made of 95 percent cotton and 5 percent spandex