They say all you need is a good pair of shoes and you can conquer the world. Shoes can say much more about a person, their style, their personality, and their creativity than anything else. In fact, it won’t be wrong to say that they are the paint that fills your personality’s canvas.
So wouldn’t it be great if you could go an (easy) extra mile and make them stand out? There is! You can do that by treating your shoes as the canvas itself. Whether you’re looking to customize your shoes or giving life to an old fraying pair, shoe paint can go a long way. Let your inner artist out, discover your style, hide old patches, and paint yourself the perfect shoes.
We’re here to equip you with the perfect tools to do so. Here is a list of the best shoe paints you can buy, based on their price, quality, vibrancy, and longevity.
1. Liquitex Basics Acrylic Paint Set
Features: Acrylic, Water-based
Variety: 48 colours, Multiple opacities
Liquitex is a well-known name in the world of artists. They have been producing paints for decades now, mastering the craft life very few others have. In fact, they have invented the water-based acrylic paints that are so popular now.
These acrylic paints by Liquitex come in a set of 48 paints. You can use these paints, mix, and blend to come up with any shade you want. A mix of opaque, semi-opaque, and transparent, these water-based paints are available in all colors imaginable.
The paint tubes are 22 ml each. To make these paints, the pigment is mixed with very fine, grounded ceramic beads that give this paint a delicate dispersion and vibrant color. In addition to that, these paints stick very easily to a majority of surfaces. Hence they are well suited for shoes and fabric. The paints are of medium viscosity, which makes them very easy to blend and mix while giving a high-quality finished looking.
However, there may be complaints about this paint sometimes being clumpy and dried out. Additionally, sometimes the paint tubes aren’t filled to their full capacity.
If you are someone who wants a lot of options and variety (w.r.t to colors and blending), these paints will work great for you!
2. Neon Nights UV Paint
Features: Acrylic, Machine Washable, UV sensitive
Variety: Different sets with various colors ranges and opacities
Neon and glow-in-the-dark accessories are the “in” thing these days. Especially amongst the youngsters, neon is the one-way ticket to becoming trendy.
The Neon Nights UV paints help you do just that! You can find a variety of paint packages from Neon Nights, with a wide range of colors, opacity, and paint types. Most of these paints are acrylic and you can find paints, which are simply neon or are neon plus extra glow-in-the-dark.
The quality of the neon paints is so good, and the colors so rich, that they even seem to be glowing in normal light. These paints are extremely long-lasting as well, so you don’t have to worry about repainting your shoes for a long time. The paint is opaque, with a thick texture, which makes it more resistant to washing or wearing off. It’s even machine washable!
These paints however are a little expensive compared to the quantity of paint in the bottles. These can also only be used on textiles.
If you’re a youngster or someone going for the “trendy” look, you can be very creative with these paints.
3. Zeyar Paint Marker Pens
Features: Marker shaped, Oil-based, Water-resistant, Toxin Free
Variety: 18 different colors (normal, metallic, neon)
These marker pens by Zeyar Paints are some of the best quality paints out there. These paints are oil-based and made in a way that makes them dry very fast.
Their composition allows these paints to work and stick to a large variety of surfaces. In fact, these are some of the very few paints that can be used to paint rubber shoes. Additionally, these paints are completely water-resistant, as well as acid and toxic-free. This makes them extremely durable.
These paints come in 18 different colors, which in addition to all the normal colors, also include 3 metallic colors and 5 neon colors. The end result is when using these pens is an opaque finish. The best thing about these paints is that they come in the shape of markers.
This means it is very easy to draw or doodle or sketch as you have much more control as compared to painting with a paintbrush. The tip is medium-sized (25 mm) and good for writing as well as drawing.
However, it might take you a while to get a hang of the tip, as it might require some shaking up to get the paint flow consistent. You might also need to keep pressing the tip to get the paint out, which also makes it prone to getting damaged and leaking.
You will love these paints if you’re someone who is more comfortable drawing/writing rather than painting!
4. Crafts 4 All Fabric Paints
Features: Acrylic, 3D look, 3 free paintbrushes, Extra thin bottle opening
Variety: 24 different colors
Crafts 4 All gives you a set of paints in 24 different colors. This paint is 3D and can truly be used to give your shoes an entirely new look! In addition to creating a 3D look, these paints can also be used as simple 2D acrylic paints. What’s even better is that these paints come with 3 paintbrushes, which makes them so much more convenient.
These paints come in squeezable bottles that have very thin openings. This allows you to paint on your shoe directly from the bottle, using it as a pen/marker of sorts. These paints are also completely odorless and free of toxins, which make them very safe to use, even for small children. While these paints were originally made for fabrics, they can be used to paint on a variety of other surfaces as well, including leather and wood.
The best part of these paints, however, is not the colors or their texture, but the confidence that the company has in it. The paints come with a warranty of sorts because the company claims that they’ll replace the product if you are unsatisfied with it for any reason!
However, these bottles are very small and once opened, can dry up very quickly.
These paints are highly recommended if you are looking to work on a small project, for example, kids’ shoes or small patterns, etc.
5. Angelus Leather Paint Set
Features: Acrylic, Multiple surfaces including leather, Water-based
Variety: Multiple sets of 12 colors (original, neon, and pearlescent)
Leather shoes are some of the best ones most of us have and the ones which stay with us for the longest time. Unfortunately, most of the paints are fabric-only and can’t be used on leather.
This paint set by Angelus is created especially for leather. What makes this even more special is that Angelus is a company that has been making leather and footwear-related products for years. So these paints are specifically made for leather footwear.
These come in a set of 12 colors, an ounce of acrylic paint in each bottle. There are multiple sets available in this, with different color options. There is a kit with 12 neon colors, one with 12 original colors, and one with 6 neon and 6 pearlescent colors. It is water-based paint so it is easier to use and clean and once it dries, it doesn’t crack. It can also be used on multiple surfaces like fabric etc.
However, this paint is thin, so to get full coverage, you might need to do multiple coats, which will also make the entire thing more time-consuming.
But if you have some great leather shoes, which you’re really invested in, these paints are what you need to revive them!
- What paint works best on shoes?
- Does acrylic pain twork on shoes?
- What are the best shoes to customize?
- How can I permanently paint my shoes?
- What is the best paint for shoe soles?
Don’t miss some of these models available on today’s market:
- 18 VIBRANT COLORS WITH STENCILS: Shuttle Art fabric paint set contains 18 colors soft fabric paint in bottles (60ml/2oz), 3 brushes, 1 palette and 18 patterns sticker stencils, perfect for various textile paintings and art crafts.
- PERMANENT & WASHER SAFE: Easy to blend and cover, stay permanent and won’t crack or peel, durable enough to hold up extensive wear and repeated washes in the washing machine and dryer. Shuttle Art clothing paints are also ready to use, do not need extra textile medium or heating.
- MULTIPLE PURPOSES: Premium textile paint with bright colors performs well on both light and deep color fabrics, applicable for both synthetic and natural fibers, ideal for T-shirts, jeans, bags, shoes, caps, pillowcases and other DIY projects and crafting.
- NON-TOXIC & CERTIFICATED: Conforms to U.S. ASTM D-4236 & EN71-3, non-toxic and acid-free, safe and suitable for all ages.
- SERVICE GUARANTEE: Your satisfaction is our top priority, please rest assured to purchase our products. If you are not satisfied with our products or have any questions, please feel free to contact us at any time.
- 20 Unique Colors: A full rainbow of 20 unique eye-catching colors at your disposal. Crazy Colors fabric markers dry permanent and have rich vibrant pigments for intense colors on all fabrics and they resist fading from washing.
- Bullet and Chisel Tips: Professional artist quality double-ended fabric markers that provide fine detail lines and bullets, as well as broad chisel strokes. The fine bullet tip provides accurate line control for outlining, writing and sketching, and the chisel tip is great for broad writing, filling in, shading and blending.
- Fun, Safe and Easy to Use: They're completely kid safe, as they are non-toxic, fade proof, washerproof and conform to ASTM D4236 and EN71 certifications for art products. They are suitable for children 3 and above and have child safe breathable caps. Everyone loves our Crazy Colors fabric markers, because of their ease of use and the exceptional vibrant visual results they achieve with them.
- Unlimited Uses: Let your imagination run wild when using these fabric markers as you can decorate everything from T-shirts, clothing, shoes, bags, place-mats to baby items like bibs! Use them to show off your creative side and produce your own stunning artwork!
- We're so confident that you'll be delighted with our Super Markers that if you're not satisfied with them at anytime, we'll provide a full refund.
- DIY paint kit for sneakers
- Wearable art
- Arts and crafts
- DIY fun for the whole family
- Fashion accessories, toys, arts and crafts, diy
- Good coverage and a creamy texture
- Fast drying time allows you to layer paint quickly without muddying your colors
- Suitable for most surfaces including canvas, wood, MDF, leather, air-dried clay, plaster, cardboard, paper and some plastics
- 24 colors: Titanium White, Lemon Yellow, Medium Yellow, Yellow Ochre, Brilliant Red, Vermilion, Orange, Yellow Deep, Magenta, Crimson, Purple, Phthalo Blue, Phthalo Green, Viridian, Cerulean Blue, Deep Cyan, Sap Green, Monastral Green, Burnt Umber, Burnt Sienna, Raw Sienna, Lamp Black, Gold, Silver
- Acrylic Paint Set Contains 24 Vibrant Colors: This artist acrylic paint set comes with 24 assorted vibrant colors in 2 Ounce / 59ml bottles with a flip top conveniently.
- Great Lightfastness and Gloss Finish: These are thick and enamel acrylic paint and will glide smoothly onto canvas, paper, wood, ceramic, etc., and fast dry to a glossy finish.
- High-Quality Pigments: the creamy consistency and high pigments offer great covering power for large areas and fine details. Conforms to ASTM D-4236 and EN71. Acid-free, non-toxic, and suitable, safe for children.
- Great Mixability: the clarity and brilliance allow superb color mixing to provide a more extensive color palette of shades and tones.
- Versatile for most art and art techniques and suitable for most painting surfaces including Canvas, Paper, Wood, Fabric, Leather, Cardboard, MDF, and Crafts.
- BRIGHT DAY & NIGHT - Our glow in the dark outdoor paint can be seen day or night, indoors or outdoors, on most outdoor surfaces! Perfect for Halloween decor and more.
- 2-IN-1 - Not only does this neon paint glow in the dark, it works as both UV and black light paint for an even brighter, longer lasting glow. Crafts never looked so good!
- VIBRANT COLOR CHOICES - You'll get everything you need to create the ultimate masterpiece with this outdoor glow in the dark paint set. It comes with 8 super colorful 20mL bottles in all kinds of hues!
- PERFECT FOR CRAFTING - This glow in the dark acrylic paint can be used anytime, by everyone! Great for kids and adults alike, you can take your crafts to new heights of color and light. (Note: Not safe for use on skin.)
- GREAT FOR HALLOWEEN - Let your loved ones get in touch with their spooky side this Halloween with our UV glow paint. A wonderful gift for any creative boys and ghouls out there.