Timberland boots are made up of good quality leather. These boots are well-known for their durability, weather resistance, and comfort. People especially prefer to wear these boots during winters and the rainy season. Since these boots are considered best for rough usage, therefore, they are very likely to get extremely muddy and dirty. But because of the strength and reliability of these boots, people generally forget to maintain and clean their timberland boots.
However, once they do consider cleaning them, they find it really troublesome to do so because the boots have already taken in so much dirt that it seems extremely challenging to clean them. Nevertheless, vinegar is always considered as a very good remedy for fighting against the dirt that sticks to your boots. The reasons why vinegar is used for this purpose are because it is readily available, easy to use, and highly cost-effective. Moreover, it also does not cause any harm to your Timberland boots. Therefore, in this article, we will explain to you the method with the help of which you can clean Timberland boots with vinegar.
There are in fact two different methods that teach you how you can use vinegar for cleaning your Timberland boots. We are going to discuss both of these one by one below.
Method 1: Use a Mixture of White Vinegar and Water
- The first method is for the stains that are not that stubborn and can be removed with a little effort. For doing that, you will need to take a tablespoon of white vinegar and mix it in a cup full of water.
- Now soak a clean cotton cloth into this mixture and let it absorb the mixture.
- After that, start rubbing the stained parts of your Timberland boots gently with this cloth.
- Once you have done this, leave your boots to dry for a few minutes. If you want to dry your boots quickly, you can try boot dryers too. You can check out some of the best ones in our definitive review here.
- Finally, take a soft leather brush and rub your Timberland boots with it to remove any leftover stains.
Method 2: Use Vinegar in its Purest Form
- The other method is for the stains that require more rigorous cleaning. In order to clean your Timberland boots with that method, take out an old toothbrush and pour a few drops of pure vinegar on it. Note that the vinegar must not be diluted and its amount can be adjusted according to your requirement.
- Now start rubbing the tough stains off your Timberland boots with this vinegar-soaked toothbrush thoroughly in order to get rid of them.
- After doing this, leave your Timberland boots to dry up for a few minutes.
- Once your boots have dried well, use a soft leather cleaning brush to remove any leftover dust particles and your boots will be all set to be worn again.
Depending upon the stubbornness of your stains, you can easily decide which of the two methods described above do you prefer to use. Both of these methods work equally well. Therefore, all you have to do is to follow the steps correctly in order to clean your Timberland boots with vinegar.
Check out these products that can help you clean your Timberland shoes easily: