Shin splints, clinically known as tibial stress syndrome, is a painful condition that occurs in a lot of people due to the inflammation of the muscles and tendons surrounding the tibia (the bone between knee and heel).
This inflammation is a result of the continuous stress injury of the shin bone, tendons, and muscles that can affect anyone who pounds hard surfaces regularly such as athletes, runners, people practicing dance, aerobics, cardio, and gymnastics.
Low arches are another major factor putting stress on the lower leg muscles causing tenderness or burning pain along the inner shinbone.
Things you can do to prevent shin splints include stretching, avoiding continuous stress on feet, and changing your footwear, and using shin splint insoles.
For your convenience, I have compiled a list of top insoles for shin splints. This list includes insoles that ensure the proper fit, support, and biomechanics to give your feet the cushioning to absorb shock.
These factors help to increase the stability of feet and hence improving balance by giving proper support across the arches of your feet.
Top Picks of 2023
1. Boot Insoles by EASYFEET – Best Insole Overall
- Material: Hard TPU/cushioning layer with PU memory foam base
- Arch Support: Yes
- Shipping Weight: 6.4 ounces
- Dimensions: 3.5 x 1.4 x 10.4 inches
Ranking first on our list are the Boot Insoles by Easy Feet with whopping holistic features! These insoles are sanitized arch support insoles recommended by podiatrists to reduce arch pain and give you excellent relaxation and comfort.
These insoles are for all sizes and for all purposes i.e. workout, hiking, running, dancing, work, casual, and really anything!
With a shipping weight of 6.4 ounces and dimensions of 3.5 x 1.4 x 10.4 inches, these insoles come with good cushioning provided with air capsules and the deep heel cradle with heel support allowing good posture for your feet and hence improving balance i.e. stability.
The manufacturer also provides a one year guarantee to replace or refund the shoe inserts to ensure your satisfaction.
Since I didn’t really use any arch support before, I started feeling some discomfort in the initial days of using these but I realized after some time that it was normal. The pain reduced and the insoles started feeling more comfortable.
With their Anti-Pronation Biomechanical Reinforcement Technology, these insoles provide an unparalleled level of arch support (made of quality HARD TPU and cushioning layer with PU memory foam base) with great shock resistance effect with the gel forefoot.
The insoles also can be adjusted by trimming to suit your size. These also have heat and friction minimizing smooth breathable cover to give high-quality comfort to your feet!
There is a slight discomfort at the beginning of the usage and it only lasts for a while and once you live through that it is a wonderful experience!
Overall, these shoe insoles are excellent value for money! They come packed with incredible features and give your feet the unmatched comfort and stability that they deserve by relieving shin splint pain!
2. Arch Support Inserts by Nazaroo – Best Quality
- Material: Polyurethane foam layer/Latex Base
- Arch Support: Yes
- Shipping Weight: 7.7 ounces
- Dimensions: 14.5 x 4.3 x 0.7 inches
The runner up shoe insoles on our list is the Arch Support Inserts by Nazaroo. These insoles are made up of a latex pad base that keeps the insole intact during physical exertion.
This layer is covered with a soft polyurethane foam that reduces the impact pressure from footing. The manufacturer provides a money-back guarantee as well!
With product dimensions of 14.5 x 4.3 x 0.7 inches and a shipping weight of 7.7 ounces, the insoles come with a breathable fabric to reduce sweat production and moisture to keep your feet and shoes refreshed.
To stop this, these insoles have a Three-Point Mechanical Design with Deep Heel Cup which allows your foot to stay aligned and provides support to all of the sole surfaces.
Boasting a medical-grade arch support design, these insoles from NAZAROO ensure the best possible alignment and stability to help you step with just the right pronation for better protection against and prevention of shin splints.
My Nazaroo Shoe Insoles came with a streamlined design which was sleek and lightweight. They managed to fit into most of my shoes (including casual, work, and running shoes) given the latex base which kept them from being displaced around my shoe.
Moreover, the built-in silicon cushioned heel support and the polyurethane foam layer instantly absorbs the impact of weight and pressure to keep my feet comfortable and relieved from pain. The arch support from the insoles distribute the pressure and minimize pressure points.
These shoe insoles have been extremely durable i.e. they have kept their shape without deteriorating for almost a year now! The only drawback I can possibly highlight with a plethora of good things is that it takes some time to adjust to these insoles.
The first two to three days are a little uncomfortable. All in all, they are made of a breathable fabric of top quality, added with a silicon pad for cushioning and great arch support.
3. Dr. Scholl’s RUNNING Insoles – Best Insole for Feet Support
- Material: Gel
- Arch Support: Yes
- Shipping Weight: 5.6 ounces
- Dimensions: 4.8 x 2.8 x 14.2 inches
Landing the 3rd position on this list are Dr. Scholl’s RUNNING Insoles which are specially designed for runners to avoid the inevitable pain from shin-splints but are also suitable for regular use to avoid discomfort.
With product dimensions of 4.8 x 2.8 x 14.2 inches and 5.6 ounces, these insoles come with Triple Zone Protection to minimize shock by 40% and aid support to feet and legs. Moreover, these have been infused with a special SweatMax technology which eliminates bad scents from feet. These insoles can be trimmed to fit shoe size and Dr. Scholl’s provides you with a “Money Back Guarantee” if the product doesn’t live up to your expectations.
My experience with Dr. Scholl’s Insoles has been incredible given that the package included a pair of replacement insoles! The gel material really absorbs the shocks and stops the impact from affecting the foot and the leg relieving my body of the intense pressure of weight.
This gel material really captures the waves of heel strike and stops its force from going through the limbs. My shoes really don’t smell anymore either!
However, the only drawback was that the initial few days were uncomfortable with the insoles but with time the deep heel cup and the ball of foot padding allowed better pressure distribution on my feet.
All in all, though, these insoles have been absolute saviors for my feet with their odor-neutralizing top to remain fresh and clean even after months of use.
4. Ninjas Arch Support Shoe Inserts by Samurai Insoles – Best Lightweight Insoles
- Material: PVA/Foam
- Arch Support: Yes
- Shipping Weight: N/A
- Dimensions: 6.69 x 2.36 x 0.79 inches
Ranking 4th and making it to our list by putting up quite a fight are the Ninjas Arch Support Shoe Inserts by Samurai Insoles. These insoles are specially designed by podiatrists in the USA for fatigued feet.
With product dimensions of 6.69 x 2.36 x 0.79 inches, these insoles are low-profile and light-weight insoles that can easily be fitted into your shoes! You don’t need to cut, trim or stuff these insoles inside your shoes since the manufacturer promises the insoles to be crafted with orthotic lab precision.
These insoles have been extremely durable and they don’t smell! They have been biomechanically designed for the ultimate comfort for feet and legs. The slim design of the insoles provides arch support that is not too aggressive.
They come for really amazing value for money as well. The Samurai insoles lay beneath the insoles I already have which gives an area of structural support to ensure proper support for my feet! I have felt great satisfaction with this product overall.
The only drawback that I encountered was that after a while the arch support minimizes and feet start aching a little. However, they have still proved durable!
Overall, these insoles are a great value for your money and the quality of comfort that they bring is absolutely amazing!
5. Dr. Scholl’s SPORT Insoles
- Material: Gel
- Arch Support: Yes
- Shipping Weight: 6.6 ounces
- Dimensions: 4.8 x 2.1 x 14.1 inches
The product cherry-topping our list of specially picked insoles is Dr. Scholl’s SPORT Insoles. These insoles have been specifically designed for people participating in physically engaging activities whereby these people experience muscular tensions and fatigue in feet and legs, ultimately leading to shin splints.
Dr. Scholl’s provides you with a “Money Back Guarantee” if you’re not satisfied. Now, that’s what I call customer care!
With a shipping weight of 6.6 ounces and product dimensions of 4.8 x 2.1 x 14.1 inches, Dr. Scholl’s Sport insoles are specially incorporated with a Massaging Gel Technology that minimizes the stress on the lower body joints, hence allowing extra moving time. These insoles provide great support and hence improved balance and stability via the Flexible Arch Shell.
Personally, these insoles fit all my athletic wear be it my running shoes, court shoes, cross trainers, or even my sneakers.
The best part is that they can be easily trimmed to fit shoe sizes. These insoles were able to sufficiently reduce the muscle stress in my feet, knees, and legs by absorbing shock.
Moreover, I felt a great relief in my lower back fatigue as well. They promise a very durable construction that exhibits itself in the rigorous activities that one undergoes.
They are able to endure the impact and forces pushed onto my feet, thanks to the Massaging Gel composition allowing a comfortable and bouncy feel on the forefoot and heel of the insole.
Lastly, Activperform Technology minimizes the lateral movements (causing instability in motion) that sometimes trigger shin-splints.
Even though they are specially designed for sports activities, these shoe insoles started to wear out little by little within a month. And since my brother has larger feet than average, he experienced that the gel cushioning felt uncomfortable under his feet.
Other than these drawbacks, these insoles were pretty good for the price that they come for and also pretty comfortable depending on what shoe-size you are!
Don’t miss these insoles available on the market:
- Sized to fit: no trimming required
- ActivPerform Technology - Reduces shock impact by 40 percent to protect feet and knees.We recommend replacing these insoles after 300-400 miles
- Size-Specific Arch - Optimal arch support provides precise motion control, helps maximize energy return and promotes your natural gait
- Energy Efficient Dual-Layer Cushioning - Optimizes energy throughout your run by distributing pressure from heel to toe
- Metatarsal Support Padding - Eliminates hot spots and numbness by alleviating nerve compression
- Exercise Smarter - SmartSole Exercise Insoles for plantar fasciitis relief features arch support and a deep heel cup with a medical-grade gel cushion. Anti-fatigue cushioning provides heel pain relief, and maximum comfort for your feet, legs & lower back.
- Improve Performance & Prevent Injury - Our uniquely designed built-up arch support makes SmartSole extremely effective insoles for plantar fasciitis, flat feet, and shin splints relief. Reduce fatigue and relieve pressure on your joints & back.
- All-Day Energizing Support & Cushioning - All-day comfort in medical-grade orthotic insoles that fit easily in your sneakers, shoes, and boots. Designed with shock-absorbing cushioning that stabilizes your foot and redistributes the impact.
- Comfortable & Cool – Our insoles for plantar fasciitis relief feature an advanced breathable fabric that reduces heat and friction keeping your feet healthy, cool, comfortable, and dry. Durable nylon base adds support for running, walking & standing.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - If you're not totally satisfied with SmartSole Insoles for plantar fasciitis relief, let us know & we'll gladly refund or replace. Don’t let plantar fasciitis, flat feet or shin splints hold you back from going the extra mile!
- 【Rigid Arch Support and Angled Heel】Arch support inserts provide a more rigid shell and angled heel post to assist in a greater arch support and overpronation correction. Neutral arches naturally pronate when walking and standing, which causes the feet and ankles to roll slightly inward, adding pressure on the big toe. The orthotic inserts for women and men is a trusted solution to improve foot function, decrease arch pain and help alleviate common foot conditions caused by over pronation.
- 【Foot Pain Relief】Plantar Fasciitis Insoles for women and men can support arches and enhance stability to reduce the foot pain caused by the overstretched plantar fascia, which is suitable to prevent plantar fasciitis and correct flat feet; deep U-shaped heel design can effectively wrap the heels, maintain the correct foot positioning, reduce the risk of ankle sprain during sports! Helps ease stress and pain caused by pronation, fallen arch, Achilles Tendonitis and other foot conditions.
- 【Premium Quality & Lasting Comfort】We promise long-lasting durability and support. Our orthotics for women and men are made from built-in firm shell with a memory foam top layer and high-grade EVA foam base. Heat and friction are reduced by the soft breathable top fabric. The shoe inserts are the best work boot insoles for men who are on their feet for much of the day. These are perfect insoles for women work shoes if required to walking or standing all day.
- 【Designed for Everyday Use】Choose the suitable size according to the size chart, properly cut the insole to suit your feet; First time orthotic insole users may need a transition period of wearing insoles only a few hours a day until feet are accustomed to all day support and stability. The high arch support insoles for women and men can be worn in a variety of shoe types such as running shoes, work shoes and boots, high volume dress shoes, hiking shoes.
- 【100% Satisfaction Guarantee】We strictly comply with Amazon's return policy and accept any returns for no reasons. If you received a damaged item, please don't file a complaint, message us and we'll solve the problem! Click ‘Add to Cart’ for the best foot care now!
- High-arch support orthotic insoles for men and women; improves footwear fit, cushioning, and comfort
- Assists in recovery from plantar fasciitis, knee, and lower back pain
- Reinforced support plate for the arch and heel to promotes excellent anatomical alignment; deep heel cup stabilizes foot throughout the walking or running gait
- Soft and supple support foam from heel to toe is custom calibrated for high arches, promoting a natural and smooth stride with each step
- Ideal for everyday support, or while walking running, hiking, and cross-training
- Shoe Inserts: Specifically designed for those experiencing heel or arch pain, our shoe insoles for men and women provide firm, structured support and foot pain relief
- Deep, Wide Heel Cup: Cushioning heel cups for heel pain cradle the soft tissue around the heel to enhance the body's natural shock absorption
- Versatile Wear: Our shoe inserts are designed to replace the removable factory insoles in casual, dress, and everyday shoes and boots
- Moisture-Wicking: Our orthotic insoles for women and men are engineered to control odor and minimize friction by wicking away moisture
- Shaped By Superfeet: Our foot insoles for women and men feature a legendary orthotic shape recognized worldwide for providing a supportive, energizing foundation
- ※FlAT FEET: Medical grade Orthotic Inserts For common foot pain, arch pain, heel pain, ankle Pain,plantar fasciitis and over Pronation.
- ※3CM ARCH SUPPORT: Rigid arch support distributes and minimize pressure in the foot .DEEP HEEL CRADLE keep the foot bone vertical enhancing stability.CUSHINOING EVA built in inserts for added shock absorption.
- ※ALL DAY COMFORT MATERIAL :Durable EVA foam base and multi-layer cushion provide long-lasting support and comfort while walking, running and hiking. The fabric also helps keep your feet cool by sucking up all the sweat and moisture produced by your feet.r feet cool by sucking up all the sweat and moisture produced by your feet.
- ※FIT MOST FOOTWEAR:Easily movable from shoe to shoe. For men and women, such as running shoes, work boots, sneakers, street shoes, slipper and so on.
- ※SIZE SELECTION AND QUALITY GURANTEE:Choose an insole based on your old insole and our insoles are cuttable. CONTACT US IF YOU NEED TO KNOW MORE.
- Engineered specifically for those looking to enhance their competitive edge
- These high-tech orthotics feature our exclusive ExoFoam Layer to promote high energy return
- Features our Signature Aetrex Arch Support to help biomechanically align your body & prevent overpronation. Also, helps prevent common foot conditions like Plantar Fasciitis, Arch Pain, Heel Pain, Metatarsalgia
- Aetrex offers a 30 day trial & free returns policy if you're not satisfied with the product
- Insole Thickness: .2165"