The right support for your feet is something of incredible importance and I cannot stress that enough. Without proper support, your feet would have the tendency to develop problematic conditions, ailments, and improper posture that ruins the alignment of your walk, and worse, pain in the legs and back. The biggest affected area would be the knee which is the biggest joint in your body. And for anyone who has ever had the misfortune to experience it, knee pain is the worst. It’s absolutely frustrating and inhibits you from tending to your day to day tasks.
A proper way to combat knee pain or potential knee problems is by using orthotic insoles. What these insoles do is that they absorb the shock from whenever your feet make contact with the ground, and they align them to maintain a proper form. This allows for good cushioning which greatly protects your knees and ankles from getting sore.
In this review, I’ve managed to amass the 5 best and most effective insoles that will provide your feet the proper cushioning and protect your knees from the pain. Because I am dedicated towards making sure all your footwear needs are properly taken care of, I had to test out entire legions of orthotic insoles on myself to finally come up with these 5. The good news is that every entry on this list is guaranteed to cushion your strides and keep your feet comfortable.
Read on and you will find the pair of insoles that will serve you best.
Best Choice Cushioning: Gel | Arch Support: High | Heel Cup: Yes Last Update on 2021-02-09 using Amazon Product Advertising API
1. WalkFit Platinum Arch Support Insoles
Cushioning: Gel | Arch Support: High | Heel Cup: Yes
Last Update on 2021-02-09 using Amazon Product Advertising API
The WalkFLit Platinum Orthotics come with 3 arch supports that can be customized to your own requirements. The types include low, medium, and high-level inserts. A specialized gel cushioning technology will absorb shock every time your feet strike the ground and this will dampen any pressure on your heels, knees, and other tendons of the feet.
WalkFit also incorporated a bio-lock heel cup design that has a curvature into the lower part, meant to keep the heel of the foot locked so you can stay tightly secure in your shoes. Depending upon what your personal foot size is, you can order these insoles. It’s great that there’s a multitude of options to choose from considering WalkFit offers these orthotic insoles in 11 different sizes for both men and women. I only think the one biggest complaint I could draw from this pair of insoles was the hard plastic material. If it were softer, the insoles would have been perfect. But the hard material sometimes adds a bit of fatigue if you have been standing for too long.
However, in terms of arch support and the way they align your feet, these insoles by WalkFit Platinum are top of the pack.
Premium Choice Cushioning: Silicone | Arch Support: Medium | Heel Cup: Yes Last Update on 2021-02-17 using Amazon Product Advertising API
2. Walk Hero Feet Insoles
Cushioning: Silicone | Arch Support: Medium | Heel Cup: Yes
Last Update on 2021-02-17 using Amazon Product Advertising API
These orthotic insoles by Walk Hero proclaim premium quality. First up, they provide alignment of the feet and are constructed ergonomically to enhance balance, support, and comfort to all kinds of feet. If you have neuropathy, these insoles will be very easy on your feet. The soles are even suitable for pronators, those with high blood sugar levels, and arthritis. Most of all, the use of in-built silicone provides powerful extra cushioning to the feet which can be very easy on your back and legs.
The fabric of the insoles has an innovative closed-cell foam texture that allows air to sift through the perforations and this, in turn, keeps them very cool. A deep heel cup is meant to lock your heel firmly in place so you can tend to your daily tasks for hours. These Walk Hero Feet insoles are also supremely useful for physical activities such as walking and running because they are so efficient at stabilizing the feet.
In terms of arch-support, I still feel like the insoles could be improved as might not cater to all kinds of arched feet. Ones with moderate arches would be best suited. But everything else about these top-notch orthotic insoles do a great job!
These insoles by EasyFeet do a wonderful job at providing arch-support and are especially useful for providing relief for overpronators, those with plantar fasciitis, and other foot problems. What makes these inserts stand out is the Anti Pronation Biomechanical Reinforcement Technology that allows full support to the arches which in turn will significantly reduce stress on various joints and ligaments of your foot.
The velvet fabric of the sole is friction-free and provides high-quality comfort. The polyurethane-composed cushioning material instantly absorbs shock and with the help of a deep heel cup secures your feet and takes away a lot of the load from your spine and knees.
Initially, the inserts may feel stiff and that could deter some users as it takes away the comfort. But over time I found them to soften up which enhanced the overall comfort of the inserts. All in all, these orthotic insoles by EasyFeet are more than worth the buck.
The Dark Horse Cushioning: High-Density EVA Foam | Arch Support: High | Heel Cup: Yes Last Update on 2021-02-09 using Amazon Product Advertising API
4. Physix Gear Sport Full Length Orthotic Inserts
The Dark Horse
Cushioning: High-Density EVA Foam | Arch Support: High | Heel Cup: Yes
Last Update on 2021-02-09 using Amazon Product Advertising API
And now we have Physix Gear which utilizes innovative and scientific design methods to provide ample arch support. Because of the way they’ve been made, especially the non-slip design mixed with the intelligent construction, the insoles are incredibly easy on those with tendonitis, back pain, plantar fasciitis, metatarsalgia related problems, and especially knee pain.
The insoles are composed of premium quality polyurethane material that features the patented Dual-layered high-performance EVA foam for comfort. A deep heel cup allows you to firmly position the heel and this secures your feet within the shoes you’re wearing. This especially helps with pronation and correcting the alignment of the feet. The best thing is, because Physix Gear specializes in sport-related excursions, these insoles are designed specifically to sustain long periods of extensive physical activity. That means you can wear them for just about anything and the durability will be long-lasting.
I found the inserts to be a little too wide at first so I had to cut them up to fit to the proper size of my running shoes. I wish that didn’t have to be the case because otherwise, these inserts are practically superb. But if I were to sum it up, very few insoles can utilize such precise ergonomics with such reliable durability.
Super Underrated Cushioning: Memory Foam | Arch Support: Low | Heel Cup: Yes Last Update on 2021-02-17 using Amazon Product Advertising API
5. SuperFeet GREEN Insoles
Cushioning: Memory Foam | Arch Support: Low | Heel Cup: Yes
Last Update on 2021-02-17 using Amazon Product Advertising API
The eye-catching GREEN insoles by SuperFeet is impressive because even though they are so minimalistic and simple in design, the smart construction allows for a lot of pain relief. Composed of synthetic, these soles come in two types. Namely, high volume and low volume which is the size of the insoles for the type of shoe you have.
In the rear foot is a memory foam layer that is supported with stabilizers and this provides a lot of natural arch support and balance to the lower side of your feet. A wide and comfortable deep heel cup further enhances stability and reduces pressure on the joints, ligaments, and knees.
A high density cushioning layer makes use of a closed-cell foam that is meant to absorb impact and subsequently reduce the load on the legs. I think the greatest drawback I could find with these was the lack of arch support. I mean it’s there but it could have been much better idealistically speaking. Still, if your purpose is to prevent yourself from experiencing pain in the knees, the GREEN insoles are going to more than do the job.
Check these models out:
- Prevents stress, strain and shock that can cause knee pain
- Helps protect knee cartilage and meniscus from shock and stress
- All day pain relief
- Designed to relieve pain: general knee pain, pain from osteoarthritis and Runner's knee
- Take more steps With less pain. Dr. Scholl's shock Guard reduces impact as you move, absorbs pain-inducing shock and helps transition weight and distribute pressure.
- MAXIMUM CUSHIONING: A durable EVA foam base and plush top layer, paired with our Variable Cushioning Technology, provide a dual layer of targeted and controlled cushioning, enhancing comfort in your shoes.
- SEMI-RIGID ARCH SUPPORT: Firm yet flexible arch support and deep heel cradle increase foot support and stability – providing greater motion control while walking or running.
- ANTI-MICROBIAL TOP FABRIC: Heat and friction reducing fabric helps feet stay cool, dry, and odor-free during strenuous activity – keeping your feet comfortable, healthier, and blister-free.
- FOOT PAIN PREVENTION AND RELIEF: These shoe insoles are the ideal orthotic for pain associated with plantar fasciitis, mild to moderate pronation, metatarsal pain, heel and arch discomfort, flat feet, sore and tired feet, and other common foot conditions.
- VERSATILE INSOLE: Supports all arch types – low, neutral, and high arches. The insole also fits a variety of shoe types with removable insoles – athletic, casual, dress, and work shoes or boots.
- [ Premium EVA Material ] - Shock Absorption Design. It is excellent for shock absorption and pain relief. Closed-cell foam supports and cushions the foot for long-lasting comfort.
- [ Three-point Mechanics Design ] - Featuring strong arch support, deep U heel cup, and metatarsal pad support massage relieve foot pressure and fatigue. Walkomfy Orthotic Insoles are perfect for helping to correct over-pronation (inward rolling of the ankle/foot), high arch, flat feet and fallen arches.
- [ Long-lasting Durability and Comfort ] - Length Othotic Insoles assist with the effective treatment and relief of Heel Pain, Heel Spurs, Plantar Fasciitis, Ball of Foot Pain, and Achilles Tendonitis.
- [ Provides Immediate And All-day Relief ] - Provides moderate control and support in walking or casual hiking shoes, work shoes and boots.Comfort and cushioning for all types of leisure or everyday footwear
- [ 100% Risk Free ] - If you are not satisfied with our insoles, please be sure to contact Walkomfy customer service with your order ID before you complain our return policy. We will offer a reasonable and acceptable solution to make it up for you!
- INDEPENDENT HEEL STABILIZERS - Adds extra structure and support, keeping the pain-relieving shape closer to the foot
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION - Superfeet insoles keep their shape, delivering reliable support and comfort for up to 12 months or 500 miles, whichever comes first
- THERAPEUTIC FOAM - Cushions and protects the foot while reducing friction & hot spots
- DEEP HEEL CUP AND SUPPORTIVE SHAPE - Minimizes repetitive stress
- EVOLYTE CARBON FIBER STABILIZER CAP - Responds to compression, springing back to its original shape
- Ultra slim design works in a wide range of shoe types
- 3/4 length with thin tapered edge
- Cushioning top layer
- Low, flat heel cradle to stabilize and protect the heel during landing
- Anti-microbial top fabric
- PROPRIETARY PATENTED DESIGN: Unique Biodynamic Balance inserts keep your arches from collapsing and correct the angle at which your foot hits the ground, relieving pain with every step
- DOCTOR-INVENTED Customizable ORTHOTICS: Superior to night splints, our orthotic inserts relieve pain while providing comfort and stability
- RELIEVES ALL KINDS OF PAIN: By putting the foot in the ideal position, they decrease painful arches, bunions, hammer toe, neuroma, tendonitis pain in the arch, and bone spurs
- CLINICALLY TESTED TO RELIEVE pain by putting your foot and body back into proper alignment, so it may take some time to adjust to wearing them, unlike flimsy, soft gel or foam inserts. To get the best results, initially wear the orthotics 1 hour the first day, 2-3 hours the second and so on, until you can wear them comfortably all day long. Be patient as your feet and body are adjusting to being in proper alignment. If you experience pain after 3-4 weeks, we recommend you consult your physician
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: comfortable, high-tech polymer guaranteed to last a lifetime, or your money back. Just message the manufacturer and we will refund you. Buying from an unauthorized 3rd party voids any and all manufacturer's warranty