Sandals are the trademark of summer footwear and in style since old ages from ordinary people to royalty. They must be breathable, and comfortable for your feet health. They are very common in many styles for different occasions and events. They are ranging from gladiator, flip flops, sling-backs, wedges, high heels, slides, flat sandals with embellishments and athlete sandals. All of them are having different fitting criteria and most people are unaware of this information.
So, they do not have a clear idea about the selection of properly fitted sandal that is very important to the health and comfort of your feet. In this article, we will give you some tips and useful information that can help you to purchase a well fitted new pair of sandal.
Do Correct Measurements for Well Fitted Sandals
Tip 1: Your feet size and shape get change as you grow and become older with the passage of time. As a result of relaxation and stretching occurs into your feet ligaments and soft tissues. So the best approach is to measure your feet twice a year.
Tip 2: Always purchase the right size sandals, not too big, not too small. Keep some space for the toe to move into them. Take one number big than your size for the comfort of feet for day-long outdoor activities. Because, as the day passes and night comes, your feet generally get swell. Also, not feet are of the same size, so go for the fitting of the larger foot.
Tip 3: While measuring your feet for the sandal fitting. Leave ½ inches at the start of the shoe from the toe to adjust longer and longest toe that is also known as Morton’s toe. Also, leave 1/8 inches at the end of the shoe from the heel. Otherwise, you can have wounds and blisters on the heel bone in case of strapped and closed sandals.
Tip 4: It is better to stand when you are measuring your feet and take the help of some person for exact measurement.
Tip 5: Measure your arch length starting from the heel to the ball of the foot. The ball of the foot is the place where your toe joints bend. This bend of the toe should match with the place where the shoe toe bends. Put on both sandals and rise up onto your toes. If the shoes will not bend according to the toes bend position then they are not a good fit.
Purchase a Right Size Sandal
Tip 1: It is better to go to the shoe store and try on the sandals by wearing them. Make sure the straps are well fitted on the toes and heels, but a little bit loose on the instep to keep room for swelling. Wear your sandals and walk in the store to ensure they are the best fit.
Tip 2: Always purchase well-heeled sandals like wedges. According to the American Podiatric Medical Association, APMA, women should wear no more than 3/4 inches. This association recommends well-heeled or wedged that have normally a suitable cushioning for the comfort of the feet.
Tip 3: While trying any type of sandal in the shoe store, break in the sandal by your hands. Place one of your hands under the toe and the other under the heel and stretch the footbed a few times. Then you will feel comfortable while wearing it. For strapped sandals, open all the straps, sit down on the couch and then wear on these sandals. Close all the straps gently by leaving enough space for proper fitting and freedom of your feet.
Tip 4: Wear on your new pair of sandals for less time for the first five or six times. In this way, your feet and body will get used to their shape. You will get contoured arch, strap and buckles support.
Tip 5: Mostly sandals are manufactured to give a nice look and feel but not comfortable to your feet. So, if they are not well fitted in the first try, do not purchase them immediately. In case you have to make a purchase online, and the size is not correct, you can use insoles specially designed with cushions and support for arcs. For high arch support, you may purchase one of the best 5 insoles after going through our 2023 review here. Similarly, if straps are problematic, there are many differently made sticky stripes in the market that you can use.
There are many styles of sandals with which you can go according to your needs. You can enjoy your shopping with the proper fitting guidelines given above. No matter, you are going on a walk, swimming, shopping, you can comfortably carry your sandals.
Now, you can take a look at some great models available right now:
- SUPERIOR QUALITY: The flat sandals are made with leather lining and suede upper and rubber sole with non-slip Lines. Even if your feet sweat, you won't slip out of your sandals which provides the most comfortable experience for your feet.
- FASHION TRENDS: Rekayla women shoes are new high-quality lace-up sandals, open toe design with a unique flannel strap make this shoe a relaxed fit with a refined look. These comfortable, minimalist and stylish sandals are a perfect addition to your closet.
- PREFECT FOR SUMMER: The sandal is a must-have item for the summer season.Anti-sliding, easy to carry. Ease foot pain, more suitable for long time walking.
- BEST MATCH TIPS: You can wear the fashionable flat sandals with all kinds of pants, skirts and dresses,perfect for beach, holiday, dress and many other occasions.
- Upper material: artificial leather + sequins
- Sole material: Cowhide sole or rubber sole （Rubber sole for outdoor wear, Cowhide sole for indoor wear）
- Heel Height: Approximately 2inch
- Heel type: Horseshoe heel
- 6 colors to choose from: colorful gold, dazzling silver, mysterious blue, dazzling gold, elegant silver, classic black.
- Steve Madden
- Pyramid Stud Detail
- Ankle Strap with Buckle Closure
- Round Open Toe
- Lightly Padded Footbed
- On-the-go 600 - Brilliancy
- Lightweight, responsive 5Gen cushioning
- Sketchers Goga Max high rebound insole for maximum comfort
- Adjustable straps for secure fit
- Soft heathered fabric upper
- Cushion Soft technology with OrthoLite footbed
- Smooth Textile Lining
- Lightweight EVA and TPR outsole
- Adjustable Hook and Loop Ankle Strap
- Take any look to the next level with this Steve Madden® Catia Wedge Sandal.
- Espadrille sandal features a leather upper.
- Ankle strap with adjustable buckle closure.
- Open-toe silhouette.
- Wide straps over vamp. Man-made lining. Lightly padded footbed. Jute-wrapped wedge heel. Man-made sole. Imported. Measurements: Heel Height: 2 in Weight: 13 oz Platform Height: 1 1⁄ 2 in Product measurements were taken using size 8, width M. Please note that measurements may vary by size. Weight of footwear is based on a single item, not a pair.