Carbonflux wrote:I think we should exclude the blender file size from the 1meg zipped requirement for the scene size and the blender file should be submitted separately. Actually I am not clear on where to submit the zipped scene heh.
8. Final submissions must be posted to the corresponding competition gallery, scene files must be provided. Please post them here.
Lord Crc wrote:I think the blend (or similar source) could be available on the website as a separate download, mentioned in a readme.txt file or similar. While nice, it shouldn't be required.
J the Ninja wrote:BinaryCortex: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5940#p62836
It's in this very thread already!
B.Y.O.B. wrote:Is this here the right place to place the scene- and blendfiles in?
4. The example scene should be something a new user loads up and gets something meaningful out of in the course of 10-15 minutes.
I think I can present many of LuxRender's benefits in this scene:
- Instancing (for example the ceiling lights, but many of the items are instanced)
- Lightgroups (Sun+Sky and ceiling lights)
- Use of procedural textures (e.g. the floor)
- Bump mapping (floor)
- Architectural glass
- Indirect lighting (e.g. color bleeding)
- Various postpro (bloom etc.) can easily be tested
- Some great materials (though there are no translucent ones): metals (nk-files), glossy- and matte-materials and meshlights
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests