I had the same problems as PhilBo
My OS is Bluewhite64 linux 12.2 (64-bit version of Slackware linux 12.2).
I had boost 1.38 installed.
Luxrender 0.6RC5 compiled and worked (almost) well with this version of boost.
I know that boost 1.39 is recommended to built Luxrender properly, but it worked with boost 1.38 and it was OK for me.
Once I found a situation that Luxrender RC5 crashed with a scene which was rendered fine in RC4, I decided to upgrade to boost 1.39 (I will write separate message about that scene).
So, I compiled boost 1.39 from source (it is usual for Slackware), then I began to compile Luxrender RC5 and it happened that it compiled but refused to link and gave me the following error:
- Code: Select all
Linking CXX executable luxconsole
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux/4.2.4/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_program_options-mt
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [luxconsole] Error 1
make: *** [CMakeFiles/luxconsole.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
After some time I found that the file[location of the folder in which you are compiling Lux ]/CMakeFiles/luxconsole.dir/link.txt
contains following information about boost libraries:boost_thread-mt
but my /usr/lib
folder contains librarieslibboost_thread.so
" suffix) etc.
So I changed boost_thread-mt
and so on in this file, and by analogy did the same procedure in the file[location of the folder in which you are compiling Lux ]/CMakeFiles/luxrender.dir/link.txt
And after that linking procedure was successful.
I really don't know why boost 1.39 compiled in such a way in difference with 1.38.
So I think it may be useful to anticipate this situation in the process of automatic generation of configuration files.