LuxCore: the new LuxRender C++ and Python API

Discussion related to the implementation of new features & algorithms to the Core Engine.

Moderators: Dade, jromang, tomb, zcott, coordinators

Re: LuxCore: the new LuxRender C++ and Python API

Postby Tenebrael » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:58 pm

It's quite a long time since the last update. What's going on with new version of Lux? Was the work stopped or something? (last update in this post was in February, 4 month ago).
Tenebrael

Postby tomb » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:10 am

Seriously? Look around in these subfora; lots of stuff has been added to LuxCore since then.
tomb
Developer

Postby B.Y.O.B. » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:01 am

Just look at the commit history of the sourcecode.

(not sure if troll)
B.Y.O.B.
Developer

Postby Tenebrael » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:21 am

@tomb

I meant there is still no full new release of Lux Render. I know a lot is going on, but when it's realistic to expect a new, stable version? And don't get me wrong, I really appreciate what You're doing, I just can't wait for the new release :)
Tenebrael

Postby SATtva » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:55 am

Don't hold your breath, it may be half a year ahead. Although there might be a preliminary "work-in-progress" version in a couple of months once new features get exposed in LuxBlend.
Linux builds packager
聞くのは一時の恥、聞かぬのは一生の恥
SATtva
Developer

Postby hedphelym » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:59 am

I started working on using this for the new c++ renderer for 3dsmax,
I got LuxCore to compile fine, but when I try to include the source \ lib as I usually do with other libraries I got this:

Code: Select all
1>------ Build started: Project: LuxMaxRender, Configuration: Release 2012 x64 ------
1>Build started 11.06.2014 21:48:45.
1>InitializeBuildStatus:
1>  Touching "x64\Release 2012\LuxMaxRender.unsuccessfulbuild".
1>ClCompile:
1>  Common.cpp
1>C:\lux\luxrays\include\luxrays/utils/memory.h(55): error C2572: 'luxrays::AllocAligned' : redefinition of default parameter : parameter 2
1>          C:\development\LuxSource\luxrays\include\luxrays/core/utils.h(307) : see declaration of 'luxrays::AllocAligned'
1>C:\lux\luxrays\include\luxrays/utils/memory.h(55): error C2995: 'T *luxrays::AllocAligned(size_t,size_t)' : function template has already been defined
1>          C:\development\LuxSource\luxrays\include\luxrays/core/utils.h(307) : see declaration of 'luxrays::AllocAligned'
1>C:\lux\luxrays\include\luxrays/utils/memory.h(63): error C2995: 'void luxrays::FreeAligned(T *)' : function template has already been defined
1>          C:\development\LuxSource\luxrays\include\luxrays/core/utils.h(311) : see declaration of 'luxrays::FreeAligned'
1>C:\lux\luxrays\include\luxrays/utils/memory.h(65): warning C4348: 'luxrays::AlignedAllocator' : redefinition of default parameter : parameter 2
1>          C:\development\LuxSource\luxrays\include\luxrays/core/utils.h(319) : see declaration of 'luxrays::AlignedAllocator'
1>C:\lux\luxrays\include\luxrays/utils/memory.h(118): error C2953: 'luxrays::AlignedAllocator' : class template has already been defined
1>          C:\development\LuxSource\luxrays\include\luxrays/core/utils.h(319) : see declaration of 'luxrays::AlignedAllocator'
1>C:\lux\luxrays\include\luxrays/utils/memory.h(124): error C2011: 'luxrays::Aligned16' : 'class' type redefinition
1>          C:\development\LuxSource\luxrays\include\luxrays/core/utils.h(380) : see declaration of 'luxrays::Aligned16'
1>C:\lux\luxrays\include\luxrays/utils/memory.h(200): error C3861: 'FreeAligned': identifier not found
1>c:\program files (x86)\autodesk\3ds max 2012 sdk\maxsdk\include\quat.h(184): error C2632: 'float' followed by 'float' is illegal
1>c:\program files (x86)\autodesk\3ds max 2012 sdk\maxsdk\include\quat.h(184): error C2059: syntax error : ')'
1>c:\program files (x86)\autodesk\3ds max 2012 sdk\maxsdk\include\quat.h(184): error C2334: unexpected token(s) preceding '{'; skipping apparent function body
1>  DLLEntry.cpp
1>C:\lux\luxrays\include\luxrays/utils/memory.h(55): error C2572: 'luxrays::AllocAligned' : redefinition of default parameter : parameter 2
1>C:\lux\luxrays\include\luxrays/utils/memory.h(55): error C2995: 'T *luxrays::AllocAligned(size_t,size_t)' : function template has already been defined
1>C:\lux\luxrays\include\luxrays/utils/memory.h(63): error C2995: 'void luxrays::FreeAligned(T *)' : function template has already been defined
1>          C:\development\LuxSource\luxrays\include\luxrays/core/utils.h(311) : see declaration of 'luxrays::FreeAligned'
1>C:\lux\luxrays\include\luxrays/utils/memory.h(65): warning C4348: 'luxrays::AlignedAllocator' : redefinition of default parameter : parameter 2
1>C:\lux\luxrays\include\luxrays/utils/memory.h(118): error C2953: 'luxrays::AlignedAllocator' : class template has already been defined
1>C:\lux\luxrays\include\luxrays/utils/memory.h(124): error C2011: 'luxrays::Aligned16' : 'class' type redefinition
1>          C:\development\LuxSource\luxrays\include\luxrays/core/utils.h(380) : see declaration of 'luxrays::Aligned16'
1>C:\lux\luxrays\include\luxrays/utils/memory.h(200): error C3861: 'FreeAligned': identifier not found
1>c:\program files (x86)\autodesk\3ds max 2012 sdk\maxsdk\include\quat.h(184): error C2632: 'float' followed by 'float' is illegal
1>c:\program files (x86)\autodesk\3ds max 2012 sdk\maxsdk\include\quat.h(184): error C2059: syntax error : ')'
1>c:\program files (x86)\autodesk\3ds max 2012 sdk\maxsdk\include\quat.h(184): error C2334: unexpected token(s) preceding '{'; skipping apparent function body
1>  LuxMaxRender.cpp
1>C:\development\LuxSource\luxrays\include\slg/film/film.h(37): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'FreeImage.h': No such file or directory
1>  Math.cpp
1>  LuxMaxRenderDialog.cpp
1>  LuxMaxRenderPresetsRollout.cpp
1>
1>Build FAILED.
1>
1>Time Elapsed 00:00:13.46
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Is there a step I might be missing?
hedphelym
Developer

Postby jeanphi » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:14 am

Hi,

You seem to be including 2 times the same header. Headers should be guarded against double inclusion, definitely something to check.

Jeanphi
jeanphi
Developer

Postby hedphelym » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:32 pm

Thanks for the hint Jeanphi,
I found the issue, it was a old include that was in one of the .h files in the project, was not a obvious one but I found it.
It pointed to the old lux api (I'm replacing my old code with the new api),

thanks!
hedphelym
Developer

Postby tvvladimir » Sun May 07, 2017 3:10 am

Hi all, I've been waiting for a long time for "Blender LuxCore Render Engine - real time 3d update like Cycles". Looks awesome.

1. But does it support view of UV textures in real time also? It is very important that it does because otherwise the workflow is way too long sometimes.
2. Every "*.blend" file holds all luxmaterials. So if I change materials in one ".blend" file, they won't appear in another. Is it possible to make so that "Blender LuxCore Render Engine" has it's own materials database?
3. Could you make a large database of luxmaterials for sale on Your website? I'm not keen on donating, I prefer to buy packages to support the community.
4. Also Luxrender had a long known problem regarding incorrect ray tracing, here's an example picture:
[img=600x400]http://2.1m.yt/TLIy57f.jpg[/img]Image[/url]
If I run render from Blender, it starts rendering fine like picture on the right most of the time, but if I run same luxrender file not from Blender, but from the folder on my system, I get the picture on the right most of the time. Sometimes it works fine, but most of the time it does not. I've spoken to developers long ago and they told me it's something that Luxrender has a problem with.

I love Luxrender,
Best of luck guys!
tvvladimir

Previous

Return to Architecture & Design