LuxCore: issues, problems, regressions

Discussion related to the implementation of new features & algorithms to the Core Engine.

Moderators: Dade, jromang, tomb, zcott, coordinators

Re: LuxCore: issues, problems, regressions

Postby jensverwiebe » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:00 pm

I think ic whats up here,, there is code commented in cl but not c++.
I test asap and give you a testbuild.

Jens
jensverwiebe
Developer

Postby Dade » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:24 pm

jensverwiebe wrote:I think ic whats up here,, there is code commented in cl but not c++.
I test asap and give you a testbuild.

It is working fine on my "latest" sources, this is PATHCPU:

cpu.png

and PATHOCL:

gpu.png

Jens, you have back-ported the fix to the last publicly available sources, they are nearly 9 months old and I assume the problem has already been fixed in the mean time.

Stark, if you can work around the current problem (i.e. adjusting the exposure), you can just wait a bit for the release of the latest stuff. Otherwise we can send you an executable compiled from the "ultra-top-secret" sources (viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13485) but it may carry even new problems because it is under heavy development (life is never simple :roll: ).
Dade
Developer

Postby Dade » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:27 pm

jensverwiebe wrote:I think ic whats up here,, there is code commented in cl but not c++.

it is ok, the commented code in OpenCL C is for BiDirectional path tracing (i.e. not available in OpenCL).
Dade
Developer

Postby burnin » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:32 pm

Confirmed (win7, LuxCore SDK binary, Blender 2.79)
burnin

Postby jensverwiebe » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:44 pm

Dade wrote:
Jens, you have back-ported the fix to the last publicly available sources, they are nearly 9 months old and I assume the problem has already been fixed in the mean time.

Has nothing todo with it,i think i found the issue: cause my arrow up key sometimes hangs i recompiled only stage6 which
did not recompile luxcore. I hope this was the issue and i can reupload asap.

EDIT: nope, its broken and i don't see any releated code in git that could fix it vs. latest hg.
Nothing changed from my last build since august but the coso brackets, so if there is a fix, then its not commited.
Remember, Stark said it worked in 1.6 and broke in aug testbuild 1.7 first time.

Jens
jensverwiebe
Developer

Postby Dade » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:54 pm

Dade wrote:Jens, you have back-ported the fix to the last publicly available sources, they are nearly 9 months old and I assume the problem has already been fixed in the mean time.

Stark, if you can work around the current problem (i.e. adjusting the exposure), you can just wait a bit for the release of the latest stuff. Otherwise we can send you an executable compiled from the "ultra-top-secret" sources (viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13485) but it may carry even new problems because it is under heavy development (life is never simple :roll: ).

My post is still valid.
Dade
Developer

Postby stark » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:57 am

Dade, jensverwiebe, burnin thank you for your strong support!

I'm in no urgent need of working LuxRender right now and don't want to put any stress on you. So please work in your own tempo. Probably I just need to report to LuxRender bugtracker directly when I somewhere 90% sure that I encountered a bug - and you then will decide to confirm or to decline bugreport while routinely working with it.

I can experiment with Lux Classic right now when I know what to expect from LuxCore in near future. Wait.. and now LuxCore Path CPU works as expected :) So no haste here.
stark

Postby jensverwiebe » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:52 am

stark wrote:Dade, jensverwiebe, burnin thank you for your strong support!

I'm in no urgent need of working LuxRender right now and don't want to put any stress on you. So please work in your own tempo. Probably I just need to report to LuxRender bugtracker directly when I somewhere 90% sure that I encountered a bug - and you then will decide to confirm or to decline bugreport while routinely working with it.

I can experiment with Lux Classic right now when I know what to expect from LuxCore in near future. Wait.. and now LuxCore Path CPU works as expected :) So no haste here.

You can switch to sobol sampler, then all renders look same i found.

Jens
jensverwiebe
Developer

Postby stark » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:35 pm

jensverwiebe wrote:You can switch to sobol sampler, then all renders look same i found.

Jens

May be soon I'll find out again why I'm not using Sobol sampler most of the time, but for now using it look like a great deal.
Thank you very much.
stark

Previous

Return to Architecture & Design