Tis the season for a new LuxRender competition.
The goal of these competitions is to showcase the capabilities of LuxRender and the community of LuxRender artists. The theme for this competition is "The Holidays". This competition will run to December 31th 2012 23:59:59 UTC, at which time voting will commence.
This competition is centered around the Holiday season. From Halloween to New years. Pick your favorite and go wild.
1. You must use LuxRender only, no SLG submissions. Use either the latest stable release, a weekly, or compile your own the day you start your render.
2. You must create a new original work, you cannot re-render something you have already done. Reusing old models, however, is acceptable.
3. You can use any modeling program/exporter you wish. (Yaay!) Just render in LuxRender (see rule #1).
4. Submissions should be rendered to at least 1000 S/px if possible. Carbonfluxing* a render is not necessary, but it makes them look very nice.
5. The only post production allowed is what is built in to LuxRender. (We are trying to showcase LuxRender, not Gimp or Photoshop.)
6. The time frame for this competition is approx. 2 months. Submissions after December 31th 2012 23:59:59 UTC will not be considered.
7. The winner will be chosen by you via a forum poll.
8. Final submissions must be posted to the corresponding competition gallery.
9. Your scene must be centered around one of the major holidays. Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years.
Winners will receive a FREE copy of both LuxRender and Blender.
*The term carbonfluxing refers to the fact that Carbonflux typically uses 10000 S/px as a minimum for a render. I.e. 1.0 CFU = 10000 S/px.