Welcome one and all, a new LuxRender competition is upon us. The goal of these competitions is to showcase the capabilities of LuxRender and the community of LuxRender artists. There is no theme for this competition, it is completely open. This competition will run to July 31st 2012 23:59:59 UTC, at which time voting will commence.
1. You must use LuxRender only, no SLG submissions. You must use version 1.0 RC1 or higher.
2. You must create a new original work, you cannot re-render something you have already done. Reusing old models, however, is acceptable. (A table here, a lamp there.)
3. You can use any modeling program/exporter you wish. (Yaay!) Just render in LuxRender (see rule #1).
4. Submissions should be rendered to at least 1000 S/px if possible. Carbonfluxing* a render is not necessary, but it makes them look very nice.
5. The only post production allowed is what is built in to LuxRender. (We are trying to showcase LuxRender, not Gimp or Photoshop.)
6. The time frame for this competition is approximately 1 month. Submissions after July 31st 2012 23:59:59 UTC will not be considered.
7. The winner will be chosen by you via a forum poll.
8. Final submissions must be posted to the corresponding competition gallery.
1st place will have their render featured as the splash screen for LuxRender 1.0
Runners up will receive a FREE copy of LuxRender and Blender.
*The term carbonfluxing refers to the fact that Carbonflux typically uses 10000 S/px as a minimum for a render. I.e. 1.0 CFU = 10000 S/px.