SLG3: preview

Discussions related to GPU Acceleration in LuxRender

Moderators: Dade, jromang, tomb, coordinators

Re: SLG3: preview

Postby Dade » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:34 am

anurup wrote:Thanks for your reply Dade. I'm sorry I missed saying it was PathOCL I was using (GPU only on an AMD 7700 Capeverde (10 OpenCL units)). (Trying not to miss out anything this time. :P )

Sending a simplified version of the files you asked for.

Thanks, I should have fixed this problem. It was happening when CPU image filtering was disabled (i.e. film.filter.type = 0). If you can not recompile from sources, as workaround, you can enable CPU filtering (film.filter.type = 1) and disable GPU filtering (path.filter.type = NONE).
Dade
Developer

Postby anurup » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:04 pm

Bang on. Thanks Mate!

I've always placed my bets on SLG and secretly hoped since slg2 that it would come back to reclaim its place. I see it happening now.

Keep up the good code! We love you man!
anurup

Postby Dade » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:35 pm

Added the support for new texmap/bumpmap/normalmap uscale, vscale, udelta, vdelta parameters.
Dade
Developer

Postby sharlybg » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:15 am

simple pathtracer are too slow for indoor lighting. I can imagine the days we will have Pure BidirVCM on 7nm GPU Navi. Or maybe soon let me dream ! ;) .
For sure there is a Very big big potential inside this luxrender community and this is what we love so much. thank you guys for providing so much fun to our life .. ;)
i7 6700k + 32 Gb DDR4 + 2X R9 390 sapphir nitro.
sharlybg

Previous

Return to GPU Acceleration