Refer to the SLG Blender Exporter wiki page to get started with the plugin.
Look at Blender's console output for progress information and errors (from plugin and SLG)
I’ve implemented initial support for transforming objects in SLG Live! mode which is an upcoming feature of SLG v1.6beta3 (now SLGv1.7beta1).
Notes about transforming objects in SLG Live! mode:
- Only works with instances and the MQBVH accelerator.
- New option for objects: SLG Force Instance ; will treat a single object as an instance to allow you to move it in SLG Live! mode.
- You can transform instance objects any way (location / rotation / scale), but you cannot modify their mesh (simply re-export in that case)
- You can move Dupligroup instances, update: and the source objects as well (which you would normally hide in another layer).
- Instances cannot have modifiers attached, apply modifiers before creating instances. (Dupligroup source objects can have modifiers)
Updated 2010-07-29: add SPPM Direct Light Sampling option on SmallLuxGPU Options panel
Updated 2010-08-02: update for latest Blender 2.53 revisions (see this post)
Updated 2010-08-13: limited support for particles as instances (see this post)
Updated 2010-08-14: add option to toggle SLG's Telnet echo / informational messages on/off for SLG Live! mode
Updated 2010-08-22: several Particle Instances enhancements + DupliGroup change (see this post)
Updated 2010-08-23: latest Blender revision compatability.
EDIT: This version of the plugin is compatible with the SLG v1.7beta1 release.
You can get SLG v1.7beta1 executables from this thread: SLG v1.7beta1 (The 100% OpenCL release !)
Update: Get the latest SLG Blender Plugin from the Luxrays repository...
Download latest version ==> render_smallluxgpu.py