LuxRender Linux CVS build of 10-05-2010 + progress report

Weekly builds for testing and use between releases.

Moderator: coordinators

Forum rules
Please read the information / sticky post for some basic information regarding these builds/support.

LuxRender Linux CVS build of 10-05-2010 + progress report

Postby SATtva » Mon May 10, 2010 9:50 am

Hi guys. These are our first Linux weeklies since 0.7RC2 release, so please test them well.

Jens has spent a great deal of time last week polishing Lux GUI and fixing most of small bugs hiding in its corners. Notably, gamma should load correctly now. Jeanphi has fixed QBVH accelerator (which was loading a scene forever if it has no objects) and (hopefully :)) a Path integrator when it's used to render mix materials containing a null material. Dougal2, while continue to devote his energy to LuxBlend2.5, added a bunch of docstring documentation to pylux module. And yours truly made a couple of fixes and additions to LuxBlend (most importantly, Linear tonemapper now has good camera-like presets, and a single hair system now exports correctly even when assigned to multiple objects).

Weeklies compilation process is also switched to FreeImage library (like the RCs), so from now on you'll be able to use additional image formats for textures and envmaps (for example, HDR and TGA files).

Also please note, that since these weeklies we're switching back to Boost 1.39, as newer versions have problems with gzip, breaking Lux's network rendering. Due to this switch it's not possible to use former versions, weeklies and RCs with the current builds in network rendering. (In fact, I'm now using dual Boost versions in my compilation environment: 1.39 and 1.41. This makes possible to have luxrender/luxconsole programs correctly working in network mode while pylux module still compiling as it requires Boost 1.41 and above.)

One final note: I'm dropping luxcomp utility from builds as it just wastes bandwidth as it seems nobody is using it anyway. :)

Lux 0.7-dev branch:
32-bit, SSE only
32-bit, SSE, SSE2
32-bit, SSE, SSE2, SSE3
64-bit, SSE, SSE2
64-bit, SSE, SSE2, SSE3
64-bit, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, 3DNow
64-bit, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4, SSE4.1
(If you get "Illegal instruction" error when starting the program, make sure your CPU supports SSE instructions set this particular build was compiled for.)

LuxBlend 0.7-dev:
LuxBlend snapshot

Changes in LuxRender since 0.7RC2 included in these builds:
Code: Select all
4 minutes ago    Jean-Philippe Grimaldi    Fix path integrator when using mix with a null material.
3 hours ago    Jean-Philippe Grimaldi    Revert previous tentative fix for null mix issue. It was worse than the original.
3 hours ago    Jean-Philippe Grimaldi    Fix normal orientation if UVN is an indirect coordinate system.
24 hours ago    jensverwiebe    Recommit last commit - was missing the changes
24 hours ago    jensverwiebe    Completion for last commit - fixed some conditions ( OSX )
38 hours ago    jensverwiebe    Don´t set pauserender when idle ( OSX only )
44 hours ago    jensverwiebe    resethelper for gamma
44 hours ago    jensverwiebe    Final fix for gammavalues working fully on initialize and on/off
2 days ago    Tom Bech    Fix broken compile on non-osx
2 days ago    jensverwiebe    Workaround for dialogs get closed by tonemapping event on OSX by having the render pause when dialog is open and resumed on aborting dialog
2 days ago    jensverwiebe    cleanup for last commit, was ugly this way
2 days ago    jensverwiebe    fix 18cc26c79a22, broke reread set gamma
3 days ago    jensverwiebe    tweak for setCurrentFile on resume condition
3 days ago    jensverwiebe    The new OSX pane-design with stylesheets ( gradient for empasize powerbutton
3 days ago    jensverwiebe    make sure m_lastOpendir stays at lxs-location when resuming lxs/flm
3 days ago    jensverwiebe    Don´t add flm to recent-file menue, show flm-name in window-header
3 days ago    jensverwiebe    start with resolution-label filled ( 0 x 0 )
3 days ago    jensverwiebe    Make sure resolution is shown for flm only load
4 days ago    Jean-Philippe Grimaldi    Merge
4 days ago    Jean-Philippe Grimaldi    Fix wrong reinitialization of gamma overriding film setting.
4 days ago    Jean-Philippe Grimaldi    Avoid using unitialized memory when getting the histogram from python.
4 days ago    jensverwiebe    rollback of last commit, must investigate still
4 days ago    jensverwiebe    initialize res/zoom/viewport on fln-loading too
4 days ago    Jean-Philippe Grimaldi    Merge
4 days ago    Jean-Philippe Grimaldi    Fix issues with QBVH and BVH when scene contains no object.
5 days ago    doug    Completed documentation of all RiSpec-like API functions in pylux.
5 days ago    doug    more pylux docstrings
6 days ago    jensverwiebe    Refine margins in lenseffects
6 days ago    dougal2    merge
6 days ago    dougal2    merge
6 days ago    Doug Hammond    Merge with 90d58febaff8b128c874c908ac968795622cdc83
6 days ago    Doug Hammond    Working on pylux docsctrings, changed PyContext::getHistogramImage()
6 days ago    jensverwiebe    fixed copy-paste-error, only OSX-relevant

Changes in LuxBlend since 0.7RC2:
Code: Select all
7 minutes ago    Vlad "SATtva" Miller    Update version string to 0.7RC3
16 minutes ago    Vlad "SATtva" Miller    Batch processing: make end frame parameter not mandatory
23 minutes ago    Vlad "SATtva" Miller    Fix for using a single hair system in multiple objects
3 days ago    Vlad "SATtva" Miller    Added description to whitepoint presets (re Abel's proposal)
5 days ago    Vlad "SATtva" Miller    Added film and lens presets to linear tonemapping kernel; added f/stop presets to camera DoF
5 days ago    Vlad "SATtva" Miller    Allow material assignment to other object types besides a mesh
Linux builds packager
聞くのは一時の恥、聞かぬのは一生の恥
SATtva
Developer

Re: LuxRender Linux CVS build of 10-05-2010 + progress report

Postby SATtva » Mon May 10, 2010 10:35 am

SATtva wrote:... and (hopefully :)) a Path integrator when it's used to render mix materials containing a null material

Seems I too much hurried. Just noticed revision 2293 by jeanphi. :)
Linux builds packager
聞くのは一時の恥、聞かぬのは一生の恥
SATtva
Developer

Postby dougal2 » Mon May 10, 2010 10:52 am

dougal2
Developer

Postby jensverwiebe » Mon May 10, 2010 11:55 am

Hey SATtva

Due to this switch it's not possible to use former versions, weeklies and RCs with the current builds in network rendering.

Hard to do, cause netwoking broken in these build anyway :P (..duck :lol: )

Jens
jensverwiebe
Developer

Postby SATtva » Mon May 10, 2010 12:03 pm

Well... you've been warned! :P :D
Linux builds packager
聞くのは一時の恥、聞かぬのは一生の恥
SATtva
Developer

Postby Abel » Thu May 13, 2010 9:35 am

SATtva wrote:These are our first Linux weeklies since 0.7RC2 release, so please test them well.

Thanks! I've recently rejoined the army of LuxRender testers on Linux. :)

First question: how come I can use the copy to clipboard to copy and paste images to OpenOffice Writer, but not to Gimp or gpaint? After pasting to OpenOffice Writer, I can copy the image from there to any other program.
Abel
Developer

Postby SATtva » Thu May 13, 2010 9:47 am

This was reported somewhere already if I'm not mistaken. Seems to be a Gimp problem.
Linux builds packager
聞くのは一時の恥、聞かぬのは一生の恥
SATtva
Developer

Postby kuvapuisto » Wed May 19, 2010 4:36 am

i don't know is this Gimp problem, because I used to paste image to Krita, after I couldn't do it with Gimp, but now it doesn't work in Krita either.
kuvapuisto

Postby Abel » Wed May 19, 2010 10:10 am

Yes, and as I mentioned also gpaint can't get the image from the clipboard. Maybe there is something all of those programs are doing wrong, but it would be pretty handy to be able to skip the intermediate OpenOffice step.
Abel
Developer

Postby Abel » Mon May 24, 2010 2:51 pm

It turns out the clipboard issue is not Linux only; with the previous weekly build for Windows x64 I'm unable to copy from LuxRender to Photoshop.
Abel
Developer

Return to Weekly Testing Builds