LuxRender 1.7 Mac OS and Windows builds available

Weekly builds for testing and use between releases.

Moderators: Dade, coordinators

Forum rules
Please read the information / sticky post for some basic information regarding these builds/support.

Re: LuxRender 1.7 Mac OS and Windows builds available

Postby patro » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:18 pm

hi, any news on latest mac Luxrender version?
thanks
patro

Postby Dacicusan » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:24 am

pciccone wrote:Hi.

I just wanted everybody to know that daily builds of the 1.7 development are now available

Mac OS: http://www.luxrender.net/release/builds/1.7/osx/
Windows: http://www.luxrender.net/release/builds/1.7/windows/

Cheers.

I'm getting the following error message: "Unable to Complete Request. You can go to the home page or try again."

Please re-upload this packages. I badly need the MacOS version.
Dacicusan

Postby jensverwiebe » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:29 am

Dacicusan wrote:
pciccone wrote:Hi.

I just wanted everybody to know that daily builds of the 1.7 development are now available

Mac OS: http://www.luxrender.net/release/builds/1.7/osx/
Windows: http://www.luxrender.net/release/builds/1.7/windows/

Cheers.

I'm getting the following error message: "Unable to Complete Request. You can go to the home page or try again."

Please re-upload this packages. I badly need the MacOS version.

You can get the sources and compile yourself.
Be aware that some changes are needed cause the macOS default is now c++11, so the macos repo is outdated.

Jens
jensverwiebe
Developer

Postby 212antt » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:10 pm

Has anyone had luck with a MacOS compile with the latest 1.7 source? If not if someone has a copy of the file since the official downloads are not working, could you please post a link. Thank you.
212antt

Postby jensverwiebe » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:44 am

212antt wrote:Has anyone had luck with a MacOS compile with the latest 1.7 source? If not if someone has a copy of the file since the official downloads are not working, could you please post a link. Thank you.

1.7dev sources can be still compiled with a few new tricks to get around macOS <= 10.11 changes.
The 1.6 builds got lost i fear, those where made after i quitted official mac development, thus should be on the jenkins "autobuild" server.
The last 1.7dev i compiled was some weeks ago for testing, although i did not backport my big inlining find for Nvidia into that. ( for shortening kernel compile )
Was just for academic use. Also i checked how much faster actual c++ results are ( >10% so far )
Are you a Reality user ?

Jens
jensverwiebe
Developer

Postby 212antt » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:14 pm

Yes, I am a reality user, however I have come to look at other program interfaces for Luxrender. Luxrender 1.7 has some features that I am interested in, as well as most likely an improvement in some bugs. I am just having some compiling issues with the latest source, I outlined this in another forum post here.
212antt

Postby jensverwiebe » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:55 am

212antt wrote:Yes, I am a reality user, however I have come to look at other program interfaces for Luxrender. Luxrender 1.7 has some features that I am interested in, as well as most likely an improvement in some bugs. I am just having some compiling issues with the latest source, I outlined this in another forum post here.

pm'ed you ...

Jens
jensverwiebe
Developer

Previous

Return to Weekly Testing Builds