Luxball5

General Project and community related discussion.

Moderators: Dade, coordinators

Re: Luxball5

Postby Rhys » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:18 am

You need to turn the collision distance down, for both cloth and collider. More importantly though is to turn up the quality steps (of the cloth, not the collisions quality), try 20.
cloth.png

Luxball6_cloth.7z
(2.78 MiB) Downloaded 234 times

If you don't like my placement you can open the "uncooked" file and adjust the cloth/settings.

Could someone devote the time to release/properly package/clean the "Luxball6" files :) Still seeing warped Luxball's around :?. I don't know anything about that.
Rhys

Postby tomb » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:25 pm

Thanks Rhys! Just what I was looking for :D I'll see if I can get the luxball rev 6 into the repo
tomb
Developer

Postby mattymanx » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:34 pm

This is LuxBall 6 for Poser and DAZ Studio users. Since there are multiple exporters for both I decided I would go ahead and convert this scene.

Thank you to Rhys for the go ahead and J the Ninja for showing me where to find it.

The scene is broken down into props and can be loaded as desired:
- Floor (uses the PNG grid)
- Room
- LuxBall 6
- Floor Grid (from Luxball 5, no numbers. For those who may want it)
- Draped cloth

There are no lights or bubbles.

If anyone wants the OBJs from this set for use in another app, they are in "Runtime > Geometries > Luxball6"

Likewise, the floor grid texture is in "Runtime > Textures > Luxball6"

The PP2 files for loading the scene parts are in "Runtime > Libraries > Misc > Luxball6" - Only relevant for Poser/DS usage.

I renamed the surfaces and devided the Luxball up so that it has a few more. Though that is not evident from my image.
Attachments
Luxball6-Cloth.rar
LuxBall 6 for Poser and DAZ Studio
(3.4 MiB) Downloaded 350 times
Luxball6.png
mattymanx

Postby DoctorJellybean » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:20 am

Thanks, Matty!
DoctorJellybean

Postby Callad » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:07 am

Thank you Matty! Saw your post about this on Rendo :)
Callad

Postby mattymanx » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:17 pm

You're Welcome Callad and Dr Jellybean!
mattymanx

Postby wolfram2244 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:42 am

In an effort to make the Luxball even easier to use for DAZ Studio users, I've attached a DSON conversion of it with meta-data.

At first, I was just going to use mattymanx's above and add lights and the camera. But I decide that, in order to help preserve the scale better, I'd do a full conversion from the base blender files. This includes the cloth (as static geometry) and bubbles as well.

Right now, the scene is set up against the Luxus exporter, as it is the cheaper one, but if someone could setup the Reality materials as well that would be awesome.

The DSON files are JSON in syntax, and there is a place to mark the author. If one or more of the authors would like their name(s) listed, please let me know. Right now the author is listed as "Luxball6" for the files, and "LuxRender Team" for the set as a whole. That can be easily changed with a find/replace or grep.

DSONLuxball6.zip
Luxball in DSON format (DAZ Studio 4.5)
(4.81 MiB) Downloaded 287 times
TestLuxball6.jpg
wolfram2244

Postby FranClod » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:48 am

I just wanted to add my $0.02 of thanks to the creator of the LuxBall for Poser. Been using it to test out new jade mat for Reality for Poser.
On that note, anybody have a suggestion on how to create a reliable jade mat in Reality 3 for Poser? I sux big time. :oops: :lol:
Smiles are contagious... Pass it on! :-D
FranClod

Previous

Return to General Discussion