LuxRender v0.7RC3 released

News & Announcements regarding releases, features, exporters and project coordination.

Moderators: Dade, coordinators

LuxRender v0.7RC3 released

Postby jeanphi » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:39 pm

Hi everybody,

The LuxRender team is pleased to bring you the third (and last?) pre release of the upcoming 0.7 version.

Based on feedback from the first 2 pre releases, we've fixed a whole lot of bugs and polished the GUI and LuxBlend exporter. I want to thank the whole dev team for its commitment to improving LuxRender. We're not aware of any major bug left, please report any in Mantis.
The Blender 2.5 exporter is now in a working but beta state. It's useable but not as full featured as the exporter for Blender 2.49. (dougal2 edit: see my post below for more info).

And don't forget to vote for the new splash!

As before we've prepared a set of archives containing everything packaged.
Please download the relevant archives for your platform:
Windows:
32 bits QT zip
64 bits QT zip

MacOS:
Universal installer (MacOS 10.5 and above)

Linux:
32 bits SSE1 archive
32 bits SSE2 archive
64 bits SSE2 archive

Changes since v0.7RC2:
- lots of bug fixes
- GUI polishing
- note that now passthrough materials like null or architectural glass count as a bounce in the integrator depth

---------------------------

Source Code

People who want to download the source code can download the v07RC3 tag files of our HG source code repository here:
http://src.luxrender.net/lux/rev/dd0a5b5acd79

And luxblend: http://src.luxrender.net/luxblend/rev/24cc23d2fa2e

---------------------------

Cheers,

Jeanphi
jeanphi
Developer

Re: LuxRender v0.7RC3 released

Postby SurfingAlien » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:53 pm

wow, almost realtime... thanks!
MacBookPro@2x2.4GHz/4Gb/OSX10.6.4 (Master) - P4HT@3.85GHz/2Gb/WinXP32 (Slave) - Blender 2.53 (.the.Jens.release.) | LuxRender 0.7 - SLG 1.6b2
SurfingAlien

Postby jeanphi » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:55 pm

Hi,

Well, realtime is planed for v0.8 rather than v0.7 :)

Jeanphi
jeanphi
Developer

Postby Lord Crc » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:14 pm

Great work guys!

If someone wants an "oldskool" version for Windows (ie using old GUI) let me know and I'll provide :)
May contain traces of nuts.
Lord Crc
Developer

Postby dougal2 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:20 pm

LuxBlend 25 BETA-01 Exporter for Blender 2.5

I'm happy to announce today the first public beta release of the LuxBlend exporter for Blender 2.5+

This exporter comes in two parts, 1) The Exporter Framework [ef] and 2) the LuxRender engine plugin [LuxBlend].
Zip files containing these components are attached to this post. You will need both parts to make the exporter work.

There are several things to note about this beta release:
* You will need a very new version of Blender 2.5 in order for the exporter to run. Get the latest builds from http://www.graphicall.org/
* Some features in the exporter may be missing, or broken
* Some parts of the exporter may have incorrect names or labels and some parameters minimum/maximum/default values may be wrong.
* This exporter has been only lightly tested so far, expect it to be problematic to begin with.
* DO NOT USE THIS EXPORTER ON YOUR PRODUCTION FILES

I'll say that again...
* DO NOT USE THIS EXPORTER ON YOUR PRODUCTION FILES

Please also report problems and feedback regarding this exporter in the LuxBlend forum, or in Mantis - NOT in this thread.

Have fun and enjoy, and report any issues you find. If you do encounter issues, stay calm, and come back to us for help with fixing them :)

Installation instructions
Unzip each file into these locations:
WINDOWS: C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\.blender\scripts\io
or C:\Documents and Settings\[USER NAME]\Application Data\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts\io

LINUX: /home/[USER NAME]/.blender/scripts/io

---

LuxBlend_2.5 OSX-installation:

1. Get both EF and Luxblend2.5.

2. Unzip each file into one of these locations:

- External PythonScripts-folder, that you create and set in Blender pref´s as searchpath ( recommended. )
- Inside Blender application-bundle ( Blender.app/Contents/MacOS/.blender/scripts/io

Note: There is a widespread misunderstanding with scripts on OSX:

- Don´t put them in the invisible scripts-folder of app-package. - there´s no need for this uncomfortable action.
- Just place a PythonScripts-folder in you Blender-folder and put all your extern scripts there !!!
- Set the path in Blender-pref´s to it !!! ( the app-internal ones are found always automatically - hardcoded path )
- Don´t forget to store this setting), so they are stored as defaults.

This way all works fine and if you update Blender ( with actual svn-build for example ) nothing has to be changed
+ different testbuilds can all acces this pythonscripts too.
+ you can run 2 Blender parallel, always having acces to the same set of scripts.

As a sidenote for hardcore-fiddlers:

howto acces to invisible Python-scripts inside Blender --> open Blender.app-package --> goto Contents/MacOS -->
cmd + shift + g opens a dialog --> type ".blender" to open invisible folder --> manage the scripts

---

The end result should be 2 new subdirectories containing code:
.blender/scripts/io/ef
.blender/scripts/io/luxrender

You can now start Blender 2.5 and choose 'LuxRender' from the Engine drop-down list.

Cheers,
Doug.
Attachments
ef_19f82ca.zip
(15.61 KiB) Downloaded 1986 times
luxrender_BETA-01.zip
(82.79 KiB) Downloaded 2063 times
dougal2
Developer

Postby SurfingAlien » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:27 pm

now that's a great day :)
thanks doug!

BTW I may be wrong but the correct OSX path isn't {username}/Applications/Blender/blender.app -> Contents/MacOS/.blender/script/io?
Last edited by SurfingAlien on Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacBookPro@2x2.4GHz/4Gb/OSX10.6.4 (Master) - P4HT@3.85GHz/2Gb/WinXP32 (Slave) - Blender 2.53 (.the.Jens.release.) | LuxRender 0.7 - SLG 1.6b2
SurfingAlien

Postby dougal2 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:32 pm

Hi, If anyone just downloaded ef_125 in the last few minutes, please get the new file I just attached above. ef_125 is already too old :evil:
dougal2
Developer

Postby pciccone » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:42 pm

The Windows zipfiles seem corrupted.
pciccone
Developer

Postby dougal2 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:45 pm

SurfingAlien wrote:BTW I may be wrong but the correct OSX path isn't {username}/Applications/Blender/blender.app -> Contents/MacOS/.blender/script/io?

That is another possibility, I've asked jensverwiebe to post some definitive OSX info soon.
dougal2
Developer

Postby dougal2 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:47 pm

pciccone wrote:The Windows zipfiles seem corrupted.

What are you using to extract? I made them using http://7-zip.org/ - I can only recommend you use the same to extract.
dougal2
Developer

Next

Return to News & Announcements