The LuxRender team is please to bring you the first pre release of the upcoming 0.7 version.
While this is not a final version, we've done our best to make it as stable as possible, however we'd be very grateful if you could thoruoghly test it and report bugs in our bug tracker
. Don't forget that the quicker we release the final v0.7, the quicker we will work on integrating LuxRays into LuxRender.
Thanks to all those that have made this release possible either by providing source code and ideas or patiently helping us track down issues.
As before we've prepared a set of archives containing everything packaged.
Please download the relevant archives for your platform:Windows:32 bits SSE1 zip32 bits SSE2 zip64 bits SSE2 zipMacOS:32 bits installer (MacOS 10.5 and above)64 bits installer (MacOS 10.5 and above)Linux:32 bits SSE1 archive32 bits SSE1 statically linked luxrender executable32 bits SSE2 archive32 bits SSE2 statically linked luxrender executable64 bits SSE2 archive64 bits SSE2 statically linked luxrender executable
Changes since v0.6.1: - the behaviour of some features has changed in this version, you should reexport your scenes with an updated exporter and check all your materials, the list of user visible changes is available here
- new Qt GUI (not yet packaged for windows, dynamically linked for linux, that's why there's an additional package for a statically linked version of the luxrender executable)
- new version of the QBVH accelerator, should be faster but might still have issues on 64bits
- new supersample option (default on) to the mitchell filter providing both sharp results and almost no ringing artifacts
- lots of improvements to the metropolis sampler
- improved bidirectional integrator
- more direct lighting sampling schemes available for the path integrator
- the previous glossy material has been renamed glossy_lossy and the new glossy material should give better results by having less energy loss
- environment lighting now has importance sampling options to improve convergence
- volumetric objects supporting absorption for glass through the new glass2 material and volume properties (more options should be available in upcoming versions)
- vastly enhanced brick texture
- new tabulated data texture to allow loading of spectral data from files (including PBRT2 spectrum files)
- various speed enhancements
- lots of fixes
People who want to download the source code can download the v06 tag files of our HG source code repository here:http://src.luxrender.net/lux/rev/015ad0a30053
And luxblend: http://src.luxrender.net/luxblend/rev/bf063c3b45ce