Queue the music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8zla30TCzw
At last, the LuxRender team is happy to bring the final v0.6 release to you all. This release represents a huge evolution since the previous 0.5 stable version. For those following more closely LuxRender development, only bug fixes went in since the last release candidate.
We've done our best to provide you with a high quality product, but nobody's perfect so don't hesitate to report any bug in the forums or in our bug tracker. In case major issues are found, we'll release maintenance versions during the next development cycle.
Thanks to all those that have made this release possible either by providing source code and ideas or patiently helping us track down issues.
As before we've prepared a set of archives containing everything packaged. (luxrender/luxconsole/dll's/luxblend and a newcomer: luxmerger)
Please download the relevant archives for your platform here.
Note 1: we now provide an installer for Windows systems and a sample scene to showcase some features of LuxRender.
Note 2: as always when using 32 bits versions you might run into memory issues if you work on very large scenes or render at very large resolutions
Changes since v0.6RC6:
- network rendering fixes
- metropolis sampler fixes
- PLY mesh loading fixes
- photon mapping wavelength sampling fixes
- Various assorted fixes
Other changes since v0.5:
- distributedpath integrator
- hilbert pixelsampler
- bidirectional integrator rewrite
- extension to photon mapping
- better implementation of portals
- torus shape
- switch GUI from FLTK to wxWidgets
- network rendering improvements
- mesh smoothing fixes
- multithreading improvements
- lots of speed tweaks
- new thin coating option
- readd the direct lighting integrator
- replace the plastic and substrate materials with glossy
- motion blur
- IES light support
- BVH accelerator
- linear tonemapper
- light groups
- noise reduction capabilities
- lamp spectra library from Galadakis
- glare/vignetting/chromatic aberration effects
- black pixel issue should be fixed (please report if they persist) (lordcrc & jeanphi)
- bloom and glare UI updates and glare layer for performance (lord crc)
- better defaults in luxblend (radiance)
- orthographic camera should work with bidirectional integrator (jeanphi)
- scene bounding sphere issue with bidirectional integrator is fixed (jeanphi)
- gui tooltips (radiance)
- improvements to architectural glass and null material (jeanphi)
- rulers/gui updates (zcott)
- compositing options for distributedpath integrator, rejection system for distributedpath integrator (radiance)
- new more flexible exr, png (now default) and tga output (radiance, lordcrc, jeanphi)
- zbuffer creation and output (radiance)
- many bugfixes and optimizations (everyone)
- portals are now sampled by lightpaths in bidirectional integrator -> speedup for interiors (jeanphi)
- firefly issues with bidirectional should be solved (jeanphi)
- QMC metropolis, should converge quicker. (jeanphi)
- 16bit png texture loading fixed (lotuspec)
- whitepoint panel visible properly on linux/gtk (lord crc)
- experimental qbvh accelerator (jeanphi)
- procedural clouds boundvolume (edward)
- lightgroup names saved to FLM io (lotuspec)
- and many small issues tweaked / fixed
- fixed bidirectional smooth shading issue (jeanphi)
- environment camera works with bidirectional (jeanphi)
- slight bidirectional/perspective camera speedup and fixed camera depth clamping (jeanphi)
- small performance increases to memory management (jeanphi and shadowjack)
- reintegrated experimental exphotonmap and igi integrators (jeanphi)
- fixed incorrect green colour of incandescent lightsources of lampspectrum (radiance)
- tweaks to QBVH accelerator building (jeanphi)
- fixes and optimizations to tabrekdtree (jeanphi)
- power of sunsky tuned (jeanphi)
- reduced rayepsilon to 1e-5f (jeanphi)
- lots of other small tweaks/bug fixes by radiance, lordcrc, jeanphi and shadowjack
- Significant fixes to bidirectional integrator (those are so significant that if you had scenes rendered with bidirectional you should rerender them)
- remove the warm up phase of the metropolis sampler
- switch to boost 1.39
- lots of bugs and memory leaks fixes
- fix for the longstanding memory eating bug (this can incur a severe performance penalty on computers with lots of cores when using light groups compared to the same scene without light groups, we'd be really interested to hear about it)
- preview rendering fix and ability to read a scene from standard input
- port PBRT 1.4 fixes to LuxRender
- brand new luxmerger tool to merge flm files, this should be most usefull for distributing renders without using the built-in capabilities (this is still alpha quality, let us know of any issue you might find)
- lots of bugs and memory leaks fixes
People who want to download the source code can download the v06 tag files of our HG source code repository here:
And luxblend: http://src.luxrender.net/luxblend/file/bc1e3bef1607
Hg Log since v0.6 RC6:
- Code: Select all
26 hours ago Jean-Philippe Grimaldi Fix a typo.
26 hours ago Jean-Philippe Grimaldi Added tag v06 for changeset a76cf11e123d
26 hours ago Jean-Philippe Grimaldi Update version to v0.6
27 hours ago Jean-Philippe Grimaldi Correct sky intensity.
27 hours ago Jean-Philippe Grimaldi Ignore some more subdirectories.
27 hours ago Jean-Philippe Grimaldi Fix normalization of SWCSpectrum->XYZ conversion.
27 hours ago Jean-Philippe Grimaldi Better prototype for RGBColor->SWCSpectrum conversion.
27 hours ago Jean-Philippe Grimaldi Don't fill the log with message in case of abnormally long strings in the file.
27 hours ago Jean-Philippe Grimaldi Cosmetic fix.
2 days ago Jean-Philippe Grimaldi Merge with upstream.
2 days ago Jean-Philippe Grimaldi Fix a wrong prototype in infinite light. Could cause wrong rendering with portals.
2 days ago Jean-Philippe Grimaldi Fix a weighting error that could cause wrong rendering with architectural glass.
2 days ago Asbjørn Heid Fixed wrong normals for torus shape, see bugtracker id 404.
3 days ago Jean-Philippe Grimaldi Give an error message when a PNG file cannot be opened for output (thanks RenderWilli for spotting it).
3 days ago Jean-Philippe Grimaldi Fix typo in last commit.
3 days ago Jean-Philippe Grimaldi Finish API parameter type detection.
3 days ago Jean-Philippe Grimaldi Fix potential NULL pointer dereference.
4 days ago Jean-Philippe Grimaldi Try to fix issues with architectural glass.
4 days ago Jean-Philippe Grimaldi Cleanup LuxGUI error messages.
5 days ago David Bucciarelli Merge
5 days ago David Bucciarelli Feature request #584: LuxGUI should open a pop up in case of a parsing warning/error
5 days ago Jean-Philippe Grimaldi Fix a small weighting error in bidirectional.
7 days ago Jean-Philippe Grimaldi Complete API parameters type detection (Normal, Point, Vector and RGBColor part).
7 days ago Jean-Philippe Grimaldi Complete API parameters type detection (integer part).
8 days ago Asbjørn Heid Fixed typo in previous commit.
8 days ago Jean-Philippe Grimaldi Merge with upstream.
8 days ago Jean-Philippe Grimaldi Complete API parameters type detection (float part).
8 days ago Asbjørn Heid Added workaround for bug 521.
8 days ago Jean-Philippe Grimaldi Change default matte to a 90% reflector instead of 100%.
9 days ago Jean-Philippe Grimaldi Correctly read PLY mesh normals.
10 days ago Asbjørn Heid Additional fixes similar to fix for bug 583.
10 days ago Asbjørn Heid Fixed bug 583, where some textures fail to transmit.
10 days ago Asbjørn Heid Tabified renderfarm.cpp
11 days ago David Bucciarelli Fixed BUG 582: Luxrender crashes when using 16 threads
13 days ago Jean-Philippe Grimaldi Fix bad copy and paste.
13 days ago Jean-Philippe Grimaldi Fix spectrum sampling for photon mapping.
2 weeks ago Jean-Philippe Grimaldi Fix PLY mesh loading.
2 weeks ago David Bucciarelli New color scheme for LuxGUI log tab
2 weeks ago Jean-Philippe Grimaldi Fix another memory bleed with integrators other than bidir.
2 weeks ago Asbjørn Heid Added Carbonflux to author list, added contact details for myself.
2 weeks ago David Bucciarelli Fixed BUG 570: Opening a scene with an Include command with a wrong file name leads to a crash
2 weeks ago David Bucciarelli Patch 568: colored message in LuxGUI log tab. Reviewed and commited RenderWilli's patch
2 weeks ago Jean-Philippe Grimaldi Fix wrong initialization of temporary files during network rendering.
3 weeks ago Jean-Philippe Grimaldi Fix an issue with metropolis when some contributions have an infinite intensity.
3 weeks ago Asbjørn Heid Fixed compiler error on windows.
3 weeks ago Asbjørn Heid Added proper initialization for rand().
3 weeks ago Asbjørn Heid Prevent division by zero in SetPower() method.
3 weeks ago Jean-Philippe Grimaldi Merge with upstream.
3 weeks ago Jean-Philippe Grimaldi PBRT NaN fixes.
3 weeks ago David Bucciarelli Fixed BUG 564: haltspp option leads to an error on luxball4 rendering
3 weeks ago Asbjørn Heid Reverted fleximage.cpp to a0471eed4264.
3 weeks ago Asbjørn Heid Merge with server.
4 weeks ago Asbjørn Heid Fixed segfault caused by FlexImageFilm::CreateFilmFromFLM
3 weeks ago Jean-Philippe Grimaldi Merge with server.
3 weeks ago Jean-Philippe Grimaldi Prevent too long strings in lxs files from overflowing string bounds.
3 weeks ago David Bucciarelli Fixed BUG 514: fixed the fix, commited the wrong version
3 weeks ago David Bucciarelli Fixed BUG 514: luxconsole crashes on missing images when running as a render node
3 weeks ago David Bucciarelli Fixed BUG 562: Luxconsole -s (Linux 64) fails to network render when material names contain spaces
3 weeks ago Jean-Philippe Grimaldi Fix number of samples transmitted over network and other potential issues with netwok rendering due to type length variation across computers.
3 weeks ago Jean-Philippe Grimaldi Fix include file parsing.
4 weeks ago Jean-Philippe Grimaldi Modify ERPT to more closely resemble metropolis.
4 weeks ago Jean-Philippe Grimaldi Fix the recent problem with metropolis rendering nearly black pictures.