We've worked hard to fix the various glitches that had been noted in v1.3RC1 so here we are with v1.3RC2. This release features mostly bug fixes over v1.3RC1 and should hopefully be quite close to final.
We'll do our best to answer your questions in the forums or in the bug tracker
. Help us make a great v1.3 by testing this RC and reporting issues.
Packages or installers for most platforms have been made available from our downloads page
. Known issues in this release:
- smoke export from Blender is rather tricky and should be improved in final
- hair export from Blender isn't accounting for thickness while the core supports it, it should be fixed in final
This release doesn't yet include the new biased path tracing option that is currently being developed, but it might surface in v1.3 final given the development pace.
Changes since v1.3RC1:
- support for bump and normal maps when using the mix material and the SLG renderer
- fix for the MQBVH accelerator in SLG when all primitives have the same bounding box
- improved preview in Blender (faster and more accurate)
- fix normal generation for loop subdivided meshes and make loopsubdivision more robust (it should no longer hang nor crash)
- make the IES parser accept more valid IES files
- properly compute sky power so that it can be used with importance light sampling strategies
People who want to download the source code can download the v13RC2 tag files of our HG source code repository here:http://src.luxrender.net/lux/file/v13RC2
LuxRays is now a very strong requirement to build LuxRender even when not using OpenCL:http://src.luxrender.net/luxrays/file/luxrender_v1.3RC2
LuxBlend (2.68): http://src.luxrender.net/luxblend25/file/v13RC2