New in 1-6
From LuxRender Wiki
New Features in Luxrender 1.6
- Faster Sobol sampler
- Faster pixel filtering for Path engines
- New transparency attribute for materials, faster than old "mix with null"
- Object mapping for procedural textures
- OpenCL Accelerated Image Pipeline
Variance clamping is an evolution of old radiance clamping and helps to prevent fireflies while preserving the colors of highlights much better.
Sky Ground Color Options
The sky lightsource supports two additional properties:
A new texture for hue/saturation/value manipulation was added.
BACKGROUND_IMG Imagepipeline Plugin
- New, improved image map node (shows thumbnails, can select image from already loaded images in Blender or open a new one)
- Renamed "Null" material node to "Transparent", can now use colored transparency
- "Material Datablock" node to use any scene material in a nodetree (supports materials made in the "old" editor, too)
- Use an OpenCL kernel optimized for live editing in the viewport (reduced number of kernel recompilations)
- Ability to export to the new LuxCoreUI right out of Blender
- Support for pausing/resuming of final renders
LuxCore Node Support
New Light Groups Interface
The light groups interface was reworked and is now capable of live-editing during the final render.
Live-Editing of the Imagepipeline
The image pipeline can now be edited during the final render, making it possible to adjust the brightness, input pass and other parameters.
A convenience function was added to import the RGBA_TONEMAPPED pass directly into Blender as the render result.
Cycles Scene Converter
A simple converter for Cycles to Lux conversion of materials and lights was implemented.