From LuxRender Wiki
Using NK Metal data
In the Metal section of the luxshader attribute editor, you simply need to:
- set Preset to "manual"
- specify an NK file (SOPRA format, same as Indigo uses) in the "NK Data File" attribute.
- set the U/V Exponents
Creating Mix Materials
In total you need 3 luxshaders.
- make 1 the Mix and assign it to your object: http://www.luxrender.net/forum/download.php?id=1114&mode=view
- make 2 other luxshaders as the materials to be mixed. Connect their outColor attrbiutes to the Mix's mixNamed1 and mixNamed2 attributes.
- use the amout attribute in the mix shader to control the blend amount. (you can also attach a texture to amount to make a patterned mix).
Here's an example of some crazy multi-mixing I did as a test (this is approximately Radiance's "Voronite" material)
- Hypershade network: http://www.luxrender.net/forum/download.php?id=926&mode=view
- Render: http://www.luxrender.net/forum/download.php?id=927&t=1