I am new to LuxRender, having just purchased Reality for DAZ Studio. I've found that if I enable GPU Acceleration, LuxRender always crashes after it finishes reading in the scene file generated by Reality. This happens with every scene I've tried, including a very basic one with just a Genesis character and no environment/scenery.
The machine I am using is a Lenovo W520 laptop running 64-bit Windows 7 (fully patched) with an i7-2720QM CPU and Nvidia Quadro 1000M graphics card (it also has the Intel integrated graphics and does "smart switching" between the two GPUs depending on application). The Quadro driver version is 275.93 -- the latest available from Lenovo (because it's a laptop, the Nvidia releases won't install).
The crash occurs with the 0.9 bundle that Pret-a-3D distributes with Reality. I have also downloaded the most recent (Feb 04) weekly development build and the crash also occurs with that.
The error information from the crash from the Feb 04 weekly build when "View Details" is selected:
- Code: Select all
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: luxrender.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4f2d6aeb
Fault Module Name: luxrender.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4f2d6aeb
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00000000003bfc08
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 95e7
Additional Information 2: 95e74133074214d786d0cb8109c5a817
Additional Information 3: b0b6
Additional Information 4: b0b6c9ce8812f4244a0249b16ef9b7bf
Hopefully this is enough info for you all to look into whether this is a bug in LuxRender, or if not, at least point where things might be going wrong on my system.