Welcome one and all, a new LuxRender competition is upon us. The goal of these competitions is to showcase the capabilities of LuxRender and the community of LuxRender artists. The theme for this competition is Materials and Textures. This competition will run to January 31st 2012 23:59:59 UTC, at which time voting will commence.
This competition will be more relaxed than some previous competitions. They don't have to be new, just new to the LuxRender Materials Database. Your example scenes will go in the competition gallery as usual.
1. You must use LuxRender only, no SLG submissions. Use either the latest stable release, a weekly, or compile your own the day you start your render.
2. You must create a new original material or texture.
3. You can use any modeling program/exporter you wish. (Yaay!) Just render in LuxRender (see rule #1).
4. Submissions should be rendered to at least 1000 S/px if possible. Carbonfluxing* a render is not necessary, but it makes them look very nice. Some materials may actually require it to look good.
5. You may NOT
use any textures from the internet, they must be photographed by you only.
6. You may use any scene you wish to showcase your material/texture.
7. You may use materials and textures that you have already created.
8. Yes you can enter as many as you wish.
9. The winner will be chosen by you via a forum poll.
10. Final submissions must be posted to the corresponding competition gallery as normal.
11. The material/texture must be uploaded to the materials database.
Winners will receive a FREE copy of LuxRender, Blender, and a special place in our hearts.
*The term carbonfluxing refers to the fact that Carbonflux typically uses 10000 S/px as a minimum for a render. I.e. 1.0 CFU = 10000 S/px.