As promised when releasing v0.7, we've managed to put together a nice maintenance release for your consumption.
Please note that both v0.7 and this new v0.7.1 might exhibit surges of fireflies on certain scenes. We've not been able to track down the issue, but the upcoming v0.8 version is seemingly immune to the problem and we'll carefully check that it remains like that. If we ever find the bug, we'll release another maintenance version of the v0.7 code base.
Also note that we don't provide the Blender 2.5 exporter due to the still moving target that Blender 2.5 is, it could become obsolete in just a few days, so better check the LuxBlend forum
for the latest releases.
Last note for MacOS users: the render is no longer paused when opening a dialog thanks to fixes in the Qt library.
Thanks to all that have made this release possible, hopefully next announcement will be for v0.8
Here are the download links for the release, they'll replace the ones on the official download page once they are all available:Windows:32 bits SSE1 installer (with new Qt GUI)32 bits SSE2 installer64 bits installer32 bits SSE1 archive (with new Qt GUI)32 bits SSE2 archive64 bits archiveMacOS:Universal installer (MacOS 10.5 and above)Linux:32 bits SSE1 archive32 bits SSE2 archive64 bits SSE2 archive
Changes since v0.7 (mostly bug fixes and a few worthy new features):
- new icons set by patro
- use QBVH instead of Grid as last resort accelerator for the mesh shape
- fix default extension when saving a FLM file
- new luxconsole option to force writing the flm file to disk prior to transmitting it over the network
- lots of point light fixes, most notably with IES data (finally works as expected)
- spot light fix
- photon map improvements
- stop using OpenGL in the GUI (the --noopengl option to luxrender is no more)
- new velvet material
- new mattetranslucent option to enforce energy conservation
- new option to the glossy material to get a more velvety look
- fix volume grid crash
- fix loopsubdiv UV interpolation bug
People who want to download the source code can download the v071 tag files of our HG source code repository here:http://src.luxrender.net/lux/file/9206b3ba7011
And luxblend: http://src.luxrender.net/luxblend/file/f93faf8189c1