I'm releasing some windows sse1 and sse2 binaries of our current CVS,
and the new version of luxblend (current CVS version), the blender exporter,
with presets and material editor which fully supports it.
This release contains all the stuff we've been working on during the last weeks,
and is fully spectral, supports dispersion, has the new sampler infrastructure with MLT and ERPT options,
much faster convergence, new sunsky light, spectral metal material, and much more...
It would be handy if some users can start playing with it and testing it.
NOTE: these contain only the GUI executable, grab the DLL files from our RC4 release to run it (place them all inside the same directory)
below i've listed some important things that need testing,
and also a list of stuff that's known and still needs to be fixed
PLEASE keep your discussions in this thread, and I also advise new people/beginners not to report
any problems with this release in the other forums.
If you encounter an issue, please post a render or screenshot and if possible your blend or .lxs files,
so we can diagnose the problem.
Good testing !
STUFF THAT NEEDS TO BE TESTED
- the issues with the lines on triangles/artifacts should be fixed.
i haven't seen them anymore, but there might still be occurences.
this needs to be reported here if you find them
- the diagonal line bug on core2 or higher CPU's should be solved.
- use lots of textures !
adeb's new texture memory mgmt patches were applied by ratow,
and since it's an invassive change there still might be some bugs here.
- try the different presets for quick previews, MLT, ERPT etc in luxblend
- make sure the parameters for the material editor are properly useable. (eg limits aren't off)
- the 'realistic' camera option in luxblend is not fully implemented yet, so don't use it
- our modifications are fairly new and have not enjoyed much optimization, so it's a bit slow,
nevertheless very useable
- the new spectral sunsky's sun component is slightly too bright in my opinion.
- you might see some black pixels in the skycolour due to a slight threading issue i'm working on.
- lightsources haven't got any whitepoint correction so your render will have a warmer colour tint.
(this can be corrected by rendering to an .igi file and correcting the whitebalance in violet.)
- you might get an error when you close the application. (just click ok!)
Please grab a copy of the engine for sse or sse2 CPU's, and the exporter.
The exporter will prompt you for the location of your luxrender.exe upon first using it.