Queue the music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1BaVur393o
(anyone up to the task of doing something like that with LuxRender?
The LuxRender team has now commited to providing more frequent updates. As a result we are happy to release this first bugfix version of the v0.6 series.
We've done our best to provide you with a high quality product, but nobody's perfect so don't hesitate to report any bug in the forums
or in our bug tracker
Thanks to all those that have made this release possible either by providing source code and ideas or patiently helping us track down issues.
As before we've prepared a set of archives containing everything packaged.
Please download the relevant archives for your platform here
Changes since v0.6:
- lots of network rendering fixes
- some crash fixes
- fix bump mapping which wasn't working correctly in some cases
- improvements to IES file handling
- ability to stop a render after a given amount of time has elapsed
- introduce dynamic epsilon for intersection tests (it should improve rendering of large scale or very small scale geometry)
- the film cropwindow feature should now be useable
- added a shortcut to launch luxconsole as a slave on windows. The script lists the local IP's first so it's easier to configure.
- added an option in the windows installer to add an exception to the windows firewall for luxconsole.
- significant speed up of the mesh loading code
People who want to download the source code can download the v06 tag files of our HG source code repository here:http://src.luxrender.net/lux/rev/36533b0843bd
And luxblend: http://src.luxrender.net/luxblend/rev/4b8109987265
A merry Christmas and a happy new year,