Error - Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy)

Discussion and help for Compilation problems and platform portability.

Moderators: Dade, coordinators

Re: Error - Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy)

Postby Seregost » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:01 am

:( Ok, I've tried to compile the 1.35.0 version of libboost, With the only result of breacking some other package in phyton so now neither blender runs :x I try to fix this problem and download the precompiled binary :cry:
Sorry for my poor english
Seregost

Postby Dade » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:32 am

Seregost wrote::( Ok, I've tried to compile the 1.35.0 version of libboost, With the only result of breacking some other package in phyton so now neither blender runs :x I try to fix this problem and download the precompiled binary :cry:

Compiling Boost libraries is a quite long task. I had about the same problem with some Debian installation (i.e. Debian 5.0 still includes an old version) but precompiled binaries are statically linked with Boost libraries and they work well even on system with old Boost libraries.

Otherwise you can just upgrade your Ubuntu to 9.0.4, it is an automatic and easy process ... and it will take about the same time required for compiling all the Boost libraries :shock:
Dade
Developer

Postby pinko » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:33 am

Infact on my system works fine Blender and Luxrender... you see my PM Seregost???
And you Dade???
ciao
Luca. ;)
Blender 2.72b - Luxrender 1.4RC1
pinko

Postby Seregost » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:15 pm

I cannot upgrade distro because there is a bug in newest kernel versions regarding my mobo :x
Bug report

I've also tried to install opensuse 11 but it doesn't support my DVD player, maybe the last chance is to change the DVD player and installing opensuse :D
Seregost

Postby gagar » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:20 pm

Ah the wonderful world of the mighty penguin! :lol: wink wink
gagar

Postby Dade » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:34 am

Seregost wrote:I cannot upgrade distro because there is a bug in newest kernel versions regarding my mobo :x
Bug report

Quite unlucky, but the statically linked executable do not work for you ? It is the simpler solution if you don't want try to modify the latest sources on your own (the available rc6 binaries are only few days old).
Dade
Developer

Postby Seregost » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:06 am

Ok, switched distro :roll:

On Fedora11 it works :D

Only some warnings. Those are only some of them, but all warnings was quite similar.

Code: Select all
In file included from /home/damiano/programmi/lux/core/sampling.h:30,
                 from /home/damiano/programmi/lux/core/camera.cpp:28:
/home/damiano/programmi/lux/core/contribution.h: In member function ‘bool lux::ContributionBuffer::Add(lux::Contribution*, float)’:
/home/damiano/programmi/lux/core/contribution.h:100: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
/home/damiano/programmi/lux/core/contribution.h:102: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

/home/damiano/programmi/lux/renderer/wxluxgui.cpp: In member function ‘void lux::LuxGui::ChangeRenderState(lux::LuxGuiRenderState)’:
/home/damiano/programmi/lux/renderer/wxluxgui.cpp:290: warning: enumeration value ‘PARSING’ not handled in switch

Notes. I don't now if it happens only on my pc, but the dependancies to install are to implement: boost-devel libtiff libjpeg
Hope this might be usufull for somone :)
Seregost

Postby Dade » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:20 am

Seregost wrote:On Fedora11 it works :D

Good :D

Seregost wrote:Only some warnings. Those are only some of them, but all warnings was quite similar.

It is ok, it happens with gcc. I guess we have to clean up them but they do not harm.
Dade
Developer

Postby Seregost » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:18 am

Ha OK, thanks :D

Little OT, maybe someone now how to solve this issue: in Fedora, all works fine, but the 3D hardware accelleration doesn't want to work well. I've tried several ways to install GPU drivers without success. :roll:
Seregost

Previous

Return to Compilation & Portability