LuxCore: PREMULTIPLY_ALPHA plugin and black background

Discussion related to the implementation of new features & algorithms to the Core Engine.

Moderators: Dade, jromang, tomb, zcott, coordinators

Re: LuxCore: PREMULTIPLY_ALPHA plugin and black background

Postby Dade » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:33 pm

B.Y.O.B. wrote:Blender crashes when I add the PREMULTIPLY_ALPHA plugin during viewport render. It seems only to happen with the OpenCL pipeline.

Does it happen because you don't have alpha channel enabled in viewport rendering ? It is the only reason I can think to. Anyway, I added a safety check.
Dade
Developer

Postby B.Y.O.B. » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:49 pm

Dade wrote:Does it happen because you don't have alpha channel enabled in viewport rendering ?

Might be the case, I think I'm only forcing RGBA AOV to be enabled when the film is set to transparent (it worked until now and I just assumed it would implicitly enable the ALPHA AOV, too). Will look into it tomorrow.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer

Postby B.Y.O.B. » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:20 am

Dade wrote:Does it happen because you don't have alpha channel enabled in viewport rendering ?

I tried again with enabled ALPHA channel (and RGBA_TONEMAPPED) and it still crashes.
Note: I did not have time to recompile yet, so the binary is the same as with the last test.

But it works when I have my "transparent_film" property enabled before I start the viewport render. It only crashes when it was not enabled at startup.
When I enable the alpha channel at startup, it works. I will have to look if the AOVs are enabled correctly during viewport render update.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer

Postby Dade » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:06 pm

B.Y.O.B. wrote:

I tried again with enabled ALPHA channel (and RGBA_TONEMAPPED) and it still crashes.
Note: I did not have time to recompile yet, so the binary is the same as with the last test.

But it works when I have my "transparent_film" property enabled before I start the viewport render. It only crashes when it was not enabled at startup.
When I enable the alpha channel at startup, it works. I will have to look if the AOVs are enabled correctly during viewport render update.

I assume alpha channel is not enabled and you are missing the safety check I added later (to OpenCL related code).
Dade
Developer

Postby jensverwiebe » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:19 pm

Dade wrote:
B.Y.O.B. wrote:

I assume alpha channel is not enabled and you are missing the safety check I added later (to OpenCL related code).

I already tested with the safety check compiled and the crash is gone.
Although would say these should also come out safe exported, there is an issue. Guess order of plugs. I remember i have seen hardcoded pipeline steps for preview.

Jens
jensverwiebe
Developer

Postby B.Y.O.B. » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:50 am

I fixed the problem in LuxBlend now, it was due to a flaw in my update check logic.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer

Previous

Return to Architecture & Design