LuxCore: issues, problems, regressions

Discussion related to the implementation of new features & algorithms to the Core Engine.

Moderators: Dade, jromang, tomb, zcott, coordinators

Re: LuxCore: issues, problems, regressions

Postby Piita » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:08 am

Excellent. Thanks!
Piita

Postby ajcdfin » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:53 pm

Sorry if this is not the correct place to post this... The Windows 32 no open cl archive version is broken for lack of a better term. Double clicking the LuxRender EXE. brings up a window that says "C:\ (path to exe) is not a valid Win32 application"
Also downloaded the installer for same 32b no open cl & it gives same message. Never tried the RC1 version was waiting on the archive package. I don't know where to look for more info so thats all I can give you for now.
system WinXP 32b sp3 intel pentium4 MS Visual C++ 2008/2010/2013
ajcdfin

Postby Dade » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:35 am

ajcdfin wrote:Sorry if this is not the correct place to post this... The Windows 32 no open cl archive version is broken for lack of a better term. Double clicking the LuxRender EXE. brings up a window that says "C:\ (path to exe) is not a valid Win32 application"
Also downloaded the installer for same 32b no open cl & it gives same message. Never tried the RC1 version was waiting on the archive package. I don't know where to look for more info so thats all I can give you for now.
system WinXP 32b sp3 intel pentium4 MS Visual C++ 2008/2010/2013

Are you talking about v1.4RC2 ? The dedicated discussion is here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11369&start=30
Dade
Developer

Postby ajcdfin » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:30 am

Dade, yes , how forgetful of me to not post build version. I was just following the link at the top of that page.
Please report any additional issue you might find here or in our bug tracker.
ajcdfin

Postby ajcdfin » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:21 am

Here is the screenshot from blenders console if it helps
Blender 2.72b - Lux 1.4rc2.jpg
ajcdfin

Postby Dade » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:40 am

ajcdfin wrote:Here is the screenshot from blenders console if it helps

But if you just double-click on the luxrender.exe, what happens ?

I don't have a Windows 32bit so I can not directly do any test (and probably all other developers are in my situation too).
Dade
Developer

Postby ajcdfin » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:12 pm

Dade,
Double clicking brings up the error I mentioned in my first post. The windows error window pops up and says "C:\ (path to exe) is not a valid Win32 application"
I just posted the screen shot so you could see the WinError 193.
Also double clicking any of the EXE files(in that 1.4rc2 folder) gives that same windows error.
I noticed that the files in that folder are much different than in the 1.3 version - prob doesn't matter IDK - just something I noticed.
The thing that really has me baffled is in Blender if I change the LuxRender API from 1.x to 2.x(luxcore) it will render in blenders Image Editor :?
Just wondering if there is a link to version 1.4rc1 to try and see if it works ?
Thanks
ajcdfin

Postby Dade » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:12 am

ajcdfin wrote:Dade,
Double clicking brings up the error I mentioned in my first post. The windows error window pops up and says "C:\ (path to exe) is not a valid Win32 application"
Also double clicking any of the EXE files(in that 1.4rc2 folder) gives that same windows error.
I noticed that the files in that folder are much different than in the 1.3 version - prob doesn't matter IDK - just something I noticed.
The thing that really has me baffled is in Blender if I change the LuxRender API from 1.x to 2.x(luxcore) it will render in blenders Image Editor :?

May be 64bit executables ended in the 32bit archieve, however we need someone else with a 32bit Windows for cross checking, anyone here ?

ajcdfin wrote:Just wondering if there is a link to version 1.4rc1 to try and see if it works ?

All versions of LuxRender are available here: http://www.luxrender.net/release/luxrender/

v1.4rc1 for Windows 32bit is available here: http://www.luxrender.net/release/luxrender/1.4/win/32/
Dade
Developer

Postby neo2068 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:11 am

Dade wrote:
ajcdfin wrote:Dade,

May be 64bit executables ended in the 32bit archieve, however we need someone else with a 32bit Windows for cross checking, anyone here ?

ajcdfin wrote:Just wondering if there is a link to version 1.4rc1 to try and see if it works ?

All versions of LuxRender are available here: http://www.luxrender.net/release/luxrender/

v1.4rc1 for Windows 32bit is available here: http://www.luxrender.net/release/luxrender/1.4/win/32/

I can confirm the behaviour on a virtual machine with win 2000 x86. Luxrender fails with error 'not a valid win32 application'. If I start luxrender x86 on a x64 bit windows it shows that Luxrender is a 32 bit program. :?: If I run the installer, the installation of the VC++ 2013 redistributable package fails with error 193 'not a valid win32 application'. Even if I directly download the installer from microsoft I get the same error.
i7 5820K, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780 + GTX 560, Windows 10 64bit, Blender 2.77a
neo2068
Developer

Postby Dade » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:19 am

neo2068 wrote:I can confirm the behaviour on a virtual machine with win 2000 x86. Luxrender fails with error 'not a valid win32 application'. If I start luxrender x86 on a x64 bit windows it shows that Luxrender is a 32 bit program. :?: If I run the installer, the installation of the VC++ 2013 redistributable package fails with error 193 'not a valid win32 application'. Even if I directly download the installer from microsoft I get the same error.

Very strange, it may something similar to this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7702 ... hich-resul

Is MS dropping the support for old OS ?
Dade
Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Architecture & Design