Luxmark2 and Luxmark3 choose GPU via command line

Discussion related to the implementation of new features & algorithms to the Core Engine.

Moderators: Dade, jromang, tomb, zcott, coordinators

Luxmark2 and Luxmark3 choose GPU via command line

Postby helloworld123 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:47 am

I have a computer with 2 GPUs, one integrated and one normal. Is there a way I can select which GPU to run when running the be benchmarks via command line?

Thanks!
helloworld123

Re: Luxmark2 and Luxmark3 choose GPU via command line

Postby jensverwiebe » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:34 am

helloworld123 wrote:I have a computer with 2 GPUs, one integrated and one normal. Is there a way I can select which GPU to run when running the be benchmarks via command line?

Thanks!

Given you are allowed to acces both, you even would have 3 devices aka cpu / gpu-integrated / gpu-discrete.

Argument would beopencl.devices.select=111 for all 3 for example. A zero would disable a device ( 0 1 1 ) .

Jens
jensverwiebe
Developer

Postby helloworld123 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:39 pm

Where exactly do I set the argument opencl.devices.select? I dowloaded the luxmark binary and run the benchmark via command line as follows:

/Desktop/LuxMark.app/Contents/MacOS/LuxMark --scene=LUXBALL_HDR --mode=BENCHMARK_OCL_GPU --single-run

Thanks.
helloworld123

Postby jensverwiebe » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:32 pm

Hmmm, seems i remembered it wrong.
Tested myself and it only worked if i add this line into the apppropriate render.cfg.
Important: the gui will still show all choosen, but the stats show the argument was accepted.
Sorry for my error, i was sure extra args were added. Did not touch this code for ages.
I had in mind -Dopencl.devices.select=100 etc., but those defines only work for the consoles.
So again: please edit your .cfg temporary and according to your setup.

Jens
jensverwiebe
Developer

Return to Architecture & Design