Competition: LuxRender 0.8 Splash Screen (closed)

Post and discuss your competition entries here!

Moderators: Dade, binarycortex, coordinators

Forum rules
1. All competition entries must be a new original work unless otherwise specified during a competition.
2. All submissions must be uploaded to the corresponding competition gallery no later than the date specified in the competition post.

Re: LuxRender 0.8 Splash Screen Competition

Postby hishnash » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:38 am

B.Y.O.B. wrote:
binarycortex wrote:
A-man wrote:Is there a test scene available with a homogenous volume working correctly? I haven't been able to get it to work. I want to have an atmospheric effect (dust). Or is there a simple few steps I need to take that someone could share?

Do you want a .blend or a .lxs type version?

I would need a .blend, didn't get volumetric fog working, too.

im not shore if this is what you want but i did a blog post a short while ago:
[url]http://blender-dev.blogspot.com/2011/02/volumetric-scattering-in-luxrender.html
[/url]
(it is very hard to get this affect if you are using a open environment, (you need to render for ages and ages before anything become clear)
hishnash

Postby B.Y.O.B. » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:51 am

hishnash wrote:im not shore if this is what you want but i did a blog post a short while ago:
link
(it is very hard to get this affect if you are using a open environment, (you need to render for ages and ages before anything become clear)

Thank you, it worked at the first try! All my tests before didn't work. I bookmarked your article ;)

edit: But I'd use the world*-medium as the foggy air, and an other medium as the clean air outside (less occupated space in the material tabs).
B.Y.O.B.
Developer

Postby B.Y.O.B. » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:17 am

What about the one who started with the "Abandoned Atelier" on the Secret Spaces competition? His artwork would fit very well as a splashscreen, I think (when it's finished, of course).
edit: found it ;) Go on with that, moure!!!
B.Y.O.B.
Developer

Postby moure » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:56 am

hey as of the abandoned atelier i didnt manage to finish it on time for the secret space competition,as i had some family issues and i had to be for the last days of the competition without pc.but im working on something similar for the splash screen one, i hope ill make this one till the end! :D
moure
Developer

Postby binarycortex » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:08 pm

moure wrote:hey as of the abandoned atelier i didnt manage to finish it on time for the secret space competition,as i had some family issues and i had to be for the last days of the competition without pc.but im working on something similar for the splash screen one, i hope ill make this one till the end! :D

Yes please do, I was upset that it didn't make it in there.
Competition Coordinator.
Current Competition: Math is Beautiful / Abstract Wallpaper

Member of the first official jeanphi-fan club
binarycortex
Developer

Postby namekuseijin » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:37 pm

awesome! I'm getting all warmed up again with CG thanks to both the awesome developments in Lux and Blender...

I'll try to get something cooking. But before that I should compile Lux, since the binaries ask for a higher Libc. Unfortunately, I'm sure it'll ask for all brand-new boost as well. Oh, well, guess I'll just upgrade Ubuntu yet again...
namekuseijin

Postby J the Ninja » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:08 pm

Um.....BinaryCortex? My biodome scene is ready for upload, but it looks like you forgot to enable uploading to the competition gallery for normal users.
-Jason Stuff
J the Ninja
Developer

Postby binarycortex » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:10 pm

J the Ninja wrote:Um.....BinaryCortex? My biodome scene is ready for upload, but it looks like you forgot to enable uploading to the competition gallery for normal users.

My bad, fixed.
Competition Coordinator.

binarycortex
Developer

Postby vimax » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:09 am

I regret very much the timeframe for this competition as I had some nice ideas I wanted to try out but this month is just crazy and I literally don't have any time to put into this.
Is it ok to submit the drop image cooked a little longer?
vimax

Postby binarycortex » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:58 am

vimax wrote:I regret very much the timeframe for this competition as I had some nice ideas I wanted to try out but this month is just crazy and I literally don't have any time to put into this.
Is it ok to submit the drop image cooked a little longer?

Does it meet the requirements?
Competition Coordinator.

binarycortex
Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Competitions