SU2LUX 0.45 released

Discussion related to the exporter plugin for SketchUp.

Moderators: Dade, Ratow, coordinators

Re: SU2LUX 0.45 released

Postby TomaszDrgas » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:31 pm

Had same problem.. you have to increase brightness (gain it is cold in LUX) of the background image.. You will not get background image with nice shadows from the sun.. If Sun is strong enough to make sharp shadows than background is so weak that it becomes black.. but it is there.. Somehow the values for sun and image brightness are not absolute but decide about proportions of which light is used, added and then it is redused to some reasonable level..
At least looks like that from what i've tried. If I change image brightness (Gain) to 1000 or 50000 emage overall brightness is the same just changes the balance of colours and sharpness of shadows..
IN LUXRENDER not in SU2LUX plugin.
Last edited by TomaszDrgas on Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like sKetchup.
TomaszDrgas

Postby heartking » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:59 am

Please send senttings attachment images for sketchup 2015 I searched on youtube but there is nothing for SU Luxrender settings, Please Share Attachment Images Of settings
heartking

Postby TomaszDrgas » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:23 pm

Sorry I was using not correct terminology.. I didn't play with lux for a while and don't have it on my comp wright now.. As I remember render is done outside of sketchup.. so there is a WIKI about luxrender..

http://www.luxrender.net/wiki/LuxRender_Light_groups

This is part about light groups.. Word which i should use is "Gain" not brightness. You probably have nice shadows from Sun now but Black background. If you give lots of gain to your background image (again not shure about naming but it will be there as one of light groups) - 1000~5000 maybe more.. you will see your background. But shadows will soften a lot like in cloudy day even if it is nice shiny background.. or maybe I didn't try HDR on that time.. And if it is a jpg (LDR) image in background it will influence a colours a lot..

I mean logicly thinking if you give 10000 gain to any light in your model it should just give a plain white image, but it doesn't work like that.. Gain only determines balance between lights and overall brightness LUX somehow menages internally..
I like sKetchup.
TomaszDrgas

Postby B.Y.O.B. » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:58 am

TomaszDrgas wrote:and overall brightness LUX somehow menages internally..

It depends on your tonemapper. There are automatic tonemappers like reinhard that do what you describe, but there are also non-automatic tonemappers (like linear) where you can control everything manually.

The reason why you have to crank up the gain of most HDRIs so much is that they are not using the full HDRI range that would be possible.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer

Postby TomaszDrgas » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:00 pm

Good to know.. I didn't go that deep into settings.. I might have even used jpg only which was the reason why it influenced the colors of sceens so much.. Waiting for next relese of Su2Lux to play with it again..
I like sKetchup.
TomaszDrgas

Lux Core Render

Postby TomaszDrgas » Tue May 01, 2018 10:26 pm

Will there be a new exporter.. ?? Su2LCR? :cry:
I like sKetchup.
TomaszDrgas

Postby B.Y.O.B. » Thu May 03, 2018 4:44 pm

If a developer is interested in writing one, we will give him any support we can offer.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer

Previous

Return to SU2LUX (SketchUp Exporter)