LuxCore Binary SDK

Weekly builds for testing and use between releases.

Moderators: Dade, coordinators

Forum rules
Please read the information / sticky post for some basic information regarding these builds/support.

Re: LuxCore Binary SDK

Postby Dade » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:31 am

zukazuka wrote:I can't find recent 1.7 linux builds for luxcore (non SDK).

- when you mean you can use luxcoreui luxconsole ect - does this mean I can use the binary SDK in place of regular lux 1.7 builds?

It seems all the weeklies are win64 and mac but no recent linux builds... wondering if I can use this as a substitute


Yes, the SDK includes pre-compiled binaries, DLLs and python module so you can use them as a replacement for weeklies.

P.S. if you use LuxBlend, I have found a bug yesterday causing a problem with Python, I'm going to update the SDK builds. For LuxBlend there is also the problem that it needs some update to work with latest binaries because of the "BIASPATH" into " "TILEPATH" change.
User avatar
Dade
Developer
 
Posts: 8404
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:04 pm
Location: Italy

Re: LuxCore Binary SDK

Postby Dade » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:59 am

Binaries updated.
User avatar
Dade
Developer
 
Posts: 8404
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:04 pm
Location: Italy

Re: LuxCore Binary SDK

Postby B.Y.O.B. » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:10 am

Nice.
By the way, I started yesterday with a little testproject (LuxCore + Qt C++ GUI), maybe to revive the old "LuxCoreGUI" idea (will have to find a different name obviously).
So far the SDK is really easy to use (but of course I already know LuxCore a bit from the Python side).

The only problem I stumbled upon is that when I include luxcore.h in my mainwindow.h header file, I get this error: multiple definition of `luxcore::LuxCore_LogHandler'
Code: Select all
clang++ -ccc-gcc-name g++ -o LuxCoreGUI main.o mainwindow.o moc_mainwindow.o   -L/home/simon/Projekte/qt/LuxCoreGUI/luxcore-sdk/lib/ -lluxcore -lQt5Widgets -L/usr/X11R6/lib64 -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -lQt5Gui -lQt5Core -lGL -lpthread
mainwindow.o:(.bss+0x0): multiple definition of `luxcore::LuxCore_LogHandler'
main.o:(.bss+0x0): first defined here
moc_mainwindow.o:(.bss+0x0): multiple definition of `luxcore::LuxCore_LogHandler'
main.o:(.bss+0x0): first defined here
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

This doesn't happen when I include luxcore.h in my mainwindow.cpp source file.
So for now I just forward-declare all luxcore classes I need in my header file (luckyly they are all pointers so I don't need the direct include).

scrn_11-04-2017_11-26-42.png

Is this a known problem or am I just making a stupid mistake?
User avatar
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
 
Posts: 5180
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:10 pm
Location: Germany

Re: LuxCore Binary SDK

Postby Dade » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:05 am

B.Y.O.B. wrote:The only problem I stumbled upon is that when I include luxcore.h in my mainwindow.h header file, I get this error: multiple definition of `luxcore::LuxCore_LogHandler'
Code: Select all
clang++ -ccc-gcc-name g++ -o LuxCoreGUI main.o mainwindow.o moc_mainwindow.o   -L/home/simon/Projekte/qt/LuxCoreGUI/luxcore-sdk/lib/ -lluxcore -lQt5Widgets -L/usr/X11R6/lib64 -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -lQt5Gui -lQt5Core -lGL -lpthread
mainwindow.o:(.bss+0x0): multiple definition of `luxcore::LuxCore_LogHandler'
main.o:(.bss+0x0): first defined here
moc_mainwindow.o:(.bss+0x0): multiple definition of `luxcore::LuxCore_LogHandler'
main.o:(.bss+0x0): first defined here
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

This doesn't happen when I include luxcore.h in my mainwindow.cpp source file.


I think is the result of all Windows-ish __declspec(dllexport)/__declspec(dllimport) mess and compiling LuxCore as DLL.

If you define the pre-processor symbol "LUXCORE_DLL" in you project, you should not have this problem.
User avatar
Dade
Developer
 
Posts: 8404
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:04 pm
Location: Italy

Re: LuxCore Binary SDK

Postby B.Y.O.B. » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:16 am

I tried this but I still get the same errors:
Code: Select all
#define LUXCORE_DLL
#include "luxcore/luxcore.h"

I'm on 64 bit Linux (Ubuntu) by the way and I use the non-OpenCL SDK version.
User avatar
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
 
Posts: 5180
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:10 pm
Location: Germany

Re: LuxCore Binary SDK

Postby klayman » Tue May 02, 2017 11:59 pm

I downloaded the non-opencl linux build to try out the latest changes in luxcore. It seems to render fine with luxcore, but there are no material previews in blender. The error is "Unknown render engine type in RenderEngine::ToProperties(): BIASPATHCPU".
User avatar
klayman
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:21 am
Location: Russia

Re: LuxCore Binary SDK

Postby acasta69 » Wed May 03, 2017 1:12 am

klayman wrote:I downloaded the non-opencl linux build to try out the latest changes in luxcore. It seems to render fine with luxcore, but there are no material previews in blender. The error is "Unknown render engine type in RenderEngine::ToProperties(): BIASPATHCPU".

This could be because Luxblend is not yet updated with the new Luxcore engine names (e.g. TILEPATHCPU instead of BIASPATHCPU).
Windows 10 64 bits, i7-4770 3.4 GHz, RAM 16 GB, GTX 970 4GB v382.05
acasta69
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:18 am

Re: LuxCore Binary SDK

Postby klayman » Wed May 03, 2017 1:34 am

acasta69 wrote:This could be because Luxblend is not yet updated with the new Luxcore engine names (e.g. TILEPATHCPU instead of BIASPATHCPU).

Got it, thanks. It's what Dade wrote about. For some reason I thought it's already fixed.
User avatar
klayman
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:21 am
Location: Russia

Re: LuxCore Binary SDK

Postby burnin » Mon May 15, 2017 7:29 am

Heads up. LuxBlend is updated now. ;)

I finally found the time to finish the changes necessary for the new renderengine names. I hope I didn't break anything.
You can now (and have to) use LuxBlend with the latest LuxCore binaries.
Those are available from the binary sdk: LuxCore Binary SDK

- source post -
burnin
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 8:04 pm

Re: LuxCore Binary SDK

Postby klayman » Mon May 15, 2017 8:12 am

burnin wrote:Heads up. LuxBlend is updated now. ;)

Thanks to Simon for working on this, and thanks burnin for notice!
User avatar
klayman
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:21 am
Location: Russia

PreviousNext

Return to Weekly Testing Builds

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest