LuxC4D 0.03

Discussion related to the 'LuxC4D' exporter plugin for Maxon Cinema 4D.

Moderators: Ratow, coordinators

Re: LuxC4D 0.03

Postby abstrax » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:11 pm

Hi Sascha,

If you want I can also build a version that exports only trianglemesh shapes and which should also run in Lux 0.5.

Cheers,
Marcus
abstrax

Postby Szasa » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:56 pm

abstrax wrote:If you want I can also build a version that exports only trianglemesh shapes and which should also run in Lux 0.5.

Hey Marcus,

thx for the offer, but to me it isn't really a big deal to go with the weekly build. So go for the quads :)
Was just lurking at your source code in the cvs and I must say that you really are an genius for me. This source of information is invaluable.
I really hope that your enthusiasm will hold on and you're pushing this lovely piece to its limits...maybe maybe an integration in C4d-Windows itself, we will see.
I'm also looking forward for your ideas how you will translate C4D Materials to Lux or are you going to integrate Lux Materials in C4D as "Dummy" objects (this is how I called them in my exporter)? Anyway I'm looking forward to your progress!

Great work man!

Sascha
Szasa

Postby abstrax » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:28 am

Hi all,

Just to let you know: I have updated sources in CVS and will now continue with the light tag.

@Sascha: If you are already working on an exporter (for Lux?), why not help out with LuxC4D? I think, the users would be very happy about more frequent updates ;)

Cheers,
Marcus
abstrax

Postby Szasa » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:45 am

abstrax wrote:@Sascha: If you are already working on an exporter (for Lux?), why not help out with LuxC4D? I think, the users would be very happy about more frequent updates ;)

NoNo not for Lux :)

If I could, I would help you on this one, but to be honest as far as I see you're playing in another league of programming right now :D
But I will see, if I can help on some topics that aren't outside my scope.

Bye

Sascha
Szasa

Previous

Return to LuxC4D (Maxon Cinema 4D Exporter)