Luxmark unable to complete request

Discussion related to the Website functionality, user accounts and graphic design.

Moderators: Dade, coordinators

Luxmark unable to complete request

Postby neroe23[TheOne] » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:56 am

Yeah so I wanted to check luxmark to see which graphics card were at the top. The home page loads without problem but when trying to sort results by clicking on the links on the left, the error message appears:
"Unable to Complete Request
You can go to the home page or try again."

And this for each and every link of the homepage.
I don't remember needing to be logged in to access to pages but I might be mistaken...
I Like Lemons And Caustics.
neroe23[TheOne]

Re: Luxmark unable to complete request

Postby Dade » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:34 pm

The service is not working since all the web site was moved to the new hosting.
Dade
Developer

Postby neroe23[TheOne] » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:42 am

I had suspicions but now I'm sure. Any plans to get it back up and running ?
I Like Lemons And Caustics.
neroe23[TheOne]

Postby Dade » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:16 am

neroe23[TheOne] wrote:I had suspicions but now I'm sure. Any plans to get it back up and running ?

LuxMark v3.0 code would be ready but I'm apparently no one is interested to donate a scene for the benchmark (I asked to but in the best case I didn't received an answer, in the worst they asked me money for a scene ... they can kindly go to the hell).

LuxMark v3.0 has also a brand new site ready: http://www.luxmark.info

But if no one fixes the old stuff (it is not something under my control) and no one provides a couple of scenes for v3.0, we are left in the middle of the road.
Dade
Developer

Postby Abel » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:53 am

Dade wrote:LuxMark v3.0 code would be ready but I'm apparently no one is interested to donate a scene for the benchmark

I'm quite surprised to hear that as I think having one's scene used in a benchmark is rather cool. If you like, I'd happily share this one: download/file.php?id=20406&mode=view (with the parts outside of the view chopped off as it is rather high poly). By using a more complex material, it can be quite a challenge to render.

I suspect that a news post on Blendernation might result in quite a few reactions too, or alternatively any model licensed under CC-0 on Blendswap should be free for that taking - or maybe even a new topic here as I'm sure many people must have overlooked your initial request.
Abel
Developer

Postby jensverwiebe » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:15 am

Abel wrote:
Dade wrote:LuxMark v3.0 code would be ready but I'm apparently no one is interested to donate a scene for the benchmark

I'm quite surprised to hear that as I think having one's scene used in a benchmark is rather cool. If you like, I'd happily share this one: download/file.php?id=20406&mode=view (with the parts outside of the view chopped off as it is rather high poly). By using a more complex material, it can be quite a challenge to render.

I suspect that a news post on Blendernation might result in quite a few reactions too, or alternatively any model licensed under CC-0 on Blendswap should be free for that taking - or maybe even a new topic here as I'm sure many people must have overlooked your initial request.

I'am too quite surprised. Also i offered doing a scene on demand expecially for LuxMark3, but the choice seemed already decided at that point.
But before someone gets money for having free publicity in our widely used bench, i'd rather say let's use what our own team can provide.
We have enough artists/coders. I'am not o.k. with doing all the work and others take away a good chance for showing up artwork.

Jens
jensverwiebe
Developer

Postby Dade » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:42 am

At the moment I have 2 scenes. One is just the classic LuxBall (candidate for simple benchmark):

small.png

and the other is SATva's Neumann TLM-102 Special Edition (candidate for large or medium benchmark):

med.png

(note: I need to implement film response in LuxCore before to be able to use this scene in LuxMark but it isn't a big deal).

I would really like to include a scene from DAZ or Poser. I have contacted few artists and Paolo but I have not been able to obtain anything up to now :roll:
Dade
Developer

Postby Pilchard123 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:51 am

Dade wrote:few artists and Paolo

Well there's nice(!)
Pilchard123

Return to Website & Graphic design