that is great news - that should make the new cmake configuration work on all supported platforms (Linux, OSX and Win).
Thanks for the effort you put into it. This will save us all a lot of time down the line when we're able to maintain a single
build system instead of the fragmented multitude of different project files maintained across platforms atm.
The differentiation between LuxRays and luxrays is that LuxRays is the whole project that includes all of the samples too
and luxrays is the library that we link against.
In Visual Studio Terms one would be the solution (LuxRays) while the other is the project (luxrays).
I'm not familiar with XCode but I'm sure there is a similiar concept there.
I'm not too happy with the naming convention there and I've expressed my wish to change some of that before but
I did not wish to barge in and change essential parts. I'd rather have the lib named libluxrays or something similar
making the whole thing much clearer. But this is something we can change later on.
LuxRays_BIN_DIR is as far as I know predefined by cmake - I'm only able find documentation for (PROJECT_NAME)_BINARY_DIR
but this is one of the things I've taken over from the old files that worked without understanding where it came from.
But cmake complains about undefined variables if you name it different from the project name (matching case is important).
Sets the name of the project. Additionally this sets the variables <projectName>_BINARY_DIR and <projectName>_SOURCE_DIR to the respective values.
So there is a reason for having different case versions of luxrays vs LuxRays and I hope I did not use them wrong
at the right places but at the same time they shouldn't be changed to all be the same case unless we rename the
library to make the distinction clearer.