To build it, just follow these steps:
- install Xcode and X11 SDK (you can find last version from: http://developer.apple.com/tools/download/ );
- download the LuxRender sources from CVS;
- download the necessary libraries sources (boost, fltk, libpng, ilmbase & openexr);
- delete the "boost" directory from the "lux" sources root;
- extract the libraries sources in the "lux" directory, keeping the library root directory but deleting version numbers (ex: boost_1_34_1 -> boost, fltk-1.1.x-r5953 -> fltk, etc...);
- put the "LuxRender.xcodeproj" in the "lux" directory, open it, select the right Release build (i368 or ppc) and "Build and Go" (select the "luxconsole" target to build the console version).
- executable targets runs from terminal, but can be included in a simple ".app" package to run it with double click; anyway, LuxRender needs a good icon .
- this build method is made to create a non-fat executable, keeping only the target build architecture (luxrender executable is about 3.3MB).
- tested with boost 1.34.1, fltk 1.1.x-r5953, libpng 1.2.22, ilmbase 1.0.1 and openexr 1.6.1.
- boost: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... up_id=7586
- fltk: http://www.fltk.org/software.php
- libpng: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... up_id=5624
- ilmbase & openexr: http://www.openexr.com/downloads.html
PS: sorry for my bad english.