How to do trail path with motion blur ?

Please use this forum for general user support and related questions.

Moderator: coordinators

Forum rules
Please include your operating system type/version, LuxRender version and Exporter version used when submitting a support post.

Make sure you have read the Release forum thread for Release and RC (Release Candidates) builds as these threads contain information on known problems and workarounds: Test Builds Forum

How to do trail path with motion blur ?

Postby luxRoot » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:59 pm

I want a rock / glossy brown sphere to leave a motion blur path trail behind it, so I animated the rock rendered the frames, merged, and got wha'ts in the attachments, and it seems like the last frame though it doesn't have motion blur applied to it is lacking opacity, is there a way to make the rock more opaque (a fancy word for non-transparent :D )?
Attachments
Blur.png
Blur.png (284.41 KiB) Viewed 173 times
luxRoot - rooted to Lux.
luxRoot

Re: How to do trail path with motion blur ?

Postby Lord Crc » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:32 pm

You could render the last frame multiple times (to different flms), then merge them all.
May contain traces of nuts.
Lord Crc
Developer

Postby luxRoot » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:12 am

What is the ratio ? I mean how may frames of the last frame should I have in comparison to the mo-blur ones ?
luxRoot - rooted to Lux.
luxRoot

Postby Lord Crc » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:16 am

Depends on how strong you want the effect, the more samples per pixel at the final frame the stronger the effect. If you render all frames at a fixed SPP count, then you can repeat render the last frame and merge into the main flm for each iteration, and simply stop when you're happy.

edit: if you want absolutely no transparency for the end object, then I think a different approach is better. Clone your object and place the clone in the end position without motion blur (without movement). Then just render the subframes as usual and merge.
May contain traces of nuts.
Lord Crc
Developer

Return to LuxRender User Support