GordPronk wrote:I am completely new to Blender and LuxRender, so apologize if I am missing the obvious.
I have Blender 2.59 installed and working properly on a MacOSX 10.6.8 computer.
I am trying without success to install LuxRender v08. it all seems to work fine, but it does not show up in the Render drop down menu as I assume it should.
These are the instructions I am following and I have made notes in the place where I am possibly going wrong. I am not a technical writer but it would seem to be common sense that when the interface is as "non-standard" as the Blender interface is, the person writing these instructions would be very precise and clear. I am completely new to this and I feel that those involved in this community need to be very clear so that newcomers are not frustrated and intimidated:
1. In the same folder where you found these installation instructions, there is a file called download_LuxBlend25_addon.webloc. Double clicking this item will download a file containing the LuxBlend25 exporter, packed in a zip file.
2. After having downloaded the zip file, place it in a convenient location – for example the LuxRender folder in your Applications folder. It's best not to unpack the zip file.
3. Start Blender, go to preferences → addons and click the “install addon” button. [Does this mean "User Preference"? I assume "Yes". Also "addons" should read "Add-Ons". Is this correct? I should click the "Add-Ons" button in the horizontal list of buttons along the top of the "User Perferences" panel, correct? ] Yes
4. Browse to the location of the zip file mentioned under step two. [I believe I did this correctly.This is a non standard interface that should be described clearly for users who are unfamiliar with it.] "Install add-on" opens Blender's file browser, use that to navigate to the add-on
5. You should now see the luxrender addon listed in the addons menu. Click the box on the right to activate it.
6. As last step press "save as default" button or do "ctrl-u" keycommand to make the activation of addon persistent.
7. For further instructions about starting a rendering, please visit http://www.luxrender.net/wiki/LuxBlend_ ... structions