Welcome to the first official LuxRender competition. The goal of this competition is to showcase the capabilities of LuxRender and the community of LuxRender artists. The theme for this competition is "Fire and Ice" so take inspiration from anywhere and go nuts.
1. You must use LuxRender, either the latest stable release, use a weekly, or compile your own the day you start your render. There is a separate SLG competition.
2. You must create a new original work, you cannot re-render something you have already done. Reusing old models is acceptable.
3. You can use any modeling program/exporter you wish. (Yaay!) Just render in LuxRender (see rule #1).
4. Submissions should be rendered to at least 1000 S/px. Carbonfluxing* a render is not necessary.
5. The only post production allowed is what is built in to LuxRender. (We are trying to showcase LuxRender, not Gimp or Photoshop.)
6. The time frame for this competition is 1 month. Submissions after December 20th will not be considered. (If you are only at 900 S/px on December 19th post it anyway.)
7. The winner will be chosen by you via a forum poll.
8. Post only your final submission here. (Questions are also allowed.) Use your own WIP post for previews and C&C as you go.
The winners will receive a FREE copy of LuxRender and Blender.
*The term carbonfluxing refers to the fact that Carbonflux typically uses 10000 S/px as a minimum for a render.
Last edited by binarycortex
on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:12 am, edited 5 times in total.