I worked on the small lilies and on the relief on the mitra.
Actually this gave me quite a headache, as I ran into some strange bump mapping issues in combination with subdivision and uv mapping, where the unwrapped mesh extends beyond the limits of the mapped image. The effect is, that some part of the mesh gets bumpmapped and the other part too, but with totally different bumpmapping values
. I will try to boil this down to a simple example and will post it later for discussion.
Another thing I do not really understand, is how the light intensity of mesh lights ( given in Watt and efficiency) and the lighting from an environment map correlate. I tried a map (st.peters cathedral) as hdr and ldr and always the intensity of the environment seems to by a factor ~100000 greater than that of the combined lights.
The light wattage is at around 600 Watt and I have to set the lights gain to 100 and the environment gain to 0.001 to have the meshlights as main lights. This strikes me as somewhat unnatural, as if I were in this cathedral with a 600 Watt lamp at very close range to the crown, I would see the light as main contributor to the overall lighting.
Here's an update with all the pieces done so far.