Google+ community for Luxrender

News & Announcements regarding releases, features, exporters and project coordination.

Moderators: Dade, coordinators

Google+ community for Luxrender

Postby tomb » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:43 am

Hi,

I've added a Google+ community for Luxrender: https://plus.google.com/communities/106 ... 3935773464

I'll try to keep it up to date with the latest developments, but it will not in any way be a substitute for this forum...

EDIT: and please do contribute stuff, it's an open "community" so everyone can post whatever :)

T
tomb
Developer

Re: Google+ community for Luxrender

Postby Carbonflux » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:24 am

Now I have a reason to join google + :)

Thanks.
www.carbonflux.org - photographing the imagination.
Carbonflux
Developer

Postby Carbonflux » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:36 am

I just wanted to bump this thread so that more people might notice this option, this community seems to be getting off to a good start, I think G+ could be a good "social media" anchor for the luxrender community, mostly because its not facebook, luxrender does not really have a single face imo ;) - The posts are like leaves or chunks of wood you throw into a river. 10,000 years from now historians might read them and wonder why we did not notice the effects of EM fields on human sanity.

Anyway, BUMP.
www.carbonflux.org - photographing the imagination.
Carbonflux
Developer

Postby tigusoft » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:03 am

Since last post, we had prism... and not the good kind, but PRISM.

Is it too late to start community in some alternative that is not part of this? There are some to choose on: https://prism-break.org/
tigusoft

Postby abhifx » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:27 am

tomb wrote:Hi,

I've added a Google+ community for Luxrender: https://plus.google.com/communities/106 ... 3935773464

I'll try to keep it up to date with the latest developments, but it will not in any way be a substitute for this forum...

EDIT: and please do contribute stuff, it's an open "community" so everyone can post whatever :)

T

the facebook page is kind of deserted. i hope this is better
abhifx

Postby Rhys » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:11 am

Is there any way you can use this account to open a youtube channel with a clean name? It would be nice to have somewhere 'official' we can put tutorials and demo videos etc. 'luxrender' on Youtube unfortunately is already used by someone else (oddly enough).

Does anyone have thoughts on this? I looked at Vimeo and 'luxrender' is available there however the free account does not enable HD embedding.
Rhys

Postby tomb » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:55 pm

It's not really an "account", but a "community" - not sure if there is a way to connect it to youtube, tips and suggestions are welcome :)
tomb
Developer

Postby Rhys » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:47 pm

Ah ok and it seems Youtube has removed its groups system which would be equivalent I suppose.

Youtube only allows letters and numbers in it's names so if we wanted a youtube account it would need to be something like, luxrenderengine, luxrendersoftware, luxrenderofficial, luxrendering, luxrender3d etc.
Rhys

Postby danstermeister » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:22 am

As long as we're talking about various communities, I recently got the moderator role for the LuxRender subreddit on reddit.com. It was abandoned and so I requested it and got it. However the devs feel it should be run I'll be happy to comply with; in the meantime I plan to tastefully 'dress it up' a bit so the page has a bit more personality about it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/luxrender/
danstermeister
Developer

Return to News & Announcements