The true understatement is the one with the butterfly... the colors are just beutifull... I can't remember why I didn't vote for that!
Every image has "breaking points", where size and postioning completly changes another size impression of the same image.
- entry1: no changes since the complexity of full render size is visible as miniature still - the breaking point would be when the bluish lines are only 1-2 pixel in width.
- entry 3: suffered by a standard procedural texture on the ground and material settings on other parts (overlit TV, slighty "too burned" background,..) which might need to be improved on the full HD render. Miniature deleted that impression and made it look really good. TBH: as miniature one might consider it a photo were it not for the slightly unproportional foreground items.
- entry 8: suffers heavily from the saturated entries 7 and 9 and made a good render look subpar.
- entry 12: got a very distinct and special style. Of course it heavily relies on personal taste, still entry 11 and 13 around it kill the overall impression of entry 12 completly.
- entry 14 and 15: look much better at full render size.
Mark me: I dont complain about this happening here or not, its just to show the issue. For luxrender I am happy for xray's entry and its positioning since this entry will look good as a website header on full width as well as a miniature splash screen (and yes I voted xray's image too due to that). Some of the above renders being used at full size for luxrender imho could have hurt the luxrender cause.