LuxRender v1.6RC1 Release

News & Announcements regarding releases, features, exporters and project coordination.

Moderators: Dade, coordinators

Re: LuxRender v1.6RC1 Release

Postby bluecd » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:07 pm

Great we have such progress, congrats ))
Btw: did anybody succeded above build w/Blender or Sketchup ?
I could not.

cheers,
bluecd
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:10 am

Re: LuxRender v1.6RC1 Release

Postby SATtva » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:52 am

bluecd wrote:Btw: did anybody succeded above build w/Blender or Sketchup ?

Please read the release notes. The build is not compatible with Blender 2.77.
Linux builds packager
聞くのは一時の恥、聞かぬのは一生の恥
User avatar
SATtva
Developer
 
Posts: 7162
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:19 pm
Location: from Siberia with love

Re: LuxRender v1.6RC1 Release

Postby Abel » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:50 am

bluecd wrote:Btw: did anybody succeded above build w/Blender or Sketchup ?
I could not.

For SketchUp, this release candidate should work fine with the current version of SU2LUX. If it doesn't, please start at topic on the SU2LUX subforum with the issues you're having, so we can make it work. :)
User avatar
Abel
Developer
 
Posts: 1847
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:13 am
Location: Stuttgart, Germany

Re: LuxRender v1.6RC1 Release

Postby bluecd » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:17 am

Abel wrote:
bluecd wrote:Btw: did anybody succeded above build w/Blender or Sketchup ?
I could not.

For SketchUp, this release candidate should work fine with the current version of SU2LUX. If it doesn't, please start at topic on the SU2LUX subforum with the issues you're having, so we can make it work. :)


I have had already but they dont seem to like me there, no response for a long time, busy? ;-))
Anyway would REALLY interesting to have Sketchup and Blender exporters fully functional with THIS stage of Luxrender development because of: OpenCL SDK improvements by AMD, Luxrender great speedup and improvement.
Actually it could be one of three default renderers in Blender (Cycles, Luxrender and eg.Mitsuba)


viewtopic.php?f=35&t=12228&start=30#p118570
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=12171&start=10#p118590

also for a bit larger models (>10MB) Luxrender just does not open its GUI.
bluecd
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:10 am

Re: LuxRender v1.6RC1 Release

Postby Abel » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:47 am

bluecd wrote:I have had already but they dont seem to like me there, no response for a long time, busy? ;-))

Right, so it is not specific to this release. I do expect major improvements in SU2LUX's export to LuxCore this year, we already have a plan but there are a couple of hurdles to take.
User avatar
Abel
Developer
 
Posts: 1847
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:13 am
Location: Stuttgart, Germany

Re: LuxRender v1.6RC1 Release

Postby dukejib » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:56 am

SATtva wrote:
bluecd wrote:Btw: did anybody succeded above build w/Blender or Sketchup ?

Please read the release notes. The build is not compatible with Blender 2.77.

But it is working with my 2.77.
Here is my console output
Code: Select all
connect failed: No such file or directory
Read new prefs: /home/duke/.config/blender/2.77/config/userpref.blend
found bundled python: /home/duke/Apps/blender-2.77/2.77/python
[Lux 2016-Mar-25 22:10:41] Attempting to import pylux module from "/home/duke/Apps/lux-v1.6RC1-x86_64-sse2-OpenCL"
[Lux 2016-Mar-25 22:10:41] Pylux module imported successfully
[Lux 2016-Mar-25 22:10:41] Using pylux version 1.6.0 RC1 Build 0
[Lux 2016-Mar-25 22:10:41] Attempting to import pyluxcore module from "/home/duke/Apps/lux-v1.6RC1-x86_64-sse2-OpenCL"
[Lux 2016-Mar-25 22:10:41] Pyluxcore module imported successfully
[Lux 2016-Mar-25 22:10:41] Using pyluxcore version 1.6RC1
[Lux 2016-Mar-25 22:10:42] Installed scene post-update handler

Screenshot from 2016-03-25 22-19-40.jpg
Blender 2.77 - Luxrender 1.6RC1 - Ubuntu 15.10
dukejib
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:41 am

Re: LuxRender v1.6RC1 Release

Postby B.Y.O.B. » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:23 pm

On Linux it seems to work, on Windows you have to wait for new builds with Python 3.5 support.
User avatar
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
 
Posts: 5135
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:10 pm
Location: Germany

Re: LuxRender v1.6RC1 Release

Postby jensverwiebe » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:11 pm

dukejib wrote:
SATtva wrote:
bluecd wrote:Btw: did anybody succeded above build w/Blender or Sketchup ?

Please read the release notes. The build is not compatible with Blender 2.77.

But it is working with my 2.77.
Here is my console output
Code: Select all
connect failed: No such file or directory
Read new prefs: /home/duke/.config/blender/2.77/config/userpref.blend
found bundled python: /home/duke/Apps/blender-2.77/2.77/python
[Lux 2016-Mar-25 22:10:41] Attempting to import pylux module from "/home/duke/Apps/lux-v1.6RC1-x86_64-sse2-OpenCL"
[Lux 2016-Mar-25 22:10:41] Pylux module imported successfully
[Lux 2016-Mar-25 22:10:41] Using pylux version 1.6.0 RC1 Build 0
[Lux 2016-Mar-25 22:10:41] Attempting to import pyluxcore module from "/home/duke/Apps/lux-v1.6RC1-x86_64-sse2-OpenCL"
[Lux 2016-Mar-25 22:10:41] Pyluxcore module imported successfully
[Lux 2016-Mar-25 22:10:41] Using pyluxcore version 1.6RC1
[Lux 2016-Mar-25 22:10:42] Installed scene post-update handler

Screenshot from 2016-03-25 22-19-40.jpg


Exactly. I removed the specific python linkage from the modules. so a module can work as intended: looking up the symbols from the hosting app ( aka Blender here ).
On windows there seems to be a flag missing to get the declspec import right (/NOREF ? ), for osx this is "-undefined dynamic_lookup", for linux this behaviour is default.
Thus linux and osx builds work "as is" with any Blender from 2.6.x through 2.7.7.
No need for recompiling with py 3.5 cause the difference to 3.4 does not bite us in this case.

Emphasizing this the 100th time.

Jens
User avatar
jensverwiebe
Developer
 
Posts: 3407
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:34 pm

Re: LuxRender v1.6RC1 Release

Postby 3Djun » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:26 am

It is working fine with my Blender 2.77 running Windows 8 64 bit.
I have installed 1.6RC using luxblend inside the installation folder and it works fine.
But maybe because I have Python 3.5 in my system installed.
3Djun
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:34 pm

Re: LuxRender v1.6RC1 Release

Postby Harvester » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:39 am

Yep, I can confirm what states 3Djun. I am running Blender 2.77a 64bit (zipped version) on a Win7 Pro 64bit notebook and installed (copied) the "luxrender" add-on from the zipped file you find inside the installation folder C:\Program Files\Luxrender in the \addons_extern (it's the same if you put it in \addons or \addons_contrib folders, I simply use a self modified version of \2.77\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py), and I have also Python 3.5.1 64bit version installed on the same machine. Luxrender works!
The development build I've used is the one available here: http://www.luxrender.net/release/builds/1.6/windows/
Attachments
luxrender_1.6RC1_Blender2.77a.jpg
Blender's console screenshot
Harvester
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 8:09 am

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest