LuxRender v1.5 Release

News & Announcements regarding releases, features, exporters and project coordination.

Moderators: Dade, coordinators

Re: LuxRender v1.5 Release

Postby B.Y.O.B. » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:59 am

I only know a few bad ones that I don't want to link.
Maybe I can make a tutorial in a couple of weeks, once the node materials stuff is merged into the trunk.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer

Postby zsolnai » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:36 am

Excellent, thank you! :)
zsolnai
Developer

Postby zsolnai » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:10 am

May I ask you to make sure that the tutorial starts out with installing LuxRender and the LuxBlend plugin to make sure everyone knows how to get started from square 1? :) Since you don't have to do any of that with Cycles, we have to make sure that everyone knows how to add Lux to Blender.
zsolnai
Developer

Postby Hapoofesgeli » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:07 pm

I personally vote for a very short introduction video, and then using text based tutorials. As changing, improving and keeping some texts and pictures up to date is much easier than videos. Especially considering that there are not many people making video tutorials all the time, so they will all probably get out dated soon too, and keeping them up to date means rerecording the whole thing and putting hours and hours to redo the same stuff.
Thanks everyone in advance.
Hapoofesgeli

Postby zsolnai » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:47 pm

Agree, that also works. However, as this is the first hit for "LuxRender tutorial", we have to make sure that they are updated: http://www.luxrender.net/wiki/Tutorial_ ... irst_scene
zsolnai
Developer

Re: LuxRender v1.5 Release - OSX 10.11

Postby jensverwiebe » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:57 am

Attention Please

Paolo recently got reports about issues with our gui apps on OSX 10.11 ( El Capitan )
Seems this is caused by qt4 incompatibilities. Not sure if this is just cause of changes or a bug in the os.

Please report asap if you encounter such a problem. The sooner we can sort this out, the bigger the chance
this can be fixed/workedaround in an upcoming maintainance release. Thank you.

Jens
jensverwiebe
Developer

Postby pciccone » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:17 am

Hi Jens.
Thank you for the warning. Yesterday I was able to recompile a version of Qt that solved this issue, at least in Reality. I'm going to copy that version of Qt to the build machine so that it will fix LuxRender as well. We are conducting tests to verify that no regressions are caused by this patch.

Cheers.
pciccone
Developer

Postby jensverwiebe » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:34 am

pciccone wrote:Hi Jens.
Thank you for the warning. Yesterday I was able to recompile a version of Qt that solved this issue, at least in Reality. I'm going to copy that version of Qt to the build machine so that it will fix LuxRender as well. We are conducting tests to verify that no regressions are caused by this patch.

Cheers.

Good work :)

Jens
jensverwiebe
Developer

Previous

Return to News & Announcements